Kursk State Medical University
Kursk State Medical University was established in 1935 and is located in the Kursk city of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Kursk State Medical University is 28,11,000 Rupees for 2023 session. It offers a moderate MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kursk online by submitting documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Kursk is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Kursk State Medical University in an year i.e. February & September session.
Kursk State Medical University is the 1st university that launched MBBS course in English medium in Russia for foreign students approx. 25 years ago. The university is one of the most reliable medical universities in Russia for English medium medical course and ranks among top 10 institutions as well. Some of the main reasons why Indians choose Kursk for MBBS in Russia are best English medium, experienced teachers, affordable course & huge number of Indian students.
- University Type : Government
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 10 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 8,000+
- Indian Students : 1,000+
- Education Level : Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Doctoral
- Departments : Medical, Pharma, Dental, Pediatrics, Nursing & Medico-Prevention
MBBS Fees in Kursk State Medical University – 2023
The total MBBS fees in Kursk State Medical University is 28,11,000 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Kursk for 2023 session is given below :
|Kursk State Medical University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 5,500||USD 5,500||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 700||USD 700||–|
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy||USD 280||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 6,480||USD 6,200||USD 37,480|
|Total Fees (Rupees)||Rs. 4,71,000||Rs. 4,65,000||Rs. 28,11,000|
* 1st year MBBS fees in Kursk includes registration & overhead expenses.
* Indian mess available at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Kursk State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Kursk State Medical University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- KSMU (Kursk) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Kursk and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Kursk State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Kursk State Medical University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Kursk State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Kursk State Medical University
Kursk State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in KSMU (Kursk) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Kursk State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Kursk State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- KSMU (Kursk) ranks among top 10 higher education medical institutions in the entire Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Kursk is valid in whole world.
- Being a 88 years old university of Russia, Kursk witnesses a very huge number of medical admissions from India.
- KSMU (Kursk) was the first university to start MBBS course in English for foreign students among all universities.
- Hundreds of Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from KSMU (Kazan).
- The total MBBS fees in Kursk State Medical University is moderate for a medical university that is located in Kursk.
- The MBBS eligibility in Kursk of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kursk is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine in Kursk has vast experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Kursk State Medical University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Kursk State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the foreign students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which witnesses the maximum admissions among all faculties. Students also have the option to apply in preparatory/language course, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Kursk State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Medical Faculty
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Stomatology Faculty
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Nursing
- Medico Prevention Faculty
- Economy & Biotechnology
- Psychology & Social Works
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in Kursk State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kursk State Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Kursk State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Kursk State Medical University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by KSMU (Kursk) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Kursk State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in KSMU (Kursk), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KSMU (Kazan) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Kursk is the capital of Kursk Oblast of Russia and is is located 530 kms from Moscow i.e. capital of Russia. The city witnessed the largest tank battle in history during World War II. Being close to Moscow, it is is well connected to other major cities of Russia through railway, roads and an airport as well. However, Indian students prefer to travel to Kursk by road/rail from Moscow due to it’s the excellent connectivity & frequent transport. Trams, trolley buses, mini-vans & taxis are easily available for transport within the city.
The major attraction in city are the dozens of orthodox churches that are located in the center of city. Znamensky Church is one of them and is considered one of the largest churches of Russia. The city of Kursk is the major center of higher education with Kursk State Medical University being one of them. Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Kursk, must apply well in time as the university gets a huge number of applications from various countries every year.
Kursk witnesses humid continental climate with mild to severe winters (Ranging from 0 to -25 degrees Celsius) and pleasant summers (Ranging from +20 to +33 degrees Celsius). The locals of city are very friendly with foreign students & love to interact with them. Indian students who graduated from Kursk have testified that the time they spent here was one of the best of their lives.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Kursk State medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Kursk State medical University is 28,11,000 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Kursk State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Kursk State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Kursk State Medical University requires documents submission, online fee payment, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kursk State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kursk State Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Kursk State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Kursk State Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Kursk State Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kursk State Medical University are it’s excellent English speaking faculty, affordable fees & it’s close location to Moscow.