Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University was established in 1804 (215 years old) and is situated in Kazan city of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is 30,52,340 Rupees for 2023 session. KFU (Kazan) offers a moderate MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who plan to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal online by submitting necessary documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS in Kazan Federal University in whole year i.e. September session.
Kazan Federal (Volga Region) University started MBBS course in English medium for international students 9 years ago. The university ranks among top 5 medical universities in Russia and is one of the best in whole country. Some main reasons why Indian students choose Kazan Federal for studying MBBS in Russia are it’s superb teaching faculty, excellent campus, modern hostels & a huge community of Indians.
- University Type : Government (Federal)
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 5 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 45,000+
- Indian Students : 300+
- Education Level : Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Doctoral
- Departments : Medical, IT, Economics, Management, Pedagogy, Geology, etc.
MBBS Fees in Kazan Federal University – 2023
The MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is 30,52,340 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Kazan Federal for 2023 session is given below :
|Kazan Federal University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||4,93,740 Rubles||4,93,740 Rubles||–|
|Hostel Fees||13,000 Rubles||13,000 Rubles||–|
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy||11,900 Rubles||–||–|
|Total Fees||5,18,640 Rubles||5,06,740 Rubles||30,52,340 Rubles|
|Total Fees (Rupees)||5,18,640 Rupees||5,06,740 Rupees||30,52,340 Rupees|
The MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Kazan Federal University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- KFU (Kazan) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Kazan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Kazan Federal University
The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in KFU (Kazan) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Kazan Federal University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- KFU (Kazan) ranks among top 3 higher education medical institutions in the whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Kazan Federal is valid in whole world.
- Being a 219 years old university of Russia, Kazan Federal receives a very good number of admissions from India.
- KFU (Kazan) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to international students for more than 7 years.
- Hundreds of Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from KFU (Kazan).
- The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is one of the lowest among all universities in Russia.
- The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in KFU (Kazan) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Kazan Federal has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Kazan Federal University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Kazan Federal University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the international students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most number of applications among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Kazan Federal University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine & Biology
- Information Science & Computer Technology
- Physical, Mathematics & Natural Sciences
- Humanities & Social sciences
- Economics & Management
- Education & Pedagogy
- Services Sphere
- Culture and Arts
- Automation & Control
- Geodesy & Land Management
- Geology and Mineral Development
- Life Safety, Environmental Engineering & Protection
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in Kazan Federal University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kazan Federal University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Kazan Federal University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the campus (Univerisade Village) & students attend their classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Kazan Federal University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by KFU (Kazan) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Kazan Federal University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in KFU (Kazan), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KFU (Kazan) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Kazan is the capital & the largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan of Russian Federation. The city is often called as the 3rd capital of Russia and sports capital of Russia. This is due to it’s history of hosting international sports events (2013-Summer Universiade; 2015-World Aquatics Championship; 2017-World Gymnastics Championship; 2018-FIFA World Cup). Kazan International Airport is located 26 kms. from the city center. Trams, trolley-buses, metro, taxis & vans are available easy for transport within the city.
Kazan is one of he largest industrial and financial center of whole Russian Federation. Some of the major attractions in city are Kremlin, Temple of all Religions, Bauman Street, Kremlyovskaya Embankment, Viewpoint, Arena Stadium and many more. The famous Kremlin here was recently declared as a World Heritage Site. Kazan is a major educational hub for people from neighboring states of Russia and other countries as well.
Kazan has more than 40 higher education institutions in the city and Kazan Federal University is the most renowned among all of them. Several Indians have testified that the time they spent while studying MBBS in KFU (Kazan) was one of the best times of their life. The city witnesses humid continental climate with mild to severe winters (Ranging from 0 to -20 degrees Celsius) and warm and sunny summer season (Ranging from +22 to +34 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University ?
The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is 30,52,340 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Kazan Federal University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Kazan Federal University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to apply for MBBS in Kazan Federal University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Kazan Federal University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Kazan Federal University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Kazan Federal University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University are it’s top ranking, huge campus, superb hostels, excellent faculty & an ideal campus for education.