Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University (KFU) was established in 1804 (215+ years old federal university) and is situated in Kazan, which is capital of Tatarstan region and an important city of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is INR 31.74 Lacs for Indian students in 2023 session. This amount includes tuition fee, hostel & medical insurance too. The process of MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University is simple and has to be completed online in several steps. The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal (KFU) is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
KFU (Kazan) is one the best universities of Russia & offers an affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All eligible students from India should apply online before the last date of admissions. Currently, Kazan Federal University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2023 session.
What is the MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University ?
The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is 31.74 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India. The detailed MBBS fees in Kazan Federal (KFU) for 2023 session is given below :
|Kazan Federal University (Russia)||1st Year Fee (Rubles/Indian Rupees)||2nd-6th/Year Fee (Rubles/Indian Rupees)|
|Tuition Fees||4,68,000 Rubles / INR 5,14,800||4,68,000 Rubles / INR 5,14,800|
|Hostel Fees||6,600 Rubles / INR 7,260||6,600 Rubles / INR 7,260|
|Medical Checkup & Insurance, Dactyloscopy, Visa Extension, Documentation & Misc. Charges||16,100 Rubles / INR 17,710||4,500 Rubles / INR 4,950|
|TOTAL FEES||4,90,700 Rubles / INR 5,39,770||4,79,100 Rubles / INR 5,27,010|
* OTC (One time charges) for registration & admission to be paid additionally in 1st year.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal (KFU) through a simple step-by-step admission procedure as below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Russian Embassy (New Delhi) for visa.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Russia.
- One of our representatives receives students at airport in Russia.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Kazan Federal University.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal (KFU) online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University (KFU) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal (KFU) is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal (KFU).
* Students are also required to qualify an online test conducted by Kazan Federal University.
What is the ranking of Kazan Federal University ?
Kazan Federal University ranks on 3rd place among all universities in Russia (According to surveys done my major online ranking platforms). The university not only receives students from India for MBBS, but from dozens of other countries due to it’s high ranking & superior education. It offers courses in more than 15 fields of education at undergraduate, post-graduate & Ph.D levels and medical education is just one of them.
KFU (Kazan) was established in 1804 and is a 218 years old federal university of the Russian Federation. The reputation & stature of Kazan Federal University is often compared with the ones in Moscow & St. Petersburg, that are also among the top medical universities in Russia. The university has several prizes & awards tagged to it’s name (More than most of Russian universities).
The university is undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges in Russia for Indian students. It ranks very high in regional as well as global rankings (Times Higher Education University Impact, US Best Global Universities, Forbes Rankings, Eurasia Rankings, Round University Rankings, etc). At present, Kazan Federal University has more than 500 Indian students who are studying MBBS in English medium.
Is Kazan Federal University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Kazan Federal (KFU) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Kazan Federal University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO.
The documents required for MBBS in Kazan Federal University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Kazan Federal University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russian Federation is 5 years 8 months. The total course duration includes internship as well, that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in KFU (Kazan) for all international students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English. It has been more than 7 years, when the English medium course was started in KFU (Kazan). All medical books by Indian writers are available in library. This helps the students to prepare for the FMGE/NExT exam in India after MBBS from Kazan.
Faculties in KFU (Kazan)
The faculties at Kazan Federal University (KFU) that provide training to local Russians & international students at graduate, post-graduate levels are :
- Faculty of Medicine & Biology
- Information Science & Computer Technology
- Physical, Mathematics & Natural Sciences
- Humanities & Social sciences
- Economics & Management
- Education & Pedagogy
- Services Sphere
- Culture and Arts
- Automation & Control
- Geodesy & Land Management
- Geology and Mineral Development
- Life Safety, Environmental Engineering & Protection
It has just been approx. 7 years, when the faculty of general medicine was launched for all students. Being one the best universities of Russia, it receives much more applications than other old & established medical universities of Russia. Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University choose to study in faculty of general medicine.
Hostel Facilities in KFU (Kazan)
The hostels for Indian students in Kazan Federal University are located within the university campus in “Universiade Village”. It is an entirely in-campus based accommodation with all the best facilities for students. A brief overview of the facilities is as below :
- Located within the KFU (Univerisade Village) main campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which are equipped with study tables, chairs, beds, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- The rooms have air conditioners, room heaters, refrigerator along with attached washrooms for students.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on different floors with full separation or in separate hostels.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Kazan Federal (KFU).
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in the “Universiade Village” hostels.
- Indian mess facility is available in some hostels of Kazan Federal University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can prepare food themselves as well in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated with great enthusiasm in hostels by Indian students in all hostels.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Kazan Federal University administration for students.
Benefits of MBBS from Kazan Federal University
Some most useful facts which might help students to decide about studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University are as below :
- KFU (Kazan Federal University) ranks on 3rd position among all universities of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Kazan Federal (KFU) is valid globally.
- Being a more than 218 years old medical university, KFU (Kazan) witnesses a very huge number of admissions from India & several other countries.
- Due to it’s top notch ranking, excellent education & best facilities, it is one of the 1st preferences of Indian students.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 7 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at KFU is highly experienced & skilled in teaching Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is moderate & affordable in comparison to university’s ranking & standards.
- MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University is quite simple which can be completed online with an easy eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
About Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University ranks on 3rd position among all universities of Russia (According to surveys done my major online ranking platforms). It has 17 institutes, 3 higher schools and 3 branches functioning under it, which makes it one of the largest universities of Russia. It is very actively involved in various scientific and research activities in medicine and other fields of education.
KFU (Kazan) is one of those medical universities of Russia, where students from more than 50 countries are studying currently. At present, more than 44,500 students are studying here and more than 2,700 teachers are engaged in training them. The MBBS course in English for foreign students was started 7 years ago and the 1st batch of foreign students passed out last year.
The university functions under the Ministry of Higher Education & Science of the Russian Federation. It provides training in various fields of education at graduate, post graduate & doctoral levels. With a top notch ranking, modern infrastructure & usage of latest technology in teaching, it is one of the best destinations for studying MBBS in Russia.
Kazan is the capital & the largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan of Russian Federation. The city is often called as the 3rd capital of Russia and sports capital of Russia as well due it’s history of hosting international sports events (2013-Sumer Universiade; 2015-World Aquatics Championship; 2017-World Gymnastics Championship; 2018-FIFA World Cup). The city is a one of he largest industrial and financial center of whole Russia. Kazan has excellent connectivity with other cities of Russia through road, rail & air transport.
Kazan International Airport is located 26 kms. from the city center. Indian students directly reach Kazan without having to travel by train or bus. Trams, trolley-buses, metro, taxis & vans are available easy for transport within the city. Some of the major attractions in city are Kazan Kremlin, Temple of all Religions, Bauman Street, Kremlyovskaya Embankment, Kazan Viewpoint, Kazan Arena Stadium and many more. The famous Kazan Kremlin was recently declared as a World Heritage Site. Kazan is a major educational hub for students from neighboring states of Russia and other countries.
Kazan has more than 40 universities in the city and KFU (Kazan) is one of them. The dozens of famous universities in Kazan offer courses in numerous fields of education. Several Indian students have testified that the time they spent while studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University was one of the best times of their life. The city witnesses humid continental climate with mild to severe winters (From 0 to -20 degrees Celsius) and warm and sunny summer season (From +22 to +34 degrees Celsius).