Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy was established in 1939 and is located in Bishkek, which is the capital of Kyrgyz Republic. The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is INR 22.87 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers a moderate MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy can be easily completed online by submitting documents scans. The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the the latest NMC’s guidelines.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is a government university that functions under the regulations of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. It is named after is named after I. K. Akhunbaev and hence also known as I. K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. KSMA (Bishkek) is a classical medical university that solely focuses on education in field of medicine ever since it was established in 1939. It is a very popular institution among foreigners who wish to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are it’s top ranking, superior education, excellent infrastructure & location in Bishkek (Capital of Kyrgyzstan).
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ranks on 1st position (According to online ranking portals) among all medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. Overall, there are 15,000+ students (Local Kyrgyz & foreigners) studying in different faculties & 900+ teachers are engaged in training them. At present, there are more than 250 Indian students studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in English medium. KSMA (Bishkek) provides education at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels in medical & related fields. Being one of the oldest universities, it immensely contributes to research activities for the country & has several exchange programs with renowned universities of Europe.
MBBS Fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy – 2023
The MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is INR 22.87 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Kyrgyz State for 2023 session is given below :
|Kyrgyz State Medical Academy||1st Year Fees||2nd-5th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 4,800||USD 4,800||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 900||USD 900||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 2,000||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 7,700||USD 5,700||USD 30,500|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 5,77,500||INR 4,27,500||INR 22,87,500|
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kyrgyzstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kyrgyzstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in KSMA (Bishkek) and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in KSMA (Bishkek) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- KSMA (Bishkek) ranks among top 5 higher medical education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from KSMA (Bishkek) is valid in whole world.
- Being a 84 years old university of Kyrgyzstan, KSMA (Bishkek) witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- KSMA (Bishkek) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 15 years.
- More than 3,000 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from KSMA (Bishkek).
- The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in KSMA is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine here is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kyrgyz.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kyrgyzstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kyrgyzstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy provides education in field of medicine at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. The academy has language/preparatory faculty for students who wish to study in local language (Kyrgyz). The faculty of general medicine is the most busy one with many teachers and receive a a good number of Indian students every year. The faculties at Kyrgyz State Med. Academy that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Preventive & Social Medicine Faculty
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in KSMA (Bishkek), more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Some new hostels have also been recently built by university to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in KSMU (Bishkek).
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of KSMA (Bishkek) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by KSMA (Bishkek) for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in KSMA, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KSMA have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. It is located at an altitude of 2,600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too Range & Tian Shan Mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc.
Bishkek is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kyrgyzstan. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from neighboring countries. Being the hub of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. The city has an international airport which frequent domestic and international flights. Trams, trolley buses, minivans, taxis are easily available for transport within the city.
Bishkek is home to more than 15 institutions and is a an education hub of Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is one of the most prestigious institutions located here that attracts huge number of foreign students every year. Bishkek is a home to thousands of foreign students who travel here to study medicine. The city has humid continental climate with average winter temperature being below 0 degrees Celsius and minimum up to -15 degree Celsius. Summers are long and warm with temperature ranging between +25 to +32 degree Celsius.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is INR 22.87 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The process of MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kyrgyzstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Kyrgyz State Medical Academy recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are it’s top ranking, superior education, experienced faculty & a large number of Indian students.