Astana Medical University
Astana Medical University was established in 1964 and is located capital city of Kazakhstan i.e. Nur-Sultan (Earlier known as Astana). The total MBBS fees in Astana Medical University is INR 23.25 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. This includes tuition fee, hostel, medical & misc. charges too. The MBBS eligibility in Astana Medical University is 50% marks & NEET qualification. The procedure of MBBS admission in Astana is simple with minimal documentation & can be completed online.
AMU (Nur-Sultan) offers a moderate MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All eligible & interested students from India should apply before last date of admissions. At present, the Astana Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in Astana Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Astana Medical University is 23.25 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India & other countries. The detailed MBBS fees in Astana for 2022 (September Session) is as shown below :
- 1st Year : USD 7,800 / INR 5,85,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 5,800 / INR 4,35,000
- Total Fees : USD 31,000 / INR 23,25,000
* Yearly MBBS fees in Astana Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in Astana Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Astana Medical University ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Astana Medical University through an simple admission procedure as given below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET result.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter.
- University issues an invitation letter for study visa of student.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Kazakhstan Embassy (Delhi) for visa stamping.
- We assist students in currency exchange & air ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Astana Medical University.
* Eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Astana online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Astana Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Astana Medical University for admission of Indian students is as given below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Astana is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Astana.
What is the ranking of Astana Medical University ?
Astana Medical University ranks on 3rd position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Kazakhstan. The university provides superior medical education in English medium & has one the best infrastructure & facilities in campus. It is a popular place among foreign students and is considered among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan.
AMU (Nur-Sultan) was established in 1964 and is a 64 years old university located in the capital city of Kazakhstan. It has always ranked among top 5 medical universities of Kazakhstan since it’s establishment. At present, it has more than 500 Indian students who are studying course of general medicine in English medium. The city of Nur Sultan is very modern in all aspects and the people of city are very friendly towards foreign students.
Is Astana Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Astana Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in AMU (Nur Sultan) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Astana Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
The documents required for MBBS in Astana Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Astana Medical University for Indian students is 5 years + 1 year internship. The total duration of course here also was 5 years till 2021, which included the internship as well. But after the NMC – 2021 update, the university now provides 5 years MBBS course, after which Indian students have to undergo 1 year additional internship in Kazakhstan too.
The medium of instruction in Astana for Indians students is English. The classes, tests and exams are conducted in English for international students. Other than the highly qualified Kazakh teachers & professors, there are few Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are appointed especially to train Indian students for FMGE/NExT exam after completion of MBBS from Astana
Faculties in AMU (Nur-Sultan)
The faculties at Astana Medical University that provide training to Kazakh & foreign students at graduate & post-graduate courses are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Public Health & Management
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
Most of the Indian students who apply for MBBS admission in Astana Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only. The faculty of general medicine is most active & busy among all faculties and has maximum staff engaged in it’s management.
Hostel Facilities in AMU (Nur-Sultan)
Most of the hostels in Astana Medical University for Indians are located within or near the main university campus. An overview of the hostel facilities is provided below :
- Located within & near the main university campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Several new hostels have been built by university, so as to provide accommodation the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students generally have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 2nd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have beds, bed-sheets, study tables & chairs, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel (for Indians) provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Astana.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can rent a flat/apartment (if they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of AMU (Nur-Sultan) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with great enthusiasm and joy in hostels.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events by Astana Medical University for Indian students.
Benefits of MBBS from Astana Medical University
Some useful facts that make might assist students to decide about studying MBBS in Astana Medical University are as below :
- AMU (Nur-Sultan) ranks on 3rd position among all higher education medical institutions of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Astana is valid in whole world.
- Being a 58 years old medical university, Astana Medical University witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The university has been teaching Indian students in English medium MBBS course for more than 8 years now.
- A very affordable MBBS fees in Astana & an excellent city makes it a very favorable destination for Indians in Kazakhstan.
- The faculty of medicine at AMU (Nur-Sultan) is highly experienced in training Indian students in medical course in English.
- The duration of MBBS in Astana is 5 years + 1 year internship, similar to that of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample clinical/practical exposure, while interacting with local patients in hospitals after 2nd year of course.
- The total MBBS fees in Astana Medical University is is quite moderate in comparison to university’s ranking & stature.
- MBBS admission in Astana Medical University is st6raight forward and can be completed online in few steps.
- The MBBS eligibility in Astana is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter/Equivalent & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh/Russian.
About Astana Medical University
Astana Medical University ranks on 3rd position among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. This makes it one of the the most renowned medical university among Indians for MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 5,000 students studying in various fields of medicine. More than 850 teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are engaged in training these students.
The university offers several exchange programs with renowned universities of Russia, Ukraine & European countries for the benefit of students. It is a private higher education institution and functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Kazakhstan. It receives a good number of Indians every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan.
AMU (Nur-Sultan) is a classical medical university that provides training only in field of medicine and some related one. offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate, doctors levels in various fields of medical education. Apart from being a top ranked university, the university also actively contributes to research and scientific activities in all fields of medicine.
Astana (Now known as Nur-Sultan) is the capital city of Kazakhstan and is located in the northern central region of country. The city acquired it’s new name i.e. Nur-Sultan in March 2019. Astana is the 2nd largest city of Kazakhstan in terms of population with most populous city being Almaty. Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan in year 1997. The city of Nur Sultan is located on the banks of Ishim river & features futuristic design and architecture with numerous sky scrapers.
Nur-Sultan has excellent connectivity with all major cities of Kazakhstan as well as nearby countries through an international airport, railway track and highways. For transport within the city, buses, rapid bus transport, light rail (Another name of Metro), taxis , vans and a special bicycle sharing system is used.
Astana (Nur Sultan) is not only one of the most important cities politically and financially, but all in field of education. The city alone has more than 14 higher education institutes where more than 70,000 students are studying (Including students from foreign countries). Astana Medical University is one of the most popular medical universities in city and has huge number of students studying currently. Most Indian students who travel to Nur-Sultan have the sole purpose of studying MBBS in Astana Medical University.
Being the capital of Kazakhstan with best transport, living & educational facilities, the total fees of MBBS in Astana is quite moderate and affordable for foreign students. This makes it one of the most chosen universities in Kazakhstan by Indian students especially. The city witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +35 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -10 Degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :