MBBS in Uzbekistan
In the past 2 years, MBBS in Uzbekistan has gained a lot of popularity among Indian students due to it’s low fees & high standards of education. The MBBS admission in Uzbekistan is done on the basis of eligibility rules set by NMC/MCI. The MBBS course in all government/private universities of Uzbekistan is taught in complete English medium.
As of now, the eligibility for MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indians is 50% marks, NEET qualification & 17 years age. The MBBS degree from Uzbekistan (MD Physician) is recognized globally, as all colleges & universities are approved & recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
Table of Contents
- Medium of Instruction
- Course Syllabus
- Classes/Exams & Grading
- Hostel Facilities
- Career Opportunities
Benefits of MBBS in Uzbekistan
A lot of Indian students are choosing to study MBBS in Uzbekistan due to it’s extremely low fees and close location to India. Some of the most important and main benefits of MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian students are :
- No Donation : There is no donation amount needed to study MBBS in Uzbekistan, as they are direct & solely on the basis of eligibility.
- Global Recognition : All government & private medical universities in Uzbekistan are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
- Valid Degree : The MBBS degree in Uzbekistan is known by the name “MD Physician” and it is equivalent to “MBBS” degree in India.
- Easy Eligibility : The eligibility requirement for Indian students to study MBBS in Uzbekistan is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & 17 years of age.
- Direct Admission : Students can apply for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan online, as they only need to provide scans of required documents.
- Affordable Fees : Uzbekistan universities offer one of the lowest packages and the total MBBS fees in Uzbekistan starts from INR 15 Lacs (Including tuition fees & hostel).
- Course Duration : The duration of MBBS in Uzbekistan is 6 years & it complies with NMC’s prescribed duration (54 months course + 12 months internship).
- Medium of Instruction : The entire course of MBBS in Uzbekistan is in English medium for Indian students from the beginning till the end of course.
- Small Classes : Medical classes in Uzbekistan have 13-15 students, which helps students to communicate frankly with their teachers and clear their doubts.
- Close to India : Uzbekistan is located very close to the India and flight from Delhi to Tashkent takes just 2 hours 50 minutes.
MBBS Admission in Uzbekistan
Indian students can apply for direct admission to MBBS in Uzbekistan either online or by visiting any of our offices in India. They should apply before the last date of application as a limited number of seats are available for MBBS in Uzbekistan in each university. The step-by-step process of MBBS admission in Uzbekistan for Indian students is outlined below :
- Students must submit scans of marksheets, NEET qualification & passport (Aadhar, if passport not ready).
- University issues an admission letter, confirming the student’s successful admission to MBBS in Uzbekistan.
- Students then appear in an online test, which is compulsory for students to get MBBS admission in Uzbekistan.
- Students must submit original marksheets, valid passport, passport size photos photos & medical reports.
- University then issues the invitation letter in student’s name for study visa & entry to Uzbekistan.
- We apply all documents along with invitation letter in Uzbekistan embassy and collect passport with visa.
- We inform the students about their departure date and provide a list of items that they should carry.
- We assist students in currency exchange, if they wishes to pay fees in US Dollars after arrival in Uzbekistan.
- We organize the departure of students in groups from New Delhi to Uzbekistan (Up to the destination city).
- One of our representative meets the students at airport in Uzbekistan and assists them for all the further procedures.
MBBS Eligibility in Uzbekistan
The eligibility to study MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian students is the same as specified by NMC (National Medical Commission) for studying MBBS abroad in other countries. The exact MBBS eligibility requirement in Uzbekistan is as given below :
- 50% Marks : The student must have minimum 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) in intermediate/12th standard/equivalent. This score should be minimum 40% marks, if the student is from reserved category (SC/ST/OBC).
- NEET Qualification : Indian students must be qualified in NEET exam in 2023/2022/2021 to be eligible to study MBBS in Uzbekistan. As per the current rules of NMC, only NEET qualified students will be allowed to appear in the NEXT/FMGE in India after completion of MBBS from Uzbekistan.
- Minimum Age : Student must complete full 17 years age by 31st December of the current year i.e. the year in which he/she is applying for admission to MBBS in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Degree from Uzbekistan
The MBBS degree from Uzbekistan is recognized by WHO & NMC, which makes it completely valid in India as well other countries of the world.
- The recognition of medical universities of Uzbekistan by WHO is published on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) website.
- As NMC (National Medical Commission) no more publishes any list on it’s website, it recommends students to pursue MBBS only from universities listed on WDOMS.
- All Uzbekistan medical universities award MD (Physician) degree to students on successful completion of MBBS education.
- This MD (Physician) degree from Uzbekistan is equivalent to MBBS degree in India, as they are just different names of the same degree according to each country’s naming convention.
- Thousands of Indians have completed their MBBS degrees from Uzbekistan in the past few decades, who are now working in government & private hospitals in India & abroad.
MBBS Duration in Uzbekistan
The duration of MBBS in Uzbekistan is 5 years + 1 year internship, which is often generalized & understood as 6 years by majority of people in India.
- Entire MBBS course of 6 years in Uzbekistan is taught in English medium to Indian students (Including classes, lectures, tests & exams).
- It includes the full MBBS course and internship, which are necessary to work as a doctor in Uzbekistan, India or any other country.
- The duration of MBBS in Uzbekistan fully abides by the new rules set by NMC/MCI in (Nov’2021) for Indian students to study MBBS abroad.
- As per new rules of NMC, MBBS from any abroad country should have duration of 54 month (4.5 years) course + 12 months (1 year) internship.
Medium of Instruction in Uzbekistan
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Uzbekistan is English for Indian students & other foreigners too, who wish to study in English medium.
- The entire course of MBBS in Uzbekistan is taught in English, except when the students have to interact with local Uzbek patients in hospitals.
- All classes, lectures, test and exams (Whether in university or in hospital) are conducted in English during the entire medical course.
- Foreign students learn Uzbek language as a subject from the very beginning of course along with other MBBS subjects.
- By the time they reach 3rd year of their MBBS course, they become fluent in Uzbek and do not face any problems in interacting with patients in hospitals too.
- Knowledge of Uzbek is necessary for all foreigners who plan to spend few years in Uzbekistan (Whether study or any other purpose). This is because they need to speak in Uzbek only, when outside university for their daily activities.
MBBS Syllabus in Uzbekistan
The MBBS course syllabus in Uzbekistan is same across all medical universities for Indian students. It covers all the subjects that are taught in Indian colleges as well. The year wise theoretical & clinical subjects taught during MBBS in Uzbekistan are :
- 1st-2nd Year : Mostly theoretical subjects are covered during the the first 2 years of MBBS in Uzbekistan for international students. These subjects majorly include Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry & Microbiology.
- 3rd Year : This is year is considered to be be the most tough as it covers several theoretical subjects along with regular visits to hospitals for clinical classes as well. The main subjects taught are Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Pathological-Anatomy & Surgery.
- 4th-5th Year : The focus shifts towards clinical classes from the 4th year of MBBS in Uzbekistan. Students mostly attend classes in hospitals only and have very few of them in university. The subjects covered during these years are Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, ENT, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Oncology, Urology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases & Medical Laws.
- 6th Year : This last year is entirely for internship and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s hospitals located in same city.
Classes/Exams & Grading in Uzbekistan
Indian students’ classes for MBBS in Uzbekistan are conducted in such a way that they gain theoretical & practical knowledge simultaneously in a very efficient manner.
- Indians classes in MBBS classes in Uzbekistan have 15-20 students, which is an ideal teacher to student ratio for easy learning.
- Classes with less students allows each of them to directly interact with teachers without any hesitation, making it look more like a group discussion.
- Highly qualified teachers & professors are appointed to train foreign/international students, who are also very proficient in teaching in English language.
- Students learn and practice on cadaver/dead-body from the 1st year itself (like in India), unlike some other countries where dummies are used.
- The grading/marking system is based on numbers ranging from 2 to 5, where 5 means excellent & 2 means fail. Students must score min 3 (Meaning average), in order to pass a test/exam.
- During the first 2 years of MBBS in Uzbekistan, more emphasis is given on theoretical subjects. Students attend most of the classes in university campus during these years.
- In the 3rd year of MBBS course, students have few subjects’ classes left to attend in university. This is because they start attending clinical classes in hospitals, where start interact with patients as well.
- From 4th to 5th year, they attend classes in various hospitals (Depending on subject specialty) located in the city. The classes are inclined towards practical/clinical learning as students interact with local patients on a regular basis.
- The 6th year is for internship only and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s recommended hospitals.
Hostel Facilities in Uzbekistan
The hostel facilities in Uzbekistan for Indian students are more or less the same in all medical universities of Uzbekistan. In most cases, foreign students are provided accommodation in one of the university’s government hostels. However, in some cases students have to stay in a private hostels or rent a flat/apartment by their own, until a room is available in government hostels.
- All Indian students are provided accommodation in university’s hostels for the entire period of their MBBS in Uzbekistan.
- It is compulsory to stay in university’s hostel for at least 1 year as new students don’t have knowledge of Uzbek language for communicating with locals.
- After 1 year, they can still continue to stay in university’s hostel or rent a flat/apartment with some of their friends, if they wish to leave university hostel.
- Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation in separate hostels or in completely separate blocks/wings of the same hostel.
- All university & private hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance (At all important places in hostels) & fire alarm (In all rooms as well) safety systems for the safety of international students.
- The entry & exit times from hostel premises are 6:00 AM & 08:00 PM respectively. A security guard is always present to monitor the students & locals visiting the hostel.
- Each hostel floor has a common kitchen where Indian students can prepare food by their own. A reading hall, sports hall & laundry is available in each hostel, whether government or private.
- All rooms are equipped with furniture & beddings (study table & chair, lamps, bed, bed sheets, pillow & wardrobes). Students can get the furniture repaired by hostel administration (If damaged) and exchange the beddings every week. To keep the rooms warm during peak winters, each room is equipped with radiators (heating system for winters) as well.
- Foreign students don’t have to pay anything additional for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas. All these charges are included in the government/private hostel’s fee in Uzbekistan. However, these charges have to be paid additionally based on usage, when one stays in an apartment.
- Indian students can choose to between 2/3/4 seater rooms according to availability. They can change rooms later as well, by simply submitting an application to the hostel administration.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Uzbekistan (Compulsory for all 1st year Indian students). The monthly mess charges are USD 100-120, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- From 2nd year onwards, Indians can continue to have food from Indian mess (On a paid basis) or prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
Career after MBBS from Uzbekistan
Indian students who complete their MBBS from Uzbekistan have the same career options, that students in India have after completing MBBS from any government or private medical college.
- Students can appear in NEXT (National Exit Test)/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam or MCI Screening Test) in India, if they wish to practice as a registered doctor in India.
- They can appear in PG exam of English speaking countries (USMLE/PLAB/NZREX/GAMSAT/MCAT), if they wish to do post-graduation or work in any of those countries..
- Indian students can work as a registered doctor in Uzbekistan & several neighboring countries after completing their medical course. This opportunity is only for those Indian students, who complete their MBBS degree from Uzbekistan, as they become fluent in Uzbek as well.
- Apart from working as doctors, these Indian MBBS graduates can continue further PG (Any Specialty) in Uzbekistan. As post-graduation involves clinical/practical classes, it is taught in Uzbek medium only. Thus, only those Indians who complete MBBS from Uzbekistan can take PG admission in Uzbekistan universities without language course training.
About Medical Education in Uzbekistan
MBBS in Uzbekistan is one of the best choices one can make while choosing to pursue his/her career in studying MBBS abroad. The MBBS fees in Uzbekistan is one of the lowest among all Asian & European countries. All medical universities here are recognized by WHO, which makes the MBBS degree valid globally. A very low MBBS fee, globally recognized degree combined with an easy eligibility criteria makes Uzbekistan a very popular destination to pursue medical education for Indians.
Uzbekistan medical universities (government & private) receive immense support and funding from government, in order to maintain highest standards of education. Indian students in Uzbekistan get the opportunity to participate in various student exchange programs offered by distant medical universities and can even travel there. Under these programs, they can travel to other countries of Europe and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
The national language of Uzbekistan is Uzbek and it is taught to all foreign/international students free of cost. However, most of the Uzbek people easily speak and understand speak Russian language. Few of them also speak and understand English language. The relations between India & Uzbekistan are quite good. This plays a significant role for students to decide about their decision of studying abroad in Uzbekistan.
Having known enough about MBBS in Uzbekistan, lets throw some light on the country of Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan is a country in central Asia and is surrounded by 5 countries viz. Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Afghanistan. It is also known as the Republic of Uzbekistan. The country was formerly a part of Soviet Union i.e. USSR and was declared independent in 1991.
The capital of Uzbekistan is Tashkent which is located very close the borders of 3 countries viz. Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan & Tajikistan. Majority of people in Uzbekistan are followers of Islam religion, while Christianity being the 2nd most popular religion among people. Uzbek is the most spoken language here and more than 85% of the population comprises of Uzbeks. Uzbekistan is a member of CIS, UN & SCO as well. It has the largest population among all central Asian countries.
Due to it’s gigantic power generation facilities & ample gas supply since the Soviet era, the country still remains to the largest producer of electricity in Central Asia as of today. Uzbekistan is also a major producer and exporter of cotton to whole world. The climate of Uzbekistan is warm in summers (35-40 degrees Celsius) with mild to extreme winters with temperatures below freezing level. In the past decade, there has been a huge increase in the number of Indian students who chose to study MBBS in Uzbekistan.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in Uzbekistan ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Uzbekistan are : No donation, WHO recognized, government/private universities, valid degree, easy eligibility, direct online admission, low fees, course duration as per NMC, English medium, close location to India & a good number of Indian students.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan by sending their relevant documents (Scans of 12th marksheet, NEET qualification result & passport) online to us or by visiting any of our offices in India with prior appointment.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Uzbekistan ?
The MBBS eligibility in Uzbekistan for Indian students is 50% marks in PCB in 12th (40% for reserved category), NEET qualification (In current or any of the past 2 years) & minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December of current year).
Is MBBS degree from Uzbekistan recognized & valid ?
Yes. Uzbekistan universities are recognized by WHO and listed on WDOMS too. Hence, MBBS degree from such universities is recognized globally. However, Indian students must also clear FMGE exam after returning to India, if they wish to work in India.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Uzbekistan ?
The duration of MBBS course in Uzbekistan in English medium is 5 years and 1 year for additional internship. This total 6 years duration includes full medical course, clinical/practical classes & internship.
What is the medium of instruction in Uzbekistan ?
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian students is English for the entire 5 years course. However, students also interact with local patients in hospitals in Uzbek language during clinical classes & 1 year internship.
What is the MBBS course syllabus in Uzbekistan ?
The MBBS course syllabus in Uzbekistan is entirely similar to that in India (or any other country) and covers all the mandatory medial subjects thoroughly.
How are MBBS classes conducted in Uzbekistan ?
The MBBS classes in Uzbekistan for Indian students are conducted in small groups of less than 15 students. Students attend most of their classes in university during the first 2 years. But from 3rd year onwards, they visit hospitals for most of their clinical/practical classes.
What are the hostel facilities in Uzbekistan for Indians ?
Indian students in Uzbekistan are provided accommodation in one of the government hostels owned by university. Each room is equipped with furniture, beddings & radiators. Students do not have to pay separately for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas.
What are career opportunities after MBBS from Uzbekistan ?
The career opportunities for Indian students after MBBS from Uzbekistan are to : work in India (After clearing FMGE/NExT) as a doctor, pursue PG in India/English speaking countries (USA/Canada/UK/Australia/NZ), working in Uzbekistan as a doctor (Without any exam) or pursue PG in Uzbekistan (In any specialty) as well.