MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
The number of Indian students who travel for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is more than most of neighboring countries. The MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan is solely on the basis of eligibility requirements set by NMC/MCI. The MBBS course in all government & private universities in Kyrgyzstan is taught in English medium.
At present, the eligibility for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students is 50% marks, NEET qualification & 17 years age. The MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan (MD Physician) is recognized globally, as all colleges & universities are approved & recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
Table of Contents
- Medium of Instruction
- Course Syllabus
- Classes/Exams & Grading
- Hostel Facilities
- Career Opportunities
Benefits of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
A huge number of Indians travel to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan as it offers a very low course fees and is located very close to India. Some of the most important and main benefits of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students are :
- No Donation : There is no donation amount needed to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, as they are direct & solely on the basis of eligibility.
- Global Recognition : All government & private medical universities in Kyrgyzstan are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
- Valid Degree : The MBBS degree in Kyrgyzstan is known by the name “MD Physician”, which is equivalent to “MBBS” degree in India.
- Easy Eligibility : The eligibility requirement for Indian students to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & 17 years of age.
- Direct Admission : Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online, as they only need to provide scans of required documents.
- Affordable Fees : Kyrgyzstan universities offer one of the lowest packages and the total MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan starts from INR 15 Lacs (Including tuition fees & hostel).
- Course Duration : The duration of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is 5 years + 1 year internship & it complies with NMC’s prescribed duration (54 months course + 12 months internship).
- Medium of Instruction : The entire course of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is in English medium for Indian students from the beginning till the end of course.
- Small Classes : Medical classes in Kyrgyzstan have 13-15 students, which helps students to communicate frankly with their teachers and clear their doubts.
- FMGE/NEXT Coaching : Most of the universities in Kyrgyzstan have few Indian teachers in medical faculty as well to help Indian students to prepare for their FMGE/NEXT exam in India.
- Huge Community of Indians : At present, Kyrgyzstan has the more than 5,000 Indian students, who are studying MBBS in different universities.
- Close to India : Kyrgyzstan is the closest destination to India for MBBS abroad. The flight from Delhi to Bishkek takes 2 hours 30 minutes.
MBBS Admission in Kyrgyzstan
Indian students can apply for direct admission to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan either online or by visiting any of our offices in India. They should apply before the last date of application as a limited number of seats are available for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in each university. The step-by-step process of MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students is outlined below :
- Students must submit scans of marksheets, NEET qualification & passport (Aadhar, if passport not ready).
- University issues an admission letter, confirming the student’s successful admission to MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- Till now, no online test has been made compulsory by university for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan.
- Students must submit original marksheets, valid passport, passport size photos photos & medical reports.
- University then issues the invitation letter in student’s name for study visa & entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- We apply all documents along with invitation letter in Kyrgyzstan embassy and collect passport with visa.
- We inform the students about their departure date and provide a list of items that they should carry.
- We assist students in currency exchange, if they wishes to pay fees in US Dollars after arrival in Kyrgyzstan.
- We organize the departure of students in groups from New Delhi to Kyrgyzstan (Up to the destination city).
- One of our representative meets the students at airport in Kyrgyzstan and assists them for all the further procedures.
MBBS Eligibility in Kyrgyzstan
The eligibility to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students is the same as specified by NMC (National Medical Commission) for studying MBBS abroad in other countries. The exact MBBS eligibility requirement in Kyrgyzstan is as given below :
- 50% Marks : The student must have minimum 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) in intermediate/12th standard/equivalent. This score should be minimum 40% marks, if the student is from reserved category (SC/ST/OBC).
- NEET Qualification : Indian students must be qualified in NEET exam in 2023/2022/2021 to be eligible to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. As per the current rules of NMC, only NEET qualified students will be allowed to appear in the NEXT/FMGE in India after completion of MBBS from Kyrgyzstan.
- Minimum Age : Student must complete full 17 years age by 31st December of the current year i.e. the year in which he/she is applying for admission to MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Degree from Kyrgyzstan
The MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan is recognized by WHO & NMC, which makes it completely valid in India as well other countries of the world.
- The recognition of medical universities of Kyrgyzstan by WHO is published on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) website.
- As NMC (National Medical Commission) no more publishes any list on it’s website, it recommends students to pursue MBBS only from universities listed on WDOMS.
- All Kyrgyzstan medical universities award MD (Physician) degree to students on successful completion of MBBS education.
- This MD (Physician) degree from Kyrgyzstan is equivalent to MBBS degree in India, as they are just different names of the same degree according to each country’s naming convention.
- Thousands of Indians have completed their MBBS degrees from Kyrgyzstan in the past few decades, who are now working in government & private hospitals in India & abroad.
MBBS Duration in Kyrgyzstan
The duration of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is 5 years course + 1 year internship for Indian students, which fully complies with all the rules and guidelines of NMC.
- Entire MBBS course of 5 years in Kyrgyzstan is taught in English medium to Indian students (Including classes, lectures, tests & exams).
- The 1 year internship after completion of course, is necessary to register/work as a doctor in Kyrgyzstan, India or any other country.
- The duration of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan fully abides by the new rules set by NMC/MCI in (Nov’2021) for Indian students to study MBBS abroad.
- As per new rules of NMC, MBBS from any abroad country should have duration of 54 month (4.5 years) course + 12 months (1 year) internship.
Medium of Instruction in Kyrgyzstan
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is English for Indian students & other foreigners too, who wish to study in English medium.
- The entire course of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is taught in English, except when the students have to interact with local Kyrgyz patients in hospitals.
- All classes, lectures, test and exams (Whether in university or in hospital) are conducted in English during the entire medical course.
- Foreign students learn Kyrgyz language as a subject from the very beginning of course along with other MBBS subjects.
- By the time they reach 3rd year of their MBBS course, they become fluent in Kyrgyz and do not face any problems in interacting with patients in hospitals too.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is necessary for all foreigners who plan to spend few years in Kyrgyzstan (Whether study or any other purpose). This is because they need to speak in Kyrgyz only, when outside university for their daily activities.
MBBS Syllabus in Kyrgyzstan
The MBBS course syllabus in Kyrgyzstan is same across all medical universities for Indian students. It covers all the subjects that are taught in Indian colleges as well. The year wise theoretical & clinical subjects taught during MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are :
- 1st-2nd Year : Mostly theoretical subjects are covered during the the first 2 years of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for international students. These subjects majorly include Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry & Microbiology.
- 3rd Year : This is year is considered to be be the most tough as it covers several theoretical subjects along with regular visits to hospitals for clinical classes as well. The main subjects taught are Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Pathological-Anatomy & Surgery.
- 4th-5th Year : The focus shifts towards clinical classes from the 4th year of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Students mostly attend classes in hospitals only and have very few of them in university. The subjects covered during these years are Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, ENT, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Oncology, Urology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases & Medical Laws.
- 6th Year : This last year is entirely for internship and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s hospitals located in same city.
Classes/Exams & Grading in Kyrgyzstan
Indian students’ classes for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are conducted in such a way that they gain theoretical & practical knowledge simultaneously in a very efficient manner.
- Indians classes in MBBS classes in Kyrgyzstan have 15-20 students, which is an ideal teacher to student ratio for easy learning.
- Classes with less students allows each of them to directly interact with teachers without any hesitation, making it look more like a group discussion.
- Highly qualified teachers & professors are appointed to train foreign/international students, who are also very proficient in teaching in English language.
- Students learn and practice on cadaver/dead-body from the 1st year itself (like in India), unlike some other countries where dummies are used.
- The grading/marking system is based on numbers ranging from 2 to 5, where 5 means excellent & 2 means fail. Students must score min 3 (Meaning average), in order to pass a test/exam.
- During the first 2 years of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, more emphasis is given on theoretical subjects. Students attend most of the classes in university campus during these years.
- In the 3rd year of MBBS course, students have few subjects’ classes left to attend in university. This is because they start attending clinical classes in hospitals, where start interact with patients as well.
- From 4th to 5th year, they attend classes in various hospitals (Depending on subject specialty) located in the city. The classes are inclined towards practical/clinical learning as students interact with local patients on a regular basis.
- The 6th year is for internship only and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s recommended hospitals.
- At the end of course, all students must pass a final government licensing exam, after which they are awarded MBBS/MD (Physician) degrees.
Hostel Facilities in Kyrgyzstan
The hostel facilities in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students are more or less the same in all medical universities of Kyrgyzstan. In most cases, foreign students are provided accommodation in one of the university’s government hostels. However, in some cases students have to stay in a private hostels or rent a flat/apartment by their own, until a room is available in government hostels.
- All Indian students are provided accommodation in university’s hostels for the entire period of their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- It is compulsory to stay in university’s hostel for at least 1 year as new students don’t have knowledge of Kyrgyz language for communicating with locals.
- After 1 year, they can still continue to stay in university’s hostel or rent a flat/apartment with some of their friends, if they wish to leave university hostel.
- Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation in separate hostels or in completely separate blocks/wings of the same hostel.
- All university & private hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance (At all important places in hostels) & fire alarm (In all rooms as well) safety systems for the safety of international students.
- The entry & exit times from hostel premises are 6:00 AM & 08:00 PM respectively. A security guard is always present to monitor the students & locals visiting the hostel.
- Each hostel floor has a common kitchen where Indian students can prepare food by their own. A reading hall, sports hall & laundry is available in each hostel, whether government or private.
- All rooms are equipped with furniture & beddings (study table & chair, lamps, bed, bed sheets, pillow & wardrobes). Students can get the furniture repaired by hostel administration (If damaged) and exchange the beddings every week. To keep the rooms warm during peak winters, each room is equipped with radiators (heating system for winters) as well.
- Foreign students don’t have to pay anything additional for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas. All these charges are included in the government/private hostel’s fee in Kyrgyzstan. However, these charges have to be paid additionally based on usage, when one stays in an apartment.
- Indian students can choose to between 2/3/4 seater rooms according to availability. They can change rooms later as well, by simply submitting an application to the hostel administration.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Kyrgyzstan (Compulsory for all 1st year Indian students). The monthly mess charges are USD 100-120, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- From 2nd year onwards, Indians can continue to have food from Indian mess (On a paid basis) or prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
Career after MBBS from Kyrgyzstan
Indian students who complete their MBBS from Kyrgyzstan have the same career options, that students in India have after completing MBBS from any government or private medical college.
- Students can appear in NEXT (National Exit Test)/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam or MCI Screening Test) in India, if they wish to practice as a registered doctor in India.
- They can appear in PG exam of English speaking countries (USMLE/PLAB/NZREX/GAMSAT/MCAT), if they wish to do post-graduation or work in any of those countries..
- Indian students can work as a registered doctor in Kyrgyzstan & several neighboring countries after completing their medical course. This opportunity is only for those Indian students, who complete their MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan, as they become fluent in Kyrgyz as well.
- Apart from working as doctors, these Indian MBBS graduates can continue further PG (Any Specialty) in Kyrgyzstan. As post-graduation involves clinical/practical classes, it is taught in Kyrgyz medium only. Thus, only those Indians who complete MBBS from Kyrgyzstan can take PG admission in Kyrgyzstan universities without language course training.
About Medical Education in Kyrgyzstan
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is one of the most popular destinations among Indian students to study MBBS abroad. The main reason being the extremely low & affordable MBBS fees for foreign students. All universities are recognized/approved by WHO and other international bodies (Including NMC) that makes the MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan valid globally. The government and private medical colleges receive sufficient funding from government to maintain the best standards of education.
Studying MBBS from Kyrgyzstan is an excellent opportunity for Indian students to learn about the new advancements in medical field. Kyrgyz is the national & most spoken language in Kyrgyzstan. It is taught as a subject to international students from the beginning of their MBBS course. However, most of the local population knows & understands Russian language also, as the country was a part of USSR before it’s disintegration in 1991.
Kyrgyzstan medical universities witnessed a sudden & very steep rise in number of Indian students when English medium course was introduced for foreigners. An affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan, easy eligibility criteria and close location to India make it a perfect destination for Indians to pursue MBBS course. Indians in Kyrgyzstan can travel to neighboring countries under the student exchange programs offered by medical universities as well.
Having covered all important topics related to MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, lets move forward to knowing a little about the country as well. Kyrgyzstan is officially known as the Kyrgyz Republic and is a Central Asian country. It is located between Kazakhstan, China, Uzbekistan & Tajikistan. It was formed in 1991 with the fall of Soviet Empire (USSR). Today, it is one of the 11 countries which are now known as CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries. Kyrgyzstan is a unique country that is farthest from sea individually & more than 3/4th of it’s area is covered by mountain regions and the remaining covered with beautiful valleys & basins.
Kyrgyzstan is very rich in various deposits of metals including gold & some very rare earth metals found elsewhere in the world. Bishkek is the capital of Kyrgyz Republic and is located in the northern region of country very close to border of Kazakhstan. It is the largest and most populated city in country with a population of over 10 Lac currently. Other important cities are Osh, Jalalabad & Karakol. The famous Lake Issyk-Kul (Largest lake in Kyrgyzstan) is located in the eastern region of country and is very popular major tourist attraction.
The climate of Kyrgyzstan is continental with the northern part of country witnessing most snowfall. The average winter temperature ranges between 0 to -15 degrees Celsius while summers are warm & pleasant but can sometimes be harsh. The temperature can sometimes reach up to +40 degrees too, especially in the southern cities of Kyrgyzstan. Indian students who completed their education from Kyrgyzstan, now acknowledge that it was one the best times of their life.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are : No donation, WHO recognized, government/private universities, valid degree, easy eligibility, direct online admission, very low fees, course duration as per NMC, English medium, close location to India & a huge community of Indian students.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan by sending their relevant documents (Scans of 12th marksheet, NEET qualification result & passport) online to us or by visiting any of our offices in India with prior appointment.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyzstan ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students is 50% marks in PCB in 12th (40% for reserved category), NEET qualification (In current or any of the past 2 years) & minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December of current year).
Is MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan recognized & valid ?
Yes. Kyrgyzstan universities are recognized by WHO and listed on WDOMS too. Hence, MBBS degree from such universities is recognized globally. However, Indian students must also clear FMGE exam after returning to India, if they wish to work in India.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan in English medium is 5 years + 1 year of additional internship. This duration includes full medical course, clinical/practical classes & internship
What is the medium of instruction in Kyrgyzstan ?
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students is English for the entire 5 years course. However, students also interact with local patients in hospitals in Kyrgyz language during clinical classes & 1 year internship.
What is the MBBS course syllabus in Kyrgyzstan ?
The MBBS course syllabus in Kyrgyzstan is entirely similar to that in India (or any other country) and covers all the mandatory medial subjects thoroughly.
How are MBBS classes conducted in Kyrgyzstan ?
The MBBS classes in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students are conducted in small groups of less than 15 students. Students attend most of their classes in university during the first 2 years. But from 3rd year onwards, they visit hospitals for most of their clinical/practical classes.
What are the hostel facilities in Kyrgyzstan for Indians ?
Indian students in Kyrgyzstan are provided accommodation in one of the government hostels owned by university. Each room is equipped with furniture, beddings & radiators. Students do not have to pay separately for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas.
What are career opportunities after MBBS from Kyrgyzstan ?
The career opportunities for Indian students after MBBS from Kyrgyzstan are to : work in India (After clearing FMGE/NExT) as a doctor, pursue PG in India/English speaking countries (USA/Canada/UK/Australia/NZ), working in Kyrgyzstan as a doctor (Without any exam) or pursue PG in Kyrgyzstan (In any specialty) as well.