International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan)
International School of Medicine (ISM) was established in year 2003 & is located in the city of Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan). It offers the best medical education at a very affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who plan to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in ISM for 2022 (September) is 16.10 Lacs (Indian Rupees). The process of MBBS admission in ISM is quite simple with minimal documentation and an easy eligibility criteria.
The ranking of International School of Medicine is one of the best among all private medical institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan. The majority of foreign students here comprise of students from India. ISM (Bishkek) recently launched additional campuses (ISM Issyk-Kul & ISM East Campus) in the same city to accommodate the increasing number of Indian students. The oldest and main campus is the ISM Central Campus in Bishkek.
The main motive for establishing ISM, Bishkek was to reform the system of medical education in Kyrgyzstan. Today, International School of Medicine is among the best medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan and attracts most number of students from India every year for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university has dozens of exchange program & associations with some of the most renowned medical universities in Europe & neighboring countries.
MBBS Fees in ISM (International School of Medicine)
The total MBBS fees in ISM (International School of Medicine) is 16.10 Lacs & 22.54 Lacs (Indian Rupees) in Issyk-Kul & Central Campus respectively. The detailed MBBS fees in ISM for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
ISM (Issyk-Kul Campus), Bishkek :
- 1st Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,200 / INR 2,94,000
- Total Fee : USD 23,000 / INR 16,10,000
ISM (Central Campus), Bishkek:
- 1st Year : USD 7,400 / INR 5,18,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- Total Fee : USD 32,200 / INR 22,54,000
* The MBBS fee structure of International School of Medicine (ISM) includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
The MBBS fees in ISM is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan (Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure as they must pay in USD after arrival there). Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
MBBS Eligibility in ISM (International School of Medicine)
The MBBS eligibility in International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in ISM is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in ISM (International School of Medicine).
MBBS Admission in ISM (International School of Medicine)
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in ISM (International School of Medicine) through simple procedure given below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of ISM (International School of Medicine)
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in ISM (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in ISM can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as International School of Medicine is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO.
Ranking of ISM (International School of Medicine) in Kyrgyzstan
International School of Medicine ranks on 13th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is a much recently established university in comparison to other top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan like Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Osh & Jalalabad.
Today, ISM is considered as the best medical college of Kyrgyzstan that is most popular among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. It is one of those institution that gained immense popularity among Indians within a very short span of time. The college currently has more than 2,000 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in ISM (International School of Medicine)
The documents required for MBBS in ISM (International School of Medicine) are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction in ISM (International School of Medicine)
The duration of MBBS course in International School of Medicine is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in ISM was 6 years as in other countries. But the university now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & it’s living expenses too.
The medium of instruction in International School of Medicine for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English. Apart from native Kyrgyz teachers that teach most of foreign students at university, there are few Indian teachers too especially appointed for teaching Indian students. These Indian teachers train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
Faculties in ISM (International School of Medicine), Bishkek
The faculties at International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan) that are fully functional and provide training are as below :
- Medical faculty
- Dental faculty
- Nursing faculty
- Faculty of post-graduate education
- Faculty of preparatory/language course
There are a number of departments engaged in training foreign students at all ISM campuses. Some of them are Departments of Humanitarian Sciences, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Public Health, Scientific Disciplines, Surgery, Fundamental Disciplines, Special Clinical Disciplines, Macro & Micro Anatomy, Internal Medicine, Therapy and Pathology.
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in managing it. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Two new campuses were also inaugurated recently (ISM Issyk-Kul & ISM East Campus) to accommodate the increasing number of Indian students. Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in ISM choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted for Indian Students in ISM (International School of Medicine), Bishkek ?
The classes for Indian students in International School of Medicine comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups help them to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a general revision of science subjects (Intermediate level) and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. The learning of additional language helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in ISM, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within the university campus. From 3rd year of MBBS course, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who in turn evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in ISM (International School of Medicine) for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in International School of Medicine are available within the university campus itself. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as given below :
- All ISM (Bishkek) hostels are located within the main campus & students attend most classes in university.
- Students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in ISM.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess is available in all hostels of International School of Medicine where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events are organized by ISM for Indian students every year.
Why to study MBBS in International School of Medicine, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for students to decide about studying MBBS in International School of Medicine are explained below :
- ISM (International School of Medicine) ranks on 13th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from ISM is valid in whole world.
- The faculty of medicine at ISM is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in ISM is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals.
- The total MBBS fees in ISM (International School of Medicine) is very low as compared to it’s ranking & global reputation.
- MBBS admission in ISM (International School of Medicine) is simple & straight forward with minimal documentation required.
- The MBB eligibility in International School of Medicine is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from International School of Medicine, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree of Kyrgyzstan is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference in any aspect.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until they clear it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any hospital in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ISM, Bishkek have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India & abroad.
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. It is located at an altitude of 2,600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too range & Tian Shan mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc.
Being the national capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from Europe. The city is home to more than 15 government higher education institutions and is a hub of education in whole of Kyrgyzstan with ISM (International School of Medicine) being one of them. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kyrgyzstan.
Related Universities :