Benefits of MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
With thousands of students pursuing medical education in Russia, it is obvious that the benefits of MBBS in Russia for Indian students are much more than other countries. Every year, more than 5000 Indian students take MBBS admission in Russia for pursing medical education. This is in fact a huge number of students, travelling from one country to another and all having the same purpose.
Why Russia ? Why not other countries ? Isn’t the MBBS fees in Russia similar to those in other countries ? Is the ranking of Russian medical universities better than other countries ? Well, we will be answering each of these questions and also enlisting the most important benefits & advantages of studying MBBS from Russia, especially when it comes to Indian students.
What are the main benefits of studying MBBS in Russia for Indian students ?
Most of the students who plan to study abroad have an idea about the huge number of Indians who travel to Russia every year. But they they may not be aware of the important reasons to why these students chose Russia over other countries. So, the main benefits of MBBS in Russia for Indian students are :
- No Donation : There is no sort of donation amount involved, as the MBBS admissions in Russia are done solely on the basis of eligibility rules set by NMC & Russian universities.
- Global Recognition : The MBBS degree (Known as MD Physician in Russia) awarded to foreign students is valid in all countries, as the medical universities in Russia are recognized/approved by WHO.
- Easy Eligibility : The MBBS eligibility in Russia is one of the easiest for Indian students, as it strictly follows to the NMC’s guidelines set for Indian students to study MBBS abroad i.e. 50% marks in 12th & NEET qualification.
- Online Admission : Since last 2 years, Russia has started taking an online exam for foreign students while students are in India, so that they are fully confirmed about their admission before arrival to Russia.
- Affordable Fees : Russia has a wide range of fee options to offer to Indian students, due to the huge number of universities. The lowest MBBS fees in Russia is just INR 15 Lacs, and the costliest one up to INR 32 Lacs. This total course cost includes fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance for whole course.
- Course Duration : The duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years & it has remained the same since last several decades. Even after the new NMC’s updated rules of Nov’2021, the 6 years course duration fits all the NMC’s new rules of course duration & internship.
- Medium of Instruction : Before 20 years from now, there were very few medical colleges in Russia that offered English medium MBBS course to foreign students. But in the last 15 years, there has been such a drastic increase in the number of Indian students travelling to Russia. Today, there are more than 50 medical universities that offer English medium MBBS course for international students.
- Experienced Faculty : As the Russian teachers have been teaching Indians in English medium for several years, their proficiency in English is quiet high and students also do not face any problems in communication with them.
- Indian Students : With so many medical universities offering affordable courses, Russia has the highest number of Indian students studying MBBS in English medium here.
What are other advantages of studying MBBS in Russia over other countries ?
Other than the benefits listed above, there are several other advantages of studying MBBS in Russia for Indian students. These are more important now, because of the the new rules that have been recently implemented by NMC in the past few years. Here are the main advantages of MBBS in Russia :
- Course Duration : Recently in Nov’2021, NMC introduced a set of new eligibility requirements for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. These includes min. 54 months (4 years 6 months course) & 12 months internship (1 year) in the same university. This total duration equals to 66 months i.e. 5 years 6 months. But, the duration of MBBS in Russia is already 5 years 8 months which equals to 68 months, which includes the 1 year internship too.
- Internship : After the NMC’s Nov’2021 update, all medical universities of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Georgia had to increase their duration of MBBS course from 5 years to 6 years. This was done so that the course also covers the 1 year compulsory internship, so as to match the new NMC rules. But, Russia already had internship covered in it’s duration of 5 years 8 months and did not make any change in it’s existing MBBS course duration.
- Common Exit Test : In 2021, it was indicated by MCI (Now NMC) that a common exit test will soon replace the existing FMGE/MCI Screening Test. And this is now confirmed, as the first mock round of Common Exit Test (NEXT) will be conducted in 2023. But, the main thing is that not only foreign graduates, but all Indian students who complete their MBBS degrees from India will also have to clear this test. All MBBS graduates (From India & Abroad) will be allowed to work as a registered medical practitioner in India after qualifying NEXT.
We hope that the above article provided some useful insights to students who are interested to pursue MBBS course from Russia. If there are any more doubts that are not clear, then please feel free to contact us through the details on our website.