MBBS in Russia : Fees, Admission, Eligibility
The total MBBS fees in Russia ranges from 16 Lacs to 27 Lacs Indian Rupees for full course in English medium for Indian students. The process of MBBS admission in Russia is straight forward and simple based on eligibility requirement set by NMC (National Medical Commission, India) and respective universities of Russia. The MBBS degree from Russia is recognized worldwide, as all below colleges are included in list of WHO (World Health Organization). The MBBS eligibility in Russia for Indians is 50% marks, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age. With so many universities & budget options available, Indians find the option of studying MBBS in Russia much better than several neighboring countries of Europe & Asia.
MBBS Fee Structure in Russia – 2022
The detailed MBBS fee structure in Russia for Indians can be checked/compared in the table given below. They can apply in below medical universities of Russia, provided they are eligible and do so before last date of application.
|Name of Medical University||1st Year Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel, Medical & One-Time Misc. Charges
|2nd-6th / Year Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel & Medical
|Total Course Fees
INCLUDES : Tuition, Hostel & Medical
|South Ural State Medical University||2,65,000 Rubles**||2,45,000 Rubles||14,90,000 Rubles / INR 16,39,000|
|Omsk State Medical University||2,87,000 Rubles**||2,43,000 Rubles||15,02,000 Rubles / INR 16,52,200|
|Izhevsk State Medical Academy||2,74,000 Rubles**||2,50,000 Rubles||15,24,000 Rubles / INR 16,76,400|
|Kamerovo State Medical University||2,90,030 Rubles**||2,50,200 Rubles||15,41,300 Rubles / INR 16,95,430|
|Chuvash State Medical University||2,76,000 Rubles**||2,59,000 Rubles||15,71,000 Rubles / INR 17,28,100|
|Pacific State Medical University||3,41,830 Rubles**||2,92,000 Rubles||18,01,830 Rubles / INR 19,82,013|
|Crimea Federal University||3,01,830 Rubles**||3,12,000 Rubles||18,61,830 Rubles / INR 20,48,013|
|Bashkir State Medical University||3,22,000 Rubles**||3,10,000 Rubles||18,72,000 Rubles / INR 20,59,200|
|Siberian State Medical University||3,40,600 Rubles**||3,33,400 Rubles||20,07,600 Rubles / INR 22,08,360|
|St. Petersburg State Medical University||4,06,330 Rubles**||3,45,000 Rubles||21,31,330 Rubles / INR 23,44,463|
|Voronezh State Medical University||4,25,000 Rubles**||4,04,000 Rubles||24,45,000 Rubles / INR 26,89,500|
|Samara State Medical University||4,62,930 Rubles**||4,23,100 Rubles||25,78,430 Rubles / INR 28,36,273|
|Kazan State Medical University||4,34,200 Rubles**||4,32,000 Rubles||25,94,200 Rubles / INR 28,53,620|
|Northern State Medical University||USD 6,250 / INR 4,68,750||USD 6,000 / INR 4,50,000||USD 36,200 / INR 27,18,750|
|Kursk State Medical University||USD 6,280 / INR 4,71,000||USD 6,200 / INR 4,65,000||USD 37,280 / INR 27,96,000|
* Yearly MBBS fees in Russia includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance.
* One-time misc. charges to be paid only in selected universities marked with “**” in 1st year.
* Indian mess facility available in some universities at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* MBBS fee structure in Russia is prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR & 1 Ruble = 1.10 INR.
MBBS Eligibility in Russia
MBBS eligibility in Russia for Indians is the same as specified by NMC (National Medical Commission) for studying MBBS abroad. The exact minimum MBBS eligibility requirement in Russia is as given below :
- 50% marks in PCB in 12th/Inter/Equivalent (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December 2022)
* This MBBS eligibility requirement in Russia applies to Indian students who wish to work/practice in India after completion of MBBS from Russia.
* Students from other countries (Except India) do not need NEET qualification for fulfilling MBBS eligibility requirement in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Russia
MBBS admission in Russia requires very less effort from candidate’s end. The step-by-step MBBS admission process in Russia for Indian students is outlined below :
- Student submits scans of 10th & 12th marksheets, NEET qualification & passport.
- We check them to confirm whether they fulfill the MBBS eligibility requirement in Russia.
- University issues confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the original marksheets & passport along with few other documents.
- University issues the invitation letter for study visa & entry to Russian Federation.
- We apply student’s documents in Russian embassy and collect his passport with study visa.
- We get the apostille/attestation of marksheets & certificates from MEA (New Delhi).
- We inform the student about their departure date and provide a list of items they should carry.
- We assist the students in currency exchange in New Delhi, if they wish to carry fees in US Dollars.
- We organize the departure of students in groups from from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Russia and guides them further.
- All post-arrival services i.e. transport to hostel, hostel allotment, medical checkup, visa extension, police registration, contract signing, etc. are fulfilled by our representative in Russia.
* Students can directly apply for MBBS admission in Russia online or by visiting any of our offices.
* Limited number of seats are available for MBBS admission in Russia in each university.
Recognition of MBBS Degree from Russia
The MBBS degree from Russia is recognized & valid in India as well as in other countries.
- The recognition of medical universities of Russia by WHO is published on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) website.
- NMC (National Medical Commission) recommends Indians to pursue MBBS course only from colleges listed on WDOMS.
- Russian medical universities award MD (Physician) degree to students on successful completion of MBBS education.
- This MD (Physician)/MBBS degree from Russia is equivalent to MBBS degree in India and is just another name for it.
- Thousands of Indians completed their MBBS from Russia in the past decades and are currently working in India.
Medium of Instruction of MBBS in Russia
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Russia is English for Indian & other foreign students.
- The entire course of MBBS in Russia is in English, except when students have to interact with local patients in hospital.
- All the classes, test and exams (Whether in university or in hospital) during MBBS course are conducted in English only.
- Foreign students learn Russian language as a subject from the very beginning of course along with other medical subjects.
- By the time they reach 3rd year of MBBS, they become fluent in Russian and do not face any problems in interacting with patients in hospitals.
- Knowledge of Russian is necessary for foreigners because they need to use it for their daily activities outside university.
Duration of MBBS in Russia
The duration of MBBS in Russia is 5 years 8 months which is often known as 6 years course by majority of people in general.
- The 6 years MBBS course in Russia for Indian students is entirely in English medium.
- This duration of course includes MBBS course and internship which is required to work as a medical practitioner in Russia.
- The MBBS course duration in Russia is valid as per the new rules of NMC (For Indian students studying MBBS abroad).
Indian Students MBBS Classes in Russia
Indian students MBBS classes in Russia are conducted in such a way that they gain theoretical & practical knowledge simultaneously in a very efficient manner.
- Indian students MBBS classes in Russia comprise of just 12-15 students.
- A small class makes it comfortable for them to interact with teachers.
- The teachers who teach foreigners are highly skilled doctors, professors & Ph.D holders.
- These teachers are highly proficient & experienced in English.
- Students practice & learn on cadaver/dead-body (like in India), unlike some countries where dummies are used.
- During the first 2 years of MBBS in Russia, classes are more inclined towards theoretical subjects of medicine.
- Starting from 3rd year of MBBS course, they begin their clinical classes in hospitals and start interacting with patients.
- From 3rd to 6th year, most of the time is spent in different hospitals where they interact with patients on regular basis.
Hostel Facilities in Russia for Indian Students
The hostel facilities in Russia for Indian students are more or less the same in all government medical universities of Russia.
- Students are provided accommodation in university’s government hostel for the entire period of MBBS in Russia.
- In most places, it is compulsory for Indians to stay in hostel until they complete 1 year of their MBBS course.
- After 1 year of stay, they can choose to continue their stay in hostel or rent a flat/apartment, if they wish to.
- The hostels for foreigners in Russia are much superior and have better facilities than those for local residents.
- Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation in separate hostels or in separate blocks (If within same hostel).
- All hostels have CCTV surveillance & fire alarm safety systems installed for safety of international students.
- The entry/exit times from hostel premises are fixed and a security guard is present to monitor the visitors in hostel.
- All university hostels have a common reading hall, sports hall, kitchen and laundry on each floor for foreign students.
- All rooms have pre-installed radiators (heating system for winters) to keep the rooms warm during winter season.
- Study table & chair, lamps, bed, bed sheets, pillow & wardrobes are provided for each room by hostel administration.
- Students don’t have to pay for electricity & hot/cold water as these are included in government hostel’s yearly fee.
- They have the option to choose between 2/3/4 seater rooms and can change later as well, by submitting an application.
- Indian mess facility is available in some hostels of Russia, where students can enjoy delicious Indian food prepared by Indian cooks.
- In some medical colleges of Russia, it is compulsory for Indians to have food from Indian mess only (For min. 1 year).
* All government universities have their own hostels for providing accommodation to foreign students.
* However, some colleges also provide an option of private hostels, due to non-availability of seats in government hostels.
Average Cost of Living in Russia
The average cost of living in Russia is USD 100 per month for Indian students while pursuing MBBS course is far less than most countries in Europe.
- The average monthly cost of living in Russia includes food expenses, travelling within city and miscellaneous expenses.
- This monthly cost does not include the Indian mess charges which is compulsory in some selected colleges of Russia.
- If the student decides to stay in flat/apartment (Other than university hostel), then the monthly costs would be higher.
- Above all, the average cost of living in Russia entirely depends on the student’s personal lifestyle & their personal capacity.
Payment of MBBS Fees in Russia
The payment of MBBS fees in Russia is commonly done through 2 methods which are given below :
- Firstly, Indian students can make payment of their fee directly from Indian bank to university’s bank account in Russia. However, this is only possible in those university’s which allow transfer of fees from India.
- Secondly, they can make payment of their MBBS fees in US Dollars after arrival in Russia. In this case, students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay after arrival in Russia. This is the most widely adopted payment that is accepted by all Russian colleges.
- If any university allows alternate payment methods (Online Payment Gateway/Card Payment/Wallet Payment) to pay MBBS fees in Russia, then we will share full details of it.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Russia
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Russia, which make it one of the most preferred abroad destinations for MBBS course are :
- No donation or entrance exam is required for MBBS admission in Russia.
- MBBS eligibility in Russia (50% marks & NEET qualification) is just as required by NMC.
- All medical colleges of Russia are recognized by WHO & NMC, so the degree is valid globally.
- The total MBBS fees in Russia is very low starting from INR 14 Lacs only (For whole course).
- Duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years (Including internship) as per NMC rules.
- Full course of MBBS is in full English medium for foreigners (Indian students especially).
- Global ranking of top medical universities of Russia is much better than the best ones of India.
- It is one of the best options for NEET qualified candidates, who fail to secure a MBBS seat in India.
- Small batches (With less than 15 students) to ensure they communicate frankly with their teachers.
- Affordable university hostels for foreigners with round the clock security & all basic & necessary amenities.
- A very huge number of Indian students (More than 20,000) are currently studying MBBS in Russia.
* NMC has made it clear that a Common Exit Test i.e. NEXT (National Exit Test) will be conducted for all MBBS graduates.
* This test must be cleared by all Indians who complete MBBS from abroad or government/private college in India.
* This exam will serve 2 purposes i.e. qualifying exam to get license to practice medicine in India & also as entrance exam for PG admission.
Opportunities after MBBS from Russia
Indians who complete their MBBS from Russia have the same career options that students in India have after studying medicine from any government or private college.
- Students can appear in NEXT (National Exit Test)/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) in India, if they wish to practice in India.
- They can appear in PG exam of English speaking countries (USMLE/PLAB/NZREX), if they wish to do post-graduation/work in any of these countries.
- Indians who study MBBS in Russia can work as a registered doctor in Russia & several other neighboring countries (This is because they become registered doctors in Russia according to it’s rules).
- Apart from working/practicing in Russia, they can also pursue post-graduation in Russia from any medical university.
Medical Education in Russia
MBBS in Russia is one of the best choices one can make when planning to study MBBS abroad. The MBBS course from Russia is approved/recognized by WHO & all other international bodies (Including NMC) which makes the MBBS degree from Russia valid in whole world. Russian medical universities receive immense funding from Russian government, so as to maintain a high standard of education. Indian students in Russia get the opportunity to participate in various exchange programs conducted by other renowned universities. Under these programs, they can travel to other neighboring countries and Europe to learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
The national language of Russia is Russian and it is most spoken language in country. Foreigners start learning Russian language from the very beginning of their medical education. The long term good relations between Russia & India have generated substantial trust between both the countries. This can be clearly seen in the attractive MBBS fees & simple MBBS eligibility requirement in Russia for Indians especially. Russia has proved to be one of the most consistent abroad destination for Indians. Since several decades continuously, it has been accepting thousands of Indians every year for pursuing medical education in Russia.
We have tried to cover every topic related to MBBS in Russia till now. Let’s know a little about the country as well. Russia was formerly known as USSR until 1991. It is the largest country in the world & has a coastline of more than 35,000 kms. running along the Pacific & Arctic oceans. Russia’s lakes contain approx. 1/4th of whole world’s liquid fresh water. The largest water body is Lake Baikal which is also the world’s oldest, deepest & purest fresh water lake. This lake alone contains more than 1/5th of world’s fresh surface water. Russia’s soil is a very rich source of natural resources like natural gas, petroleum, coal, minerals, ores & timber. Russia is such a vast country that it alone has 11 different times zones. It is the 11th largest economy in world based by nominal GDP & 6th largest by PPP.
Moscow (Moskva in Russian) is the capital city of Russian Federation. Some other major cities are St. Petersburg, Kazan, Novosibirsk, Kazan & Ekaterinburg. The country has more than 80 government universities that are recognized globally (Few of them are among top 100 universities in whole world). The climate of Russia has 2 major seasons i.e. summers & winters. Average temperature in summers ranges from +25 to +35 °C, while it is between -5 to -15°C during winters. The winters can often be extreme and temperature can dip down to -30 to -40°C as well (Especially in central & eastern regions). The extreme eastern part of Russia i.e. the Siberian region witnesses a temperature of up to -75°C during winters every year.
Why to take MBBS admission in Russia through “Pacific Educational Consultants” ?
Some of the most important benefits of choosing Pacific Educational Consultants are :
- Guaranteed Admission : Student gets admission in the same university where they desire without excuses of any sort.
- Genuine Charges : Our admission charges can be compared with others and you will still find ours better than them.
- Exact Fees Payment : Candidate only pays the exact 1st year fees that they are told in India and no additional charges.
- No Hidden Expenses : We guarantee that no candidate has to bear any surprise charges in India or after arrival in Russia.
- Pre-Departure Services (India) : Application, admission letter, fee structure certificate, documents apostille, documents translation, visa application, visa stamping, currency exchange, air ticket & departure guidance.
- Post-Arrival Services (Russia) : Receiving at airport, transport to hostel, visa extension, police registration, medical check-up, hostel allotment, medical check-up, medical insurance, contract signing & local city tour.
- Local Guardian (Russia) : Students can sometimes face some unexpected issues in their academic, financial or life as well. Our Indian representative is always available in Russia to guide them on the right path even during their toughest times.
* Eligible candidates, who are interested to apply for MBBS admission in Russia, can book their seats online or by visiting our office.
Frequently Asked Questions about MBBS in Russia (In Brief)
What is the total MBBS fees in Russia for Indians ?
The total MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students ranges between 16 to 27 Lacs Indian Rupees for full course in English.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Russia ?
The MBBS eligibility in Russia for Indians is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & minimum 17 years age.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Russia ?
Eligible students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online or by visiting any of our offices.
Is MBBS degree from Russia recognized in India ?
As all Russian universities are recognized by WHO & NMC, MBBS degree from Russia is valid in India and other countries as well.
What is the medium of instruction of MBBS in Russia ?
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Russia is English for Indian students during their entire course of medical education.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Russia ?
The duration of MBBS course in Russia (English medium) is 5 years 8 months which is often called as 6 years.
How are MBBS classes for Indians conducted in Russia ?
Indian students MBBS classes in Russia comprise of 12-15 students. During initial 2 years, most of theoretical subjects are taught in university. From 3rd year onwards, students devote most of their time in hospitals for clinical classes.
What are the hostel facilities in Russia for Indians ?
All foreign students are provided accommodation in university’s government hostel. The hostels have CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety system, kitchens, laundry, reading hall and rooms with necessary furniture.
What is the average cost of living in Russia ?
The average cost of living in Russia is USD 100 per month (Assuming that the students prepare food in hostel kitchens & stay in university’s government hostel).
How to pay university/college MBBS fees in Russia ?
The MBBS fees in Russia can be paid in cash (In US Dollars) after arrival in Russia or can be transferred from Indian bank to Russia directly (In some selected universities only).
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in Russia ?
The most important benefits are low MBBS fees in Russia, top ranking of medical universities, recognition by WHO & NMC, low cost of living and a very huge community of Indians.
What are the opportunities after MBBS from Russia ?
Indians who complete MBBS from Russia can appear in NEXT/FMGE/NEET-PG in India, PG entrance exam of other English speaking countries, work as doctor in Russia or pursue PG further (In any specialty) in Russian Federation itself.