Medical Universities in Russia
There are more than 60 medical universities in Russia that provide medical education to foreign students. However, few selected ones that receive the most number of Indian students. These are those medical universities of Russia, that offer full medical course in English medium to foreign students. All medical universities universities in Russia are run by the government and none of them is private. They are also recognized by WHO and their medical degree is valid across whole world.
Indian students find the option to study MBBS in Russia more reliable than other countries due to the excellent relations between both countries. Other than that, the wide range of MBBS fees in Russia allows students to choose an affordable university (that suits their budget) or a top ranked one too. Currently, more than 20,000 Indian students are pursuing medical education in various medical universities of Russia.
Some of the popular medical universities of Russia that most Indian students choose are given below. Students can check the detailed information about each university (fees, eligibility, admission, recognition, faculties, classes, hostels, city & much more) by simply clicking on it’s name or image.
Best Medical Universities in Russia for Indian Students
The best medical universities in Russia for Indian students based on medical education standards, English speaking faculty, affordable fees, hostel accommodation, ease of travel, clinical exposure and various other factors are :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
Government/Private Russian Medical Universities
All medical universities in Russia are run solely by the government of Russian Federation. They function under the strict supervision of Ministry of Education & Health of Russia. These ministries ensure that the education standards (For both Russian & foreign students) are maintained & infrastructure demands of each university are met on time.
At present, there are more than 60 government medical universities in Russia that provide medical education to foreigner students. But, limited number of universities have experienced (English speaking) teaching faculty to train Indian students. Hence, most Indians apply for admission in these selected & renowned Russian medical universities, while most others receive very less admissions comparatively.
Ranking of Russian Medical Universities
The rankings of the Russian medical universities according to some renowned ranking portals are shown in the below table. These are not final and are regularly updated from time to time.
|Name of Medical University||Estb.||UniRank (Russia)||Webometrics (Russia)|
|Omsk State Medical University||1920||203||200|
|Izhevsk State Medical Academy||1933||304||444|
|South Ural State Medical University||1944||225||–|
|Chuvash State Medical Academy||1967||111||–|
|Crimea Federal University||1918||–||–|
|Bashkir State Medical University||1932||84||120|
|Siberian State Medical University||1888||134||67|
|Kazan State Medical University||1814||136||111|
|Far Eastern Federal University||1899||30||27|
|Kazan Federal University||1804||11||11|
|Northern State Medical University||1932||–||121|
|Kursk State Medical University||1935||201||154|
Choosing a Medical University in Russia
With so many popular medical universities in Russia, it often becomes very difficult for Indian students to choose one of them so easily. A simple step-by-step approach (that has indeed helped a lot of students in past), which we suggest to all students is as below :
- First & foremost, students should decide the total budget that they can afford for whole medical education. This should include the total tuition fee, hostel, medical insurance, other charges & misc. expenses.
- Secondly, they should shortlist medical universities in Russia that fall in their budget. However, ranking should not be the sole criteria for finalizing a university, as many other important factors (Teaching Faculties, English Medium, Hostels, Indian Mess, Location, Climate) also play a very important role in popularity of a university.
- Thirdly, they should discuss with a consultant, the plans that they have made for themselves. Because, consultants can provide more details about Russia medical universities and might help in getting a better one in same budget.
- Fourthly, students should also plan personal expenses viz. monthly living expenses, self cooking/Indian mess, travelling & others. This would help them to have a rough estimate of the minimum amount that they would spend during entire course.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Which are the best medical universities in Russia for Indians ?
The best medical universities in Russia for Indian students are Izhevsk, Crimea, Bashkir, Siberian & Kazan State Medical University.
Which are government & private Russian medical universities ?
All Russian medical universities are run solely by the government and there are no private medical universities.
Is ranking of medical universities in Russia better than India ?
Yes. The ranking of medical universities of Russia (Where Indians are currently studying) is far better than any Indian medical university/college.
How to choose a suitable medical university in Russia easily ?
Students should first analyze their budget for course, check ranking of Russian universities that fall in their budget, discuss with a consultant about it and finally decide a suitable one accordingly.