Fergana Medical Institute
Fergana Medical Institute was established in 1991 and is located in the city of Fergana (Situated in eastern region of Uzbekistan and very close to Kyrgyzstan border). It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Uzbekistan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is 16.42 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2022 (September) session. The process of MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute is simple with minimal documentation involved.
Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health ranks on 8th position among all medical universities in Uzbekistan. In 1991, the university began it’s operations as a “medical center” of Fergana State University. Few years later, it was given the status of a government medical institute and was renamed to Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health. It has a a modern campus with newly furnished hostels that have best facilities for students. In a very short span of time, it has become extremely popular among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Uzbekistan.
Fergana Medical Institute (Uzbekistan) is a government university and functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of Uzbekistan. It receives a good number of applications from Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Uzbekistan. At present, it offers courses at undergraduate level in general medicine, preventive medicine, nursing, traditional medicine & biomedical engineering. More than 150 teachers are actively engaged in training students in 19 different departments.
MBBS Fees in Fergana Medical Institute
The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is 16.42 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fees in Fergana for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,500 / INR 4,12,500
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,100 / INR 3,07,500
- Total Fees : USD 21,900 / INR 16,42,500
* The yearly MBBS fee structure in Fergana Medical Institute includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in Fergana Medical Institute at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Uzbekistan. Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure, as they must pay in US Dollars after arrival there. Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Uzbekistan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
* The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute
The MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute (Uzbekistan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in Fergana Medical Institute.
MBBS Admission in Fergana Medical Institute
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health through a very simple admission procedure as below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Uzbekistan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Uzbekistan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Uzbekistan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Uzbekistan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of Fergana Medical Institute
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Fergana (Uzbekistan) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Uzbekistan published by WHO as per global norms.
Ranking of Fergana Medical Institute in Uzbekistan
Fergana Medical Institute ranks on 8th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Uzbekistan. Despite being a medical institute that recently started medical course in English, it has gained immense popularity among students from India. This is especially due to it’s excellent campus, new hostels & a very low MBBS fees in Fergana. All these factors combined have made it one of the best medical universities in Uzbekistan for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in English medium in Uzbekistan.
Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health was established 1991 and is now a 31 years old government medical institute of Uzbekistan. Due to it’s superb English medium teaching faculty, continuously improving standards of education & an ideal atmosphere for foreign students, it has climbed very fast to rank among the top 10 medical universities of Uzbekistan. The medical institute currently has more than 300 Indian students who are studying general medicine course in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Fergana Medical Institute
The documents required for MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of instruction in Fergana Medical Institute
The total duration of MBBS course in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Fergana was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Fergana for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers for Indian students. In additional to the local Uzbek/Russian teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are some Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are especially appointed by the institute so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
Faculties in Fergana Med. Institute, Fergana
The faculties at Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health (Uzbekistan) that provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Higher Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Traditional Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty of Professional Education
The faculty of general medicine is most busy among all faculties and has maximum staff engaged in it’s management. It receives a good number of applications from Indian students every year for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan. The university campus is well established and has new buildings with good infrastructure & facilities for training in different specialties. FMIOPH (Uzbekistan) has several government hostels to provide accommodation to foreign students (From India specially). Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute choose to study in faculty of general medicine.
How are classes conducted for Indian students in FMIOPH, Fergana ?
The classes for Indian students in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Uzbek/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Fergana, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Fergana Medical Institute for Indian students ?
All hostels for Indian students in Fergana Medical Institute are situated within the medical institute campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All Fergana Med. Institute hostels are located within the main campus & students attend classes in medical institute at a walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Fergana.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Fergana where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events are organized by Fergana Medical Institute for Indian students.
Why to study MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute, Uzbekistan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for students to decide about studying MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health are as below :
- Fergana Med. Institute (Fergana) ranks on 8th position among all medical universities of Uzbekistan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Fergana is valid in whole world.
- Being just a 31 years old medical college of Uzbekistan, Fergana witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at Fergana is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in Fergana is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Fergana Medical Institute is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Fergana Medical Institute is straight forward and simple with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Uzbek.
Steps after MBBS from Fergana Medical Institute (Uzbekistan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health, Uzbekistan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from FMIOPB, Fergana have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
Fergana (Ferghana in Uzbek) is the capital city of Fergana state of Uzbekistan. It is located in the eastern region of country very close to border of Kyrgyzstan. The city is less than 20 kms. far from the border of Kyrgyzstan. The main sights in city are “Museum of Local Studies” & “Regional Theatre”. Majority of people in this region are of Uzbek & Tajik ethnicity while 25% of the population is of Russian origin. Trams, trolleybuses, vans, taxis are readily available for transport within the city. Fergana International Airport is located approx. 5 kms. from the city with frequent flight to other cities of Uzbekistan & neighboring countries as well.
Being the capital & administrative center of Fergana state of Uzbekistan, the city has 5 main higher education institutions located in the city. Hundreds of students from other cities of Uzbekistan & neighboring countries apply in different universities for pursuing courses in engineering, pedagogy, medicine, etc. However, most Indian students who travel here have the sole motive to study MBBS in Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health. The city is located 415 kms. east of Tashkent (Capital of Uzbekistan) and 75 kms. west of Andijan. The city of Fergana witnesses cold arid climate i.e. short winter season with moderate cold (+4 to -4 degrees Celsius) and a longer summer season with temperature ranging from +20 to +35 degrees Celsius.
Related Universities :