MBBS in Kazakhstan : Fees, Admission, Eligibility
The total MBBS fees in Kazakhstan ranges from 15 Lacs to 26 Lacs Indian Rupees for full course in English medium for Indian students. The process of MBBS admission in Kazakhstan is straight forward and simple based on eligibility requirement set by NMC (National Medical Commission, India) and respective universities of Kazakhstan. The MBBS degree from Kazakhstan is recognized worldwide, as all below colleges are included in list of WHO (World Health Organization). The MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan for Indians is 50% marks, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age. With several universities & budget options available, Indians find the option of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan much better than several neighboring countries of Europe & Asia.
MBBS Fee Structure in Kazakhstan – 2022
The detailed MBBS fee structure in Kazakhstan for Indians can be checked/compared in the table given below. They can apply in below medical universities of Kazakhstan, provided they are eligible and do so before last date of application.
|Name of Medical University||1st Year Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel, Medical & One-Time Misc. Charges
|2nd-5th / Year Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel & Medical
|Total Course Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel & Medical
|West Kazakhstan State Medical University||USD 5,100 / INR 3,82,500||USD 3,800 / INR 2,85,000||USD 20,300 / INR 15,22,000|
|North Kazakhstan State University||USD 5,200 / INR 3,90,000||USD 4,400 / INR 3,30,000||USD 22,900 / INR 17,10,000|
|Semey Medical University||USD 6,100 / INR 4,57,500||USD 4,300 / INR 3,22,500||USD 23,300 / INR 17,47,500|
|International Medical School (IMS)||USD 5,300 / INR 3,97,500||USD 4,800 / INR 3,60,000||USD 24,500 / INR 18,37,500|
|South Kazakhstan Medical Academy||USD 5,800 / INR 4,35,000||USD 4,800 / INR 3,60,000||USD 25,000 / INR 18,75,000|
|Caspian International School of Medicine||USD 6,200 / INR 4,65,000||USD 5,500 / INR 4,12,500||USD 28,200 / INR 21,15,000|
|Al-Farabi Kazakh National University||USD 6,600 / INR 4,95,000||USD 5,700 / INR 4,27,500||USD 29,400 / INR 22,05,000|
|Astana Medical University||USD 7,800 / INR 5,85,000||USD 5,800 / INR 4,35,000||USD 31,000 / INR 23,25,000|
|Kazakh National Medical University||USD 7,400 / INR 5,55,000||USD 7,100 / INR 5,32,500||USD 35,800 / INR 26,85,000|
* Yearly MBBS fees in Kazakhstan includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance.
* 1st year MBBS fees includes medical check-up, visa extension & one-time misc. charges.
* Indian mess facility available in all universities at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* MBBS fee structure in Kazakhstan is prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR.
MBBS Eligibility in Kazakhstan
MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan for Indians is the same as specified by NMC (National Medical Commission) for studying MBBS abroad. The exact minimum MBBS eligibility requirement in Kazakhstan is as given below :
- 50% marks in PCB in 12th/Inter/Equivalent (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December 2022)
* This MBBS eligibility requirement in Kazakhstan applies to Indian students who wish to work/practice in India after completion of MBBS from Kazakhstan.
* Students from other countries (Except India) do not need NEET qualification for fulfilling MBBS eligibility requirement in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Admission in Kazakhstan
MBBS admission in Kazakhstan requires very less effort from candidate’s end. The step-by-step MBBS admission process in Kazakhstan for Indian students is outlined below :
- Student submits scans of 10th & 12th marksheets, NEET qualification & passport.
- We check them to confirm whether they fulfill the MBBS eligibility requirement in Kazakhstan.
- University issues confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the original marksheets & passport along with few other documents.
- University issues the invitation letter for study visa & entry to Kazakhstan.
- We apply student’s documents in Kazakhstan embassy and collect his passport with study visa.
- We get the apostille/attestation of marksheets & certificates from MEA (New Delhi).
- We inform the student about their departure date and provide a list of items they should carry.
- We assist the students in currency exchange in New Delhi, if they wish to carry fees in US Dollars.
- We organize the departure of students in groups from from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan and guides them further.
- All post-arrival services i.e. transport to hostel, hostel allotment, medical checkup, visa extension, police registration, contract signing, etc. are fulfilled by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* Students can directly apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online or by visiting any of our offices.
* Limited number of seats are available for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan in each university.
Recognition of MBBS Degree from Kazakhstan
The MBBS degree from Kazakhstan is recognized & valid in India as well as in other countries.
- The recognition of medical universities of Kazakhstan by WHO is published on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) website.
- NMC (National Medical Commission) recommends Indians to pursue MBBS course only from colleges listed on WDOMS.
- Kazakhstan medical universities award MD (Physician) degree to students on successful completion of MBBS education.
- This MD (Physician)/MBBS degree from Kazakhstan is equivalent to MBBS degree in India and is just another name for it.
- Thousands of Indians completed their MBBS from Kazakhstan in the past decades and are currently working in India.
Medium of Instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan is English for Indian & other foreign students.
- The entire course of MBBS in Kazakhstan is in English, except when students have to interact with local patients in hospital.
- All the classes, test and exams (Whether in university or in hospital) during MBBS course are conducted in English only.
- Foreign students learn Kazakh/Russian language as a subject from the very beginning of course along with other medical subjects.
- By the time they reach 3rd year of MBBS, they become fluent in Kazakh/Russian and do not face any problems in interacting with patients in hospitals.
- Knowledge of Kazakh/Russian is necessary for foreigners because they need to use it for their daily activities outside university.
Duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan
The duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan is 5 years + 1 year internship which makes it 6 years.
- The 5 years MBBS course in Kazakhstan for Indian students is entirely in English medium.
- This 6 years duration includes MBBS course and internship which is required to work as a medical practitioner in Kazakhstan.
- The MBBS course duration in Kazakhstan is valid as per the new rules of NMC (For Indian students studying MBBS abroad).
Indian Students MBBS Classes in Kazakhstan
Indian students MBBS classes in Kazakhstan are conducted in such a way that they gain theoretical & practical knowledge simultaneously in a very efficient manner.
- Indian students MBBS classes in Kazakhstan comprise of just 12-15 students.
- A small class makes it comfortable for them to interact with teachers.
- The teachers who teach foreigners are highly skilled doctors, professors & Ph.D holders.
- These teachers are highly proficient & experienced in English.
- Students practice & learn on cadaver/dead-body (like in India), unlike some countries where dummies are used.
- During the first 2 years of MBBS in Kazakhstan, classes are more inclined towards theoretical subjects of medicine with little exposure to practical/clinical classes.
- From 3rd to 5th year, most of the time is spent in different hospitals where they interact with patients on regular basis.
- The 6th year is for internship only and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s recommended hospitals.
Hostel Facilities in Kazakhstan for Indian Students
The hostel facilities in Kazakhstan for Indian students are more or less the same in all government medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- Students are provided accommodation in university’s government hostel for the entire period of MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- In most places, it is compulsory for Indians to stay in hostel until they complete 1 year of their MBBS course.
- After 1 year of stay, they can choose to continue their stay in hostel or rent a flat/apartment, if they wish to.
- The hostels for foreigners in Kazakhstan are much superior and have better facilities than those for local residents.
- Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation in separate hostels or in separate blocks (If within same hostel).
- All hostels have CCTV surveillance & fire alarm safety systems installed for safety of international students.
- The entry/exit times from hostel premises are fixed and a security guard is present to monitor the visitors in hostel.
- All university hostels have a common reading hall, sports hall, kitchen and laundry on each floor for foreign students.
- All rooms have pre-installed radiators (heating system for winters) to keep the rooms warm during winter season.
- Study table & chair, lamps, bed, bed sheets, pillow & wardrobes are provided for each room by hostel administration.
- Students don’t have to pay for electricity & hot/cold water as these are included in hostel’s yearly fee.
- They have the option to choose between 2/3/4 seater rooms and can change later as well, by submitting an application.
- Indian mess facility is available in most hostels of Kazakhstan, where students can enjoy delicious Indian food prepared by Indian cooks.
- In most of the medical colleges of Kazakhstan, it is compulsory for Indians to have food from Indian mess only (For min. 1 year).
* All government universities have their own hostels for providing accommodation to foreign students.
* However, some colleges also provide an option of private hostels, due to non-availability of seats in government hostels.
* Private/semi-government universities have their own hostels as well for providing accommodation to foreigners.
Average Cost of Living in Kazakhstan
The average cost of living in Kazakhstan is USD 100 per month for Indian students while pursuing MBBS course is quite less than most of neighboring countries.
- The average monthly cost of living in Kazakhstan includes food expenses, travelling within city and miscellaneous expenses.
- This monthly cost does not include the Indian mess charges which is compulsory in some selected colleges of Kazakhstan.
- If the student decides to stay in flat/apartment (Other than university hostel), then the monthly costs would be higher.
- Above all, the average cost of living in Kazakhstan entirely depends on the student’s personal lifestyle & their personal capacity.
Payment of MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan
The payment of MBBS fees in Kazakhstan is commonly done through 2 methods which are given below :
- Firstly, Indian students can make payment of their fee directly from Indian bank to university’s bank account in Kazakhstan. However, this is only possible in those university’s which allow transfer of fees from India.
- Secondly, they can make payment of their MBBS fees in US Dollars after arrival in Kazakhstan. In this case, students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. This is the most widely adopted payment that is accepted by all Kazakhstan colleges.
- If any university allows alternate payment methods (Online Payment Gateway/Card Payment/Wallet Payment) to pay MBBS fees in Kazakhstan, then we will share full details of it.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan, which make it one of the most preferred abroad destinations for MBBS course are :
- No donation or entrance exam is required for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan.
- MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan (50% marks & NEET qualification) is just as required by NMC.
- All medical colleges of Kazakhstan are recognized by WHO & NMC, so the degree is valid globally.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazakhstan is very low starting from INR 14 Lacs only (For whole course).
- Duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan is 6 years (Including internship) as per NMC rules.
- Full course of MBBS is in full English medium for foreigners (Indian students especially).
- Global ranking of top medical universities of Kazakhstan is much better than the best ones of India.
- It is one of the best options for NEET qualified candidates, who fail to secure a MBBS seat in India.
- Small batches (With less than 15 students) to ensure they communicate frankly with their teachers.
- Affordable university hostels for foreigners with round the clock security & all basic & necessary amenities.
- A huge number of Indian students (More than 5,000) are currently studying MBBS in Kazakhstan.
* NMC has made it clear that a Common Exit Test i.e. NEXT (National Exit Test) will be conducted for all MBBS graduates.
* This test must be cleared by all Indians who complete MBBS from abroad or government/private college in India.
* This exam will serve 2 purposes i.e. qualifying exam to get license to practice medicine in India & also as entrance exam for PG admission.
Opportunities after MBBS from Kazakhstan
Indians who complete their MBBS from Kazakhstan have the same career options that students in India have after studying medicine from any government or private college.
- Students can appear in NEXT (National Exit Test)/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) in India, if they wish to practice in India.
- They can appear in PG exam of English speaking countries (USMLE/PLAB/NZREX), if they wish to do post-graduation/work in any of these countries.
- Indians who study MBBS in Kazakhstan can work as a registered doctor in Kazakhstan & several other neighboring countries (This is because they become registered doctors in Kazakhstan according to it’s rules).
- Apart from working/practicing in Kazakhstan, they can also pursue post-graduation in Kazakhstan from any medical university.
Medical Education in Kazakhstan
MBBS in Kazakhstan has become a very popular choice among Indian students who plan to study MBBS abroad since past few years. This is especially due to the extremely low & affordable fee offered to students. All medical colleges in Kazakhstan are recognized/approved by WHO and other international bodies (Including NMC) which makes the MBBS degree from Kazakhstan valid globally. Kazakhstan medical universities (Government & private) get immense funding from the government so as to maintain the highest standard of education. Indian students in Kazakhstan can choose to participate in various student exchange programs offered by universities and travel to other universities in Kazakhstan and neighboring countries as well. This gives them an opportunity to gain knowledge and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
The national language of Kazakhstan is Kazakh which is taught to all foreign/international students from the very beginning of course. However, most of the population knows Russian too, as the country was a part of USSR till 1991. The relations between Kazakhstan & India are extremely good with huge trade involved of petroleum, radioactive chemicals & silver. The trust that both countries have towards each other, has played a key role in the recent surge being witnessed in education field. The affordable MBBS fees for Indians in Kazakhstan with an easy eligibility criteria is all a result of flourishing relations between both countries.
Now that we have discussed most of the important aspects about MBBS in Kazakhstan, let us know a few things about the country. Kazakhstan is also known as the Republic of Kazakhstan and is a Central Asia country. It is the 9th largest country in whole world and was a part of USSR. Now it is one of the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries that was created after the disintegration of USSR in 1991. Kazakhstan is the most dominant country in this region and contributes 60% of this region’s GDP alone. It shares it’s borders with Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The total population of Kazakhstan is 18.5 million and ranks 64th in terms of population in whole world.
The capital city of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (2nd largest city) which is the new name of famous city of Astana. Till the year 1997, Almaty was the the capital city of Kazakhstan. The total area of country is 27,24,900 square kilometers and falls in 2 continents i.e. Europe and Asia both. It is one of the least densely populous countries in whole world. The climate of Kazakhstan is cold as compared to the neighboring countries. It witnesses mild to severe winters which are mostly dry. During summers, the temperatures can reach up to +40 degrees Celsius. Almost whole of the population of Kazakhstan speaks and understands Russian language too.
Why to take MBBS admission in Kazakhstan through “Pacific Educational Consultants” ?
Some of the most important benefits of choosing Pacific Educational Consultants are :
- Guaranteed Admission : Student gets admission in the same university where they desire without excuses of any sort.
- Genuine Charges : Our admission charges can be compared with others and you will still find ours better than them.
- Exact Fees Payment : Candidate only pays the exact 1st year fees that they are told in India and no additional charges.
- No Hidden Expenses : We guarantee that no candidate has to bear any surprise charges in India or after arrival in Kazakhstan.
- Pre-Departure Services (India) : Application, admission letter, fee structure certificate, documents apostille, documents translation, visa application, visa stamping, currency exchange, air ticket & departure guidance.
- Post-Arrival Services (Kazakhstan) : Receiving at airport, transport to hostel, visa extension, police registration, medical check-up, hostel allotment, medical check-up, medical insurance, contract signing & local city tour.
- Local Guardian (Kazakhstan) : Students can sometimes face some unexpected issues in their academic, financial or life as well. Our Indian representative is always available in Kazakhstan to guide them on the right path even during their toughest times.
* Eligible candidates, who are interested to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan, can book their seats online or by visiting our office.
Frequently Asked Questions about MBBS in Kazakhstan (In Brief)
What is the total MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indians ?
The total MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students ranges between INR 14 to 25 Lacs Indian Rupees for full course in English.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan for Indians is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & minimum 17 years age.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan ?
Eligible students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online or by visiting any of our offices.
Is MBBS degree from Kazakhstan recognized in India ?
As all Kazakhstan universities are recognized by WHO & NMC, MBBS degree from Kazakhstan is valid in India and other countries as well.
What is the medium of instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan ?
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan is English for Indian students during their entire course of medical education.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Kazakhstan ?
The duration of MBBS course in Kazakhstan (English medium) is 6 years (5 years course + 1 year internship).
How are MBBS classes for Indians conducted in Kazakhstan ?
Indian students MBBS classes in Kazakhstan comprise of 12-15 students. During initial 2 years, most of theoretical subjects are taught in university with little clinical exposure. From 3rd year onwards, students devote most of their time in hospitals for clinical classes.
What are the hostel facilities in Kazakhstan for Indians ?
All foreign students are provided accommodation in university’s government hostel. The hostels have CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety system, kitchens, laundry, reading hall and rooms with necessary furniture.
What is the average cost of living in Kazakhstan ?
The average cost of living in Kazakhstan is USD 100 per month (Assuming that the students prepare food in hostel kitchens & stay in university’s government hostel).
How to pay university/college MBBS fees in Kazakhstan ?
The MBBS fees in Kazakhstan can be paid in cash (In US Dollars) after arrival in Kazakhstan or can be transferred from Indian bank to Kazakhstan directly (In some selected universities only).
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan ?
The most important benefits are low MBBS fees in Kazakhstan, top ranking of medical universities, recognition by WHO & NMC, low cost of living and a huge community of Indians.
What are the opportunities after MBBS from Kazakhstan ?
Indians who complete MBBS from Kazakhstan can appear in NEXT/FMGE/NEET-PG in India, PG entrance exam of other English speaking countries, work as doctor in Kazakhstan or pursue PG further (In any specialty) in Kazakhstan itself.