Fergana Medical Institute
Fergana Medical Institute was established in 1991 and is located in the city of Fergana (Situated in eastern region of Uzbekistan and very close to Kyrgyzstan border). The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is 19.52 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Uzbekistan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute is simple and can be done online with minimal documentation. The MBBS eligibility in Fergana is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the the latest NMC’s guidelines.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Fergana Medical Institute
Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is a government university and functions under the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science & Education of Uzbekistan. In 1991, it began it’s operations as a “medical center” and few ears later it received the status of “institute” and was finally renamed to Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health. It has become extremely popular among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Uzbekistan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute are it’s low fees, modern campus, top ranking & a huge number of Indian students.
Fergana Medical Institute ranks on 8th position (According to online ranking portals) among all medical universities in Uzbekistan. Thousands of students (Uzbeks & foreigners) study at the institute & approx. 150 teachers are engaged in training students across 19 departments. At present, there are more than 350 Indian students studying MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute in English medium. The institute provides education at undergraduate level in general medicine, preventive medicine, nursing, traditional medicine & biomedical engineering.
MBBS Fees in Fergana Medical Institute – 2023
The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is 19.52 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Fergana for 2023 session is given below :
|Fergana Medical Institute||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 3,500||USD 3,500||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 650||USD 650||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance (2 Years) & Misc. Charges||USD 1,130||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 5,280||USD 4,150||USD 26,030|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 3,96,000||INR 3,11,250||INR 19,52,250|
* Indian mess facility is available at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Uzbekistan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Uzbekistan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Admission in Fergana Medical Institute
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Fergana online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Fergana Medical Institute issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Fergana Medical Institute issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Uzbekistan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Uzbekistan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Fergana and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute
The MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Fergana and their availability at the time of application. The MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Fergana Medical Institute
Fergana Medical Institute is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Fergana can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- Fergana Medical Institute ranks on 8th position among all higher education medical universities of Uzbekistan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Fergana is valid in whole world.
- Being just a 31 years old university of Uzbekistan, Fergana receives a very good number of admissions from India.
- The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Fergana is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at FMIPH is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Uzbek.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Fergana Medical Institute is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Uzbekistan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Fergana Medical Institute for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Fergana Medical Institute provides courses at undergraduate level in various fields of medicine. The faculty of general medicine is most popular among all faculties and receives a huge number of applications Indian students every year. The institute also has a language/preparatory faculty for foreign students who wish to study in local language (Uzbek). The faculties at Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Higher Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Traditional Medicine
- Faculty of Professional Education
- Biomedical Engineering
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students Classes
The classes for Indian students in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Uzbek) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Fergana, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Fergana Medical Institute are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Fergana.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Fergana Medical Institute where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Fergana Medical Institute for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Uzbekistan, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can now work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from Fergana Medical Institute have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Fergana (Ferghana in Uzbek) is the capital city of Fergana state of Uzbekistan. It is located in the eastern region of country very close to border of Kyrgyzstan. The city is less than 20 kms. far from the border of Kyrgyzstan. Fergana International Airport is located approx. 5 kms. from the city with frequent flight to other cities of Uzbekistan & neighboring countries as well. Trams, trolleybuses, vans, taxis are readily available for transport within the city.
Fergana is located 415 kms. east of Tashkent (Capital of Uzbekistan) and 75 kms. west of Andijan. Majority of people in this region are of Uzbek & Tajik ethnicity while 25% of the population is of Russian origin. Being the capital & administrative center of Fergana state of Uzbekistan, the city has 5 higher education institutions located in the city. The main sights in city are “Museum of Local Studies” & “Regional Theatre”.
Hundreds of students from other cities of Uzbekistan & neighboring countries apply in different universities for pursuing courses in engineering, pedagogy, medicine, etc. However, most Indian students who travel here have the sole motive to study MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health. The city of Fergana witnesses cold arid climate i.e. short winter season with moderate cold (+4 to -4 degrees Celsius) and a longer summer season with temperature ranging from +20 to +35 degrees Celsius.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute ?
The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is INR 19.52 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Fergana Medical Intitute by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute ?
The process of MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute requires documents submission, online interview, visa stamping & then departure to Uzbekistan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute ?
The MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Fergana Medical Institute recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Fergana Medical Institute is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute are it’s low fees, excellent campus, new hostels & a low cost of living in Fergana city.