Asian Medical Institute
Asian Medical Institute was established in the year 2004 and is located in city of Kant (20 kms. from Bishkek i.e. capital of Kyrgyzstan). The total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is INR 15.75 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. This is one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute can be easily completed online by submitting documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Asian is 50% marks & NEET qualification according to latest NMC’s rules.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Asian Medical Institute in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Asian Medical Institute
Asian Medical Institute is a private medical institution that functions under the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. It is named after S. Tentishev and and hence also known as S. Tentishev Memorial Asian Medical Institute. ASMI (Kant) is located in Kant which lies on the outskirts of Bishkek city (Approx. 40 kms). All departments & hostels are located in campus and are very close to each other. It is quite a popular choice of students who wish to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Asian Medical Institute are it’s low fees, good ranking & close location to Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan).
Asian Medical Institute ranks among the top 10 (According to online ranking portals) medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. Overall, it has 4,000+ students (Local Kyrgyz & foreigners) studying in various faculties from different countries and 250+ teachers (Including some Indian teachers) are engaged in training them. At present, there are more than 750 Indian students studying MBBS in Asian Medical Institute in English medium. ASMI (Kant) offers courses at undergraduate level in medical & other related fields. The institute has few exchange programs too with renowned universities of neighboring CIS countries for the benefit of students.
MBBS Fees in Asian Medical Institute – 2023
The MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is INR 15.75 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Asian for 2023 session is given below :
|Asian Medical Institute||1st Year Fees||2nd-5th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 3,400||USD 3,400||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 450||USD 450||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 1,750||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 5,600||USD 3,850||USD 21,000|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 4,20,000||INR 2,88,750||INR 15,75,000|
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kyrgyzstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Admission in Asian Medical Institute
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Asian online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Asian Medical Institute issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Asian Medical Institute issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kyrgyzstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Asian Medical Institute
The MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Asian and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Asian Medical Institute
Asian Medical Institute is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Asian can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Asian Medical Institute
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Asian Medical Institute for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- Asian Medical Institute ranks among top 10 higher education medical institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Asian is valid in whole world.
- Being a 19 years old university of Kyrgyzstan, ASMI (Kant) witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- Asian Medical Institute has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 15 years.
- More than 1,500 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from Asian (Kant).
- The total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Asian of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Asian is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at ASMI is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kyrgyz.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Asian Medical Institute is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kyrgyzstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kyrgyzstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Asian Medical Institute for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Asian Medical Institute offers courses in medical field at undergraduate level. Among all medical faculties, the faculty of general medicine is the most busy one and receives most number of students every year. Other than these, it also has a preparatory/language faculty for students who wish to study in local language (Kyrgyz). The faculties at Asian Medical Institute that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Asian Medical Institute comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Asian, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Asian Medical Institute are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Some new hostels have also been recently built by university to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Asian.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Asian (Kant) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Asian Medical Institute for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Asian Medical Institute for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Asian, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Thousands of Indians from Asian Medical Institute have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Kant is located in the valley of Northern Kyrgyzstan and is the administrative center of Ysyk-Ata district. It was established in 1928 and the name of city is derived from the word “Kant” (In Kyrgyz language), which means “sugar” in English. It is named after a sugar plant that was established here in 1930. The city is also a industrial center for whole region of Kant region & is situated 20 kms. from Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan).
Kant is also very well connected by road & rail to all major cities in Kyrgyzstan through Bishkek. Manas International Airport is located only 40 kms. from Asian Med. Institute. The city also has an air-base that is managed by Russia and is a sub-division of CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization). The nearest city to Kant is Bishkek, which is a major education hub in Kyrgyzstan.
Kant is a beautiful city and the only major education institution located here is S. Tentishev Asian Memorial Medical Institute. The peaceful atmosphere and friendly people of city make it an ideal place for education. Kant is located very close to Bishkek and hence, Indian students often visit the capital city during vacations & weekends too. The city witnesses humid continental climate with long summers (From +25 to +33 degrees Celsius) and a comparatively shorter winter season (Ranging from +5 to -10 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute ?
The total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is INR 15.75 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Asian Medical Institute ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Asian Medical Institute by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute ?
The process of MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kyrgyzstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute ?
The MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Asian Medical Institute recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Asian Medical Institute is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Asian Medical Institute ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Asian Medical Institute are it’s low fees, huge number of Indian students & close location to Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan).