Azerbaijan Medical University
Azerbaijan Medical University was established in the year 1930 and is located in city of Baku which is the capital of Azerbaijan. It offers an affordable MBBS fees in Azerbaijan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is 27.30 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2022 (September) session. This fee is in fact is very less as compared to university’s stature & location. The process of MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University is simple with minimal documentation.
Azerbaijan Medical University’s ranks among top 3 universities in whole country. The university has always been one the best medical universities in Azerbaijan ever since it was established. Recently, the university started MBBS course in English medium for foreign students as well. This English medium MBBS course now attracts hundreds of students from India every year to study MBBS in Azerbaijan. Currently, there are more than 8,000 students studying in Azerbaijan Medical University and more than 1,000 teachers are engaged in training these students.
AMU (Baku) is named after Nariman Narimanov (A famous figure in Soviet politics) and hence it is also known as Nariman Narimanov Azerbaijan Medical University. It functions under the Ministry of Science & Higher Education and Ministry of Health of Azerbaijan. It was the first medical university to start English medium MBBS course in Azerbaijan for foreign students. Apart from the superior educational & superb infrastructure, the university is very active in field of research & scientific activities related to field of medicine.
MBBS Fees in Azerbaijan Medical University
The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is 27.30 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Med. University for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,900 / INR 5,17,500
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,900 / INR 4,42,500
- Total Fees : USD 36,400 / INR 27,30,000
* The yearly MBBS fee structure in Azerbaijan Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in Azerbaijan Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Azerbaijan. Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure, as they must pay in US Dollars after arrival there. Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Azerbaijan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
* The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Azerbaijan.
MBBS Eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University (Azerbaijan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University.
MBBS Admission in Azerbaijan Medical University
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University through a very simple admission procedure as below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Azerbaijan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Azerbaijan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Azerbaijan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Azerbaijan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of Azerbaijan Medical University
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in KSMA can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as International School of Medicine is included in the list of recognized/approved medical universities in Azerbaijan published by WHO.
Ranking of Azerbaijan Medical University in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan Medical University ranks in top 3 universities in whole country and is among the renowned higher education medical institutions in Azerbaijan according to online surveys done my major global firms. The university may soon be the top medical college of Azerbaijan in a couple of years too. It offers a very affordable & attractive MBBS fee for all international students in the capital metropolitan city of Baku, Azerbaijan.
Being a 92 years old medical university and situated in capital of Azerbaijan (Baku), Azerbaijan Med. University has a very high reputation. It has always maintained & upgraded it’s standards in all field of technology, infrastructure & education so that it offers nothing less than the best. All these factors combined make Azerbaijan Medical University one of the best medical universities of Azerbaijan for local as well as foreign students. The university currently has more than 500 Indian students studying general medicine course in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Azerbaijan Medical University
The documents required for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction in Azerbaijan Medical University
The total duration of MBBS course in Azerbaijan Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Azerbaijan is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Azerbaijan during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Azerbaijan & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Azerbaijan Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been several years now, when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Baku for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Baku.
Faculties in AMU, Baku
The faculties at Azerbaijan Medical University (Azerbaijan) that are active at present and provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most recently established faculties for international students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan every year. All hostels are located within the main university campus, so Indian students do not have to travel far from their hostels for attending classes. Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine.
How are classes conducted for Indian students in AMU, Baku ?
The classes for Indian students in Azerbaijan Med. University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Azerbaijani/Azeri) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Azerbaijan Med. University, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students ?
The hostels for Indian students in Azerbaijan Med. University are available within the main universitye campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All AMU, Baku hostels are located within the main campus & students attend classes in university at a walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Baku.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Azerbaijan Med. University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can opt in if they wish to or prepare food themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Azerbaijan Medical University for Indian students as well.
Why to study MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University, Azerbaijan ?
Some useful facts which might make it easier for students to decide about studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University are as mentioned below :
- AMU (Azerbaijan Medical University) ranks among the top 3 medical education institutions in whole of Azerbaijan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from AMU (Baku) is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 93 years old medical college of Azerbaijan, it gets huge number of applications every year from India.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since several years.
- The faculty of medicine at AMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Azerbaijan Medical University is very rightly priced for medical course in Baku (Capital of Azerbaijan).
- MBBS admission in Azerbaijan Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- The MBB eligibility in Azerbaijan Medical University is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Azerbaijani/Azeri/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Azerbaijan Medical University (Azerbaijan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Azerbaijan Med. University, Azerbaijan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from AMU, Baku have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
Baku city is the capital of Azerbaijan and is located in the eastern region of country very close to Caspian sea. The city lies 92 feet (28 mts.) below sea level and is hence the the lowest lying capital city and the largest city as well in whole world below sea level. The work “Baku” means “city of winds” due to the harsh winds that blow in the as it is located very close to the Caspian sea. More than 25% of the whole population of Azerbaijan lives in Baku city or nearby metropolitan area. The city is divided into 2 administrative regions and 48 townships with few of them on nearby islands. The city of Baku is the cultural, business, scientific and industrial hub of whole country. Several world world events were held in the city in the pat decade like European Grand Prix, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Euro, European Games & Eurovision Song Contest as well.
Baku is a very popular tourist destination and is ranked 48th in whole world in terms of expensive cities (According to Mercer HR Consulting). The city has the best higher educations institutions of whole Azerbaijan located here. Other than Azerbaijan Med. University, some of the other main universities are Azerbaijan State Oil Academy, Azerbaijan State Economic University, Azerbaijan Architecture & Construction University, Azerbaijan Technical University and many more. Being the capital and most important city of Azerbaijan, Baku was excellent connectivity to all other major cities of Azerbaijan through rail, road and air routes. Indian students studying MBBS in Azerbaijan Medical University find the people of city very friendly to interact with. The climate of Baku witnesses warm summers (35-40 Degree Celsius) and moderate to extreme winter season (2-8 Degree Celsius).