Duration of MBBS in Russia for Indians
The total duration of MBBS in Russia for Indians in 6 years. The exact duration of full course is however 5 years 8 months, which is often referred to as 6 years. This course duration includes the full MBBS course as well as the internship of 1 year in Russia.
Has the MBBS duration in Russia been changed after NMC 2021 update ?
The duration of MBBS course in Russia has not changed after the NMC’s (18th Nov. 2021) gazette update. This is because the duration of medical course in Russia already follows the NMC gazette requirements. The most important changes in old eligibility rules for Indian students are :
- Minimum 54 months (4 years 6 months) MBBS course duration in Russia
- Internship of 12 months (1 year) from same medical university of Russia
- Duration of MBBS course should not exceed 10 years
According to the current NMC rules, the duration of MBBS from abroad must be of minimum 66 months (5 years 6 months). However, the total duration in Russia is 68 months (5 years 8 months). So, students from India can be assured that the duration of MBBS in Russia is exactly as per the NMC’s rules & eligibility rules.
When & which subjects are taught in Russia to Indian students ?
All medical colleges of Russia have the same teaching pattern. The theoretical & clinical medical subjects taught in the entire duration of MBBS in Russia to Indian students are :
- 1st & 2nd Year : Mostly theoretical subjects (Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology)
- 3rd Year : Theoretical & clinical subjects (Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Pathological-Anatomy, Surgery)
- 4th to 6th Year : Mostly clinical subjects (Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, ENT, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Oncology, Urology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases, Medical Laws)
We hope that we have cleared most of the doubts related to MBBS duration in Russia for Indians. Interested students can learn more about other related topics from here viz. MBBS fees in Russia or MBBS admission in Russia.