Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan)
Jalalabad State Medical University is a was established in 1993 and is located in Jalalabad (Capital of Jalalabad province of Kyrgyzstan). JASU (Jalalabad) offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad for 2022 (September) is 15.45 Lacs (Indian Rupees). The process of MBBS admission in Jalalabad is simple with minimal documentation.
The ranking of Jalalabad State Medical University in among top 10 medical universities of Kyrgyzstan. There has been a rapid rise in Jalalabad’s ranking since new campuses of university have been set up. It is a 29 years old university that provides training in graduate, post graduate & specialty courses. JASU is a very popular choice among Indian students to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan as Jalalabad also introduced the English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan for foreign students along with Osh.
Jalalabad State University, Jalalabad is a government university that functions under the direct administration of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. The university started courses in field of engineering & law as well and is hence also known as Jalalabad State University. It is one of those medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan that has gained name & fame for itself in a short span of time by continuously diversifying itself in many fields of education.
MBBS Fees in Jalalabad State Medical University
The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is 15.45 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Jalalabad for 2022 (September) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,970 / INR 2,77,900
- Total Fees : USD 22,080 / INR 15,45,600
* The MBBS fee structure of Jalalabad State Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
The MBBS fees in Jalalabad is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan (Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure as they must pay in USD after arrival there). Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
MBBS Eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University.
MBBS Admission in Jalalabad State Medical University
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of Jalalabad State Medical University
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Jalalabad can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as JASU, Jalalabad is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO.
Ranking of Jalalabad State Medical University in Kyrgyzstan
Jalalabad State Medical University ranks among top 10 (According to average of most ranking platforms online) higher medical education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is a a popular destination for Indian students (Located in a beautiful mountain region) and is considered among the few top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan that provide ideal atmosphere for students to study with all amenities.
JASU is one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 1993. The university recently built few new campuses to accommodate the increasing number of students from India. The university’s new campus has all modern facilities, better infrastructure & equipment. Jalalabad State University gained immense popularity among Indian students within a very short span of time. The university currently has more than 2,000 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Jalalabad State Medical University
The documents required for MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University
The total duration of MBBS course in Jalalabad State Medical University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Jalalabad was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the university now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
Faculties in Jalalabad State Medical University
The faculties at Jalalabad State University, Kyrgyzstan that are active and provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Pedagogy, Psychology & Ecology Faculty
- Engineering & Mechanic Faculty
- Literature & Law faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications from India among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Some new hostels buildings & a new campus have also been built to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of foreign students (From India specially). The new hostels have much better facilities as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted for Indian students in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The classes for Indian students in Jalalabad State University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Jalalabad, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Jalalabad State University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All JASU, Jalalabad hostels are located within the main campus & students attend classes in university at a walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Jalalabad.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Jalalabad State University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events are organized by JASU (Jalalabad) for students every year.
Why to study MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- JASU (Jalalabad State University) ranks among top 10 in higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Jalalabad is valid in whole world.
- Being an old government medical university of Kyrgyzstan, Jalalabad State University witnesses huge number of admissions.
- The faculty of medicine at JASU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in Jalalabad is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Jalalabad State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from JASU, Jalalabad have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
Jalalabad is the capital of Jalalabad province of Kyrgyzstan & is approx. 600 kms from the capital of Kyrgyzstan. It is a city located south of Kugart valley in the foothills of Babash Ata mountain. Jalalabad was a place of interest for archaeologists in the past, but today it’s very lesser known remains are left. Some part of the very well known “Silk Road” also passes through Jalalabad city. The city is very popular for walnuts and natural sceneries. The city of Osh is located at a distance of just 100 kms. from Jalalabad by road. An interesting spot in the city is cafe “Ikram Ajy” which is located at a height of 1,000 meters and the whole city of Jalalabad is visible from this place.
The city of Jalalabad is a place with serene & peaceful atmosphere which is very close to nature. The medical university is located in the center of city and offers and excellent environment for education. It can be an experience of a life time for students study MBBS in JASU (Jalalabad State Medical University, Jalalabad) and also get an opportunity to get closer to the nature. Jalalabad has hot & dry summer continental climate in which the summers are long (Average temperature between +25 to +38 degrees Celsius), while the winters are comparatively shorter (Average temperature ranging between +5 to -10 degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :