Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University was established in 1918 and is located in the city of Simferopol in the eastern region of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is INR 20.59 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. This includes tuition fee, hostel & medical insurance. The process of MBBS admission in Crimea can be completed online easily by submitting relevant documents. The MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
CFU (Simferopol) is one of the best medical universities that also offers a very low MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. Eligible students from India must apply before the last date of admissions. Currently, Crimea Federal University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium in 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University ?
The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is 20.59 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India. The detailed MBBS fees in Crimea for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : 3,11,830 Rubles / INR 3,43,013
- 2nd-6th/Year : 3,12,000 Rubles / INR 3,43,200
- Total Fees : 18,71,830 Rubles / INR 20,59,013
* Yearly MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* One-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration) to be paid in 1st year.
* Indian mess facility available in Crimea Federal University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 Ruble = 1.10 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University ?
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Crimea through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Russian Embassy (New Delhi) for visa.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Russia.
- One of our representatives receives students at airport in Russia.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Crimea Federal University.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Crimea online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University (Simferopol) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Crimea is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Crimea.
* Students are also required to qualify an online test conducted by Crimea Federal University.
What is the ranking of Crimea Federal University ?
Crimea Federal University ranks among top 5 higher education medical universities in Russia according to average of major online ranking platforms. It is ranked on 2nd position according to Indian Embassy in Moscow, that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. At present, the university has more than 2,000 Indian students studying general medicine course in English medium.
CFU (Simferopol) is a 104 years old university (Established in 1918) with a highly experienced teaching faculty who have excellent proficiency in English language. It has the highest MCI passing rate among all medical universities of Russia. Till 2019, the university only accepted those students from India who had above 70% marks in Chemistry & Biology. But this MBBS eligibility in Crimea was later removed, when the NMC made NEET qualification mandatory to study MBBS abroad.
Is Crimea Federal University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Crimea can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Crimea Federal University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO.
The documents required for MBBS in Crimea Federal University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Crimea Federal University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Crimea Federal University for foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English. It has been more than 20 years, when the English medium course was stated here. All medical books by Indian writers are available in university library. This helps the students to be prepared for FMGE/NExT, after MBBS from Crimea.
Faculties in CFU (Simferopol)
The faculties in Crimea Federal University that provide training to national & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Faculty for Diploma Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate, clinical residency, Ph.D & diploma courses. The faculty of general medicine receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University every year.
Hostel Facilities in CFU (Simferopol)
Most of the hostels for Indian students in Crimea Federal University are located within the main university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located very close the CFU main campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- To accommodate the increasing number of Indian students, many new hostels have been built by university as well.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Crimea.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Crimea Federal University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can prepare food themselves as well in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Crimea Federal University for Indian students.
Benefits of MBBS from Crimea Federal University
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for students to decide about studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University are :
- CFU (Crimea Federal University) ranks among top 5 higher medical universities of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Crimea is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 104 years old medical university, Crimea Federal University witnesses huge number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students due to it’s ranking, highest MCI passing rate & low MBBS fees in Crimea.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 20 years now.
- More than 15 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Crimea Federal University.
- The faculty of medicine at CFU is highly skilled & experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium MBBS course.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises, so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their MBBS course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
About Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University ranks on 2nd place among all medical universities that fall under the Ministry of Education & Science of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). The university has gained more popularity than any other medical university of Russia in the past few years due to it’s top ranking, huge campus & a very affordable fee for international students. CFU is often the first choice of Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Russia in English medium.
CFU (Simferopol) is named after V.I. Vernadsky (Famous academician) and hence also known as V. I. Vernadsky Crimea Federal University. Till 2014, Crimea State Medical University (Also known as S. I. Georgevsky Crimea State Medical Academy) functioned as a separate government university for providing medical education to national & foreign citizens. But in 2014, it was merged under the federal university and became a medical sub-division of Crimea Federal University (A much larger federal university) by order of government.
Today, Crimea Federal University (Simferopol) has 23 academic & non-academic units, 10 academies & institutes, 7 colleges & 11 research institutions functioning under it’s name. The university provides training in numerous fields of education (medicine being just one of them) at under-graduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. In short, it is undoubtedly one of the best medical universities of Russia, considering all the factors of ranking, standards and affordability.
Simferopol is the capital of the Republic of Crimea that is currently falls under the the administration of Russian Federation. The city has direct connectivity with Kiev as well as Moscow and is the economic, political and transport hub of whole region. It is located along the famous river Salgir & the region of Crimea is situated on the coasts of Black Sea & Sea of Azov.
The Simferopol International Airport has direct flights to all major cities of Russia and to neighboring countries of Europe as well. Students from India can reach Simferopol directly by flight (Via Moscow) and do not have to travel by train or bus. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis are always available for transport within the city.
Some of the major attractions in Simferopol are Holy Trinity Convent, Children’s Park, Salgirka City Park, Park of Yuriy Gagarin, Crimean Drama Theatre of Gorkiy, Central Museum, Church of Three Saints and many more. The city is a major hub of education with several higher education institutions located here. One of them is Crimea Federal University, which in itself is a very huge institution and the most popular as well.
Simferopol is the 2nd most populated city in Crimea region with most populated city being Sevastopol. It has several outstanding beach locations which are a major tourist attraction for thousands of foreigners who visit every year. The climate of city is humid sub-tropical with summer temperature ranging from +20 to +35 degrees Celsius and cold winters with temperatures up to -15 degrees Celsius.
Related Universities :