Azerbaijan Medical University
AMU (Baku) was established in 1930 and is located in city of Baku which is the capital of Azerbaijan. The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is INR 28.05 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. This amount is quite affordable for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. Students can apply for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University online by submitting documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University is 50% marks & NEET qualification according to the NMC’s rules.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Azerbaijan Medical University
AMU (Baku) is named after Nariman Narimanov (A famous figure in Soviet politics) and hence also known as Nariman Narimanov Azerbaijan Medical University. It is a government university and functions under the Ministry of Science & Higher Education and Ministry of Health. AMU (Baku) has recently started MBBS course in English for Indian students. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University are it’s top ranking, moderate fees and it’s location in Baku.
Azerbaijan Medical University’s ranks among top 3 universities (According to online rankings) & is one of the most renowned institutions in whole country. Overall, there are 8,000+ students (Including locals & foreigners) studying in different courses at university. At present, there are 200+ Indian students studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University in English medium. The university provides education at undergraduate & postgraduate levels in medicine, dentistry & other medical related fields. Apart from providing education, it actively contributes to research & scientific activities in medical & related fields as well.
MBBS Fees in Azerbaijan Medical University – 2023
The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is INR 28.05 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Azerbaijan Med. University for 2023 session is given below :
|Azerbaijan Medical University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 5,500||USD 5,500||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 400||USD 400||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 2,000||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 7,900||USD 5,900||USD 37,400|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 5,92,500||INR 4,42,500||INR 28,05,000|
* Indian mess facility is available at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Azerbaijan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Azerbaijan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Azerbaijan.
MBBS Admission in Azerbaijan Medical University
The step-by-step process of MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students is as below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- University issues admission letter confirming the MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- University issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Azerbaijan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Azerbaijan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Azerbaijan.
MBBS Eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students according to NMC (National Medical Commission) & university rules is as below :
- 50% Marks : Indian students must have minimum 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter to fulfill the MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University (40% marks for reserved category).
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical university.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Azerbaijan Medical University
Azerbaijan Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students after MBBS from Azerbaijan Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Azerbaijan can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- Azerbaijan Medical University (Baku) ranks among the top 3 medical education institutions in whole of Azerbaijan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from AMU (Baku) is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 93 years old university of Azerbaijan, it gets huge number of applications every year from India.
- The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is moderate for a medical university located in Baku (Capital of Azerbaijan).
- The MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Azerbaijan is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at AMU has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Azeri.
The documents required for MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Azerbaijan Medical University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Azerbaijan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Azerbaijan Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Azerbaijan Medical University provides training in courses at graduate and post-graduate levels. Most of the Indian students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine, which receives the most number of applications every year. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Azeri). The active faculties at Azerbaijan Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Faculty of Military Medicine
- Faculty of Public Health
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Azerbaijan Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreign students also learn local language (Azerbaijani/Azeri) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Azerbaijan Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Azerbaijan Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Azerbaijan.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Azerbaijan Medical University, where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Azerbaijan, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
Baku city is the capital of Azerbaijan and is located in the eastern region of country very close to Caspian sea. The city lies 92 feet (28 mts.) below sea level and is hence the the lowest lying capital city and the largest city as well in whole world below sea level. The work “Baku” means “city of winds” due to the harsh winds that blow in the city as it is located very close to the Caspian sea. More than 25% of the whole population of Azerbaijan lives in Baku city or nearby metropolitan area. The city has 2 administrative regions and 48 townships with few of them on nearby islands.
The city of Baku is the cultural, business, scientific and industrial hub of whole country. Several world events were held in the city in the past decade like European Grand Prix, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Euro, European Games & many others. Baku is a very popular tourist destination and ranks 48th in whole world in terms of expensive cities (According to Mercer HR Consulting). Being the capital and most important city of Azerbaijan, it has excellent connectivity to all other major cities of Azerbaijan through rail, road and air routes.
Baku has the best higher education institutions of whole Azerbaijan located in city. Other than AMU (Baku), some of the other main universities are Azerbaijan State Oil Academy, Azerbaijan State Economic University, Azerbaijan Architecture & Construction University, Azerbaijan Technical University and many more. Indian students in Azerbaijan find the people of city very friendly to interact with & the city witnesses warm summers (35-40 Degree Celsius) and moderate to extreme winter season (2-8 Degree Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is INR 28.05 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University requires documents submission, medical reports, visa stamping, online fees payment & then departure to Azerbaijan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Azerbaijan Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Azerbaijan Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University are it’s top ranking, moderate fees, excellent campus & location in Baku (Capital of Azerbaijan).