Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University was established in 1918 and is located in the Simferopol city in the western region of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is 19,65,000 Rupees for 2023 session. CFU offers an affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who plan to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Crimea online by submitting required documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Crimea is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS in Crimea Federal University in whole year i.e. September session.
The MBBS course in Crimea Federal University (Simferopol) in English medium as started approx. 20 years ago. The university remains to be among the top 5 medical universities in Russia and has one of the highest FMGE passing rate as well. Some of the reasons why a huge number of Indian students choose Crimea for studying MBBS in Russia are it’s ranking, affordable fees, excellent campus & teachers and a huge number of Indians.
- University Type : Government (Federal)
- Other Name : Crimea State Medical University
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 5 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 32,000+
- Indian Students : 2,000+
- Education Level : Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Doctoral
- Departments : Medical, Dentistry & Nursing
MBBS Fees in Crimea Federal University – 2023
The MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is 19,65,000 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Crimea in 2023 session is given below :
|Crimea Federal University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 4,000||USD 4,000||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 120||USD 120||–|
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy||Included||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 5,600||USD 4,120||USD 26,200|
|Total Fees (Rupees)||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 3,09,000||Rs. 19,65,000|
* 1st year MBBS fees in Crimea includes registration & overhead expenses.
* Indian mess available at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Crimea Federal University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- CFU (Simferopol) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Crimea and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Crimea Federal University
The MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in CFU (Simferopol) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Crimea Federal University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- CFU (Simferopol) ranks among top 5 higher education medical institutions in the whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Crimea is valid in whole world.
- Being a 105 years old university of Russia, Crimea receives a very good number of admissions from India.
- CFU (Simferopol) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to international students for more than 20 years.
- Hundreds of Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from CFU (Simferopol).
- The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is one of the lowest among all universities in Russia.
- The MBBS eligibility in Crimea of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in CFU (Simferopol) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Crimea has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Crimea Federal University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Crimea Federal University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the international students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most number of applications among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Crimea Federal University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Faculty for Diploma Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in Crimea Federal University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Crimea Federal University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Crimea Federal University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Crimea Federal University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by CFU (Simferopol) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Crimea Federal University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in CFU (Simferopol), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from CFU (Simferopol) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Simferopol is the capital of the Republic of Crimea that is currently falls under the the administration of Russian Federation. The city is located along the famous Salgir river & the entire region of Crimea is situated on the coasts of Black Sea & Sea of Azov. It is the 2nd most populous city in Crimea region (Sevastopol being first). Simferopol has direct connectivity with Kiev as well as Moscow and is the economic, political and transport hub of whole region.
Simferopol has an international airport with direct flights to major cities of Russia and Europe as well. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis are always available for transport within the city. Some of the major attractions in Simferopol are Holy Trinity Convent, Children’s Park, Salgirka City Park, Park of Yuriy Gagarin, Crimean Drama Theatre of Gorkiy, Central Museum, Church of Three Saints and many more.
Simferopol is a major hub of education with several higher education institutions located here with CFU being one of them. Most of the Indian students who travel to Simferopol have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University. The city has several outstanding beaches which are a major tourist attraction for thousands of foreigners who visit every year. The climate of city is humid sub-tropical with mild summer temperature (From +20 to +35 degrees Celsius) and cold winters with temperatures up to -15 degrees Celsius.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University ?
The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is 19,65,000 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Crimea Federal University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Crimea Federal University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Crimea Federal University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Crimea Federal University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Crimea Federal University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University are it’s top-notch ranking, low fees, excellent faculty, affordable living cost & a huge number of Indian students.