Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Medical University was established in 1993 and is located in Jalalabad, which is the capital of Jalalabad state of Kyrgyzstan. The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is INR 24.15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2024 session. It offers an affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University can be easily done online by submitting documents scans. The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the the latest NMC’s guidelines.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Medical University is a government institution that functions under the direct administration of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. When JASU (Jalal-Abad) was established in 1993, it only offered medical courses, but now it offers engineering & law courses as well. Hence, it is now known by the name Jalal-Abad State University. It is one of the most popular choice among Indian students for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University are it’s low fees, superior education, huge number of Indian students and a low cost of living.
Jalalabad State Medical University ranks among the top 5 (According to online ranking portals) medical universities of Kyrgyzstan. Overall, the university has 4,500+ students (Local Kyrgyz & foreigners) studying in various courses from different countries and 300+ teachers (Including some Indian teachers) are engaged in training them. At present, there are more than 1,000 Indian students studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University in English medium. JASU (Jalalabad) offers courses at graduate, post graduate & doctoral in medical and various other fields. A new campus with better infrastructure & modern facilities has been recently built to accommodate the increasing number of students too.
MBBS Fees in Jalalabad State Medical University – 2024
The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is INR 24.15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Jalalabad for 2024 session is as below :
|Jalalabad State Medical University
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kyrgyzstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Admission in Jalalabad State Medical University
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- Jalalabad State Medical University issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Jalalabad State Medical University issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kyrgyzstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad and their availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Jalalabad can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- JASU (Jalal-Abad) ranks among top 5 higher medical education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Jalalabad is valid in whole world.
- Being a 29 years old university of Kyrgyzstan, Jalalabad State University witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- Jalalabad State University has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 15 years.
- More than 2,000 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from Jalalabad State University.
- The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Jalalabad is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at JASU is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kyrgyz.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Jalalabad State Medical University is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kyrgyzstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kyrgyzstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Jalalabad State University provides medical courses at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. The faculty of general medicine is the most popular one and it receives the most number of Indian students every year. The university also has preparatory/language faculty for foreign students who wish to study in local language (Kyrgyz). The faculties at Jalalabad State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Pedagogy, Psychology & Ecology Faculty
- Engineering & Mechanic Faculty
- Literature & Law faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Jalalabad State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Jalalabad, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Jalalabad State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Many new hostels have also been built by university recently to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Jalalabad.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Jalalabad State University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Jalalabad State University for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Jalalabad, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Thousands of Indians from Jalalabad have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Jalal-Abad is the capital of Jalalabad province of Kyrgyzstan & is approx. 600 kms from the capital of Kyrgyzstan. It is a city located south of Kugart valley in the foothills of Babash Ata mountain. Jalalabad was a place of interest for archaeologists in the past, but today it’s very lesser known remains are left. Some part of the very well known “Silk Road” also passes through Jalal-Abad city.
Jalalabad is very popular for walnuts and natural sceneries. Osh is located at a distance of just 100 kms. from here by road. An interesting spot in the city is cafe “Ikram Ajy” which is located at a height of 1,000 meters and the whole city of Jalalabad is visible from this place. It a place with serene & peaceful atmosphere which is very close to nature.
Jalalabad State University is located in the center of city and provides an ideal environment for education. It can be an experience of a life time for students to get closer to the nature while studying here in this beautiful city. The city witnesses has hot & dry summer continental climate in which the summers are long (Between +25 to +38 degrees Celsius), while the winters are comparatively shorter (Ranging between +5 to -10 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is INR 24.15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kyrgyzstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is Jalalabad State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Jalalabad State Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Jalalabad State University are it’s low fees, top ranking, vast campus, experienced faculty & a huge number of Indian students.