Bashkir State Medical University
Bashkir State Medical University was established in the year 1932 and is located in Ufa city of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is 18,92,464 Rupees for 2024 session. BSMU offers a very affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Bashkir online by submitting relevant documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Bashkir is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS course in Bashkir State Medical University in whole year i.e. September session.
The MBBS course in Bashkir State Medical University (Ufa) in English medium was started approx. 10 years ago. Today, it is one of the most popular & chosen medical universities in Russia. Few of the reasons why so many Indians choose Bashkir to study MBBS in Russia are affordable fees, excellent campus, top ranking and a huge number of Indian students.
- University Type : Government
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online)
- Ranking : Top 10 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 10,000+
- Indian Students : 2,000+
- Education Level : Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Doctoral
- Departments : Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy & Nursing
MBBS Fees in Bashkir State Medical University – 2024
The MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is 18,92,464 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Bashkir in 2024 session is given below :
|Bashkir State Medical University
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy
|Total Fees (Rupees)
* Indian mess available at additional USD 120 per month.
Bashkir State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Bashkir State Medical University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- BSMU (Ufa) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Ufa and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Bashkir State Medical University
Bashkir State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in BSMU (Ufa) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- BSMU (Ufa) ranks on 12th place among all higher education medical institutions in the whole Russia.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Bashkir is valid in whole world.
- Being a 91 years old university of Russia, Bashkir witnesses a very huge number of admissions from India.
- BSMU (Ufa) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to foreign students for more than a decade.
- Hundreds of Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from BSMU (Ufa).
- The total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is quite low for a medical university which is so popular.
- The MBBS eligibility in Bashkir of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in BSMU (Ufa) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Bashkir has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian
The documents required for MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Bashkir State Medical University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Bashkir State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the foreigners apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most students every year among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Bashkir State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Faculty of Post-graduation
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Classes & Practical
Bashkir State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Bashkir State Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Bashkir State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by BSMU (Ufa) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Bashkir State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in BSMU (Ufa), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from BSMU (Ufa) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Ufa is the capital of Bashkortostan province of Russia & is also the 11th most populated city in whole country. It lies in the eastern part of Russia with it’s border almost touching many CIS countries. The railway station in Ufa is a part of the well known Trans-Siberian Railway line too. The city has an international airport as well. Trams, trolley buses, vans and taxis are easily available for transport within the city at affordable fares.
The majority of population in Bashkortostan Republic comprises of Russians, Tatars & Bashkirs. Being the capital of Bashkortostan state, Ufa has excellent connectivity with other major cities of Russia through roads, rail & air routes. Some of the major attractions in city are Salavat Yulaev Monument, Seven Girls Fountain, National Museum, Ufa Arena, Victory Park & Ufa Botanical Garden.
Ufa is an education hub with several renowned government universities for engineering, aviation, petroleum & medicine. Most of the Indian students who travel here have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University. Ufa is an ideal city for foreign students as it offers low fee courses & an affordable lifestyle for students at the same time. The city witnesses mild winters (Between 0 to -30 degrees Celsius) and moderately warm summers (Ranging between +25 to +32 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is 18,92,464 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is Bashkir State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Bashkir State Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University are it’s low fees, top ranking, excellent campus & a huge number of Indian students.