Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan)
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy was established in 1939 and is located in Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan). It provides the best medical education at an affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indians who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for 2022 (September) is 19.60 Lacs (Indian Rupees). The process of MBBS admission in KSMA is simple with minimal documentation.
The ranking of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is among top 5 higher education institutions in Kyrgyz Republic. Being the oldest & top government medical institution, it actively contributes to research and scientific activities in field of medicine. KSMA (Kyrgyzstan) provides the best English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan for foreign students that come from different countries every year with majority of them being from India.
KSMA, Bishkek is named after I. K. Akhunbaev and hence also known as I. K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. It functions under the administration of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. It is the top ranked government medical university of Kyrgyzstan that has always been the most preferred choice among Indian students to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university has various partnership & student exchange programs with renowned institutes around the world.
MBBS Fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is 19.60 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in KSMA, Bishkek for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 7,200 / INR 5,04,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,64,000
- Total Fees : USD 28,000 / INR 19,60,000
* The MBBS fee structure in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
The MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan (Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure as they must pay in USD after arrival there). Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
MBBS Eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in KSMA is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
MBBS Admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz through a the admission procedure as outlined below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of KSMA (Kyrgyz State Medical Academy)
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in KSMA can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO.
Ranking of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ranks on 4th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is best suited medical university for Indian students as it is among the top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan that provides very friendly environment for Indians in Bishkek with top notch English medium medical course.
Being the oldest (Established in 1939) and top ranked government university, KSMA is considered one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan. It has always maintained it’s teaching standards and remained in the list of top higher education institutions of Kyrgyzstan. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students studying general medicine in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The documents required for MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The total duration of MBBS course in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Kyrgyz was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
Faculties in KSMA, Bishkek
The faculties at KSMA, Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Preventive & Social Medicine Faculty
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties. KSMA (Bishkek) university campus is huge and has different buildings for training in different specialties. Few new hostels have also been built that provide better facilities for Indian students as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted for Indian Students in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Bishkek ?
The classes for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Med. Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in KSMA, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students ?
The hostels for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Med. Academy are located within the university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities in hostels is as mentioned below :
- All KSMA (Bishkek) hostels are located within the main campus & students attend most classes in university at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in KSMA.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of KSMA where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events are organized by KSMA for Indian students every year.
Why to study MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which help a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are cited below :
- KSMA (Bishkek) ranks on 8th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from KSMA is valid in whole world.
- Being the oldest medical university of Kyrgyzstan, KSMA witnesses huge number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at KSMA is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kyrgyz is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is very less according to it’s ranking & popularity in Kyrgyzstan.
- MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is simple & straight forward with minimal documentation required.
- The MBB eligibility in Kyrgyz State Med. Academy is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from KSMA, Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree of Kyrgyzstan is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference in any aspect.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until they clear it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any hospital in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KSMA, Bishkek have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India & abroad.
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. It is located at an altitude of 2,600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too range & Tian Shan mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc. Being the national capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from Europe.
Bishkek is home to more than 15 government higher education institutions and is a hub of education in whole of Kyrgyzstan with Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA) being the best government institute among all of them. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kyrgyzstan. Bishkek has humid continental climate with average winter temperature being below 0 degrees Celsius and minimum up to -15 degree Celsius. Summers are long and warm with temperature ranging between +25 to +32 degree Celsius. The city is a home to thousands of foreign students (Most of them being from India) who travel here to study medicine in one of the reputed universities in Bishkek.
Related Universities :