Medical Colleges in Russia
There are several popular medical colleges in Russia that receive a very huge number of Indian students every year. Many other medical universities in Russia have recently launched the English medium medical course. All of these are government medical colleges of Russia with none being private. The recognition & medical degree validity is same, whether it is done from any government medical university in Russia.
Russia is one of the most chosen destination by Indians and has excellent relations with India. The journey time from New Delhi to Moscow is approx. 6 hours 30 minutes. The medical colleges in Russia are very popular among Indians due to their affordable fees & an easy admission process. Currently, more than 20,000 Indian students are pursuing medical education in various government medical universities of Russia.
Medical Universities in Russia – 2022
Students can check the detailed information of fees, eligibility, admission procedure, recognition, faculties, hostels, city, etc. about any medical university of Russia by clicking on it’s name or image below :
Recognition of Medical Colleges in Russia
All medical colleges in Russia are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & NMC (National Medical Commission).
- Students can visit the WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal to confirm whether the medical college where they plan to take MBBS admission in Russia is listed in it.
- As NMC no more publishes any list of colleges/universities for any country, WDOMS is the only portal where students should check for recognition of any medical institution abroad.
- As per the current rules of NMC, the medical degree from Russia will be considered valid, if the student completes minimum 5.5 years of medical education including 1 year internship in Russia.
Government Medical Colleges in Russia
All medical colleges in Russia are run by government of Russian Federation. All medical universities are established by government & function under their supervision. The Ministry of Education & Health of Russia has very strict norms in ensuring the quality of education & infrastructure for all colleges.
At present, there are more than 80 medical colleges in Russia that provide medical education in English to foreigners. As the country has a very low population, these government medical universities alone in Russia are sufficient to provide healthcare & education to it’s whole population.
Course Duration in Medical Universities in Russia
The course duration in medical universities in Russia is 6 years including internship program as well. This course duration has remained same since decades and has never been changed unlike many neighboring countries. This course duration consists of pre-clinical, para-clinical & clinical classes. The degree given to Indian students from medical colleges in Russia is MD (Physician). It is equivalent to MBBS degree that is awarded by Indian medical colleges.
In 2021, NMC made an important addition to the eligibility criteria for Indians who wish to study MBBS abroad. It clearly states that all Indians must study for at least 5.5 years including internship in that country. The medical colleges of Russia had to make no changes to their curriculum as the 6 years course already complies with the current NMC guidelines.
Medium of Instruction in Medical Colleges in Russia
The medium of instruction in medical colleges in Russia is English for Indian students. All the classes, tests and exams are conducted in English by native Russian teachers. These teachers & professors have vast experience in teaching foreign students. Other than this, several Indian teachers have also been appointed in especially to train Indian students.
The clinical part of classes is the one in which students interact with local patients in hospitals. All medical universities in Russia provide compulsory Russian language classes from the very beginning of course. Students have to appear in test and exams of language on a regular basis. By the time they reach 4th semester, they are able to fluently communicate with local patients and report to their doctors in English.
Classes, Exams & Grading in Medical Universities of Russia
The classes in all medical universities of Russia are conducted in small groups of 15-20 students. The teachers are able to pay attention to each of them individually. This also helps in creating a frank atmosphere for Indians where even the weak ones find it easy to ask their doubts. The final exams of all medical subjects in medical colleges of Russia are conducted in semester or year end only. During the remaining time of year, tests of various subjects are conducted on a regular basis (Including Russian language).
The grading system is based on numbers from 1 to 5. A grade of 5 means excellent & grade of 2 means fail. Other scores i.e. 3 means pass while 4 means good. Foreign students must clear all tests & exams by scoring a minimum grade of 3, else they are considered fail. At the end of 6th year, they have to pass a final government licensing exam. Students are finally awarded MBBS/MD (Physician) degrees after they clear this licensing exam.
Choosing the Best Medical College in Russia
With so many popular medical colleges in Russia to choose from, it often becomes very difficult for students one of them. A basic approach which we suggest is to simply decide the total budget that one can afford. This should include the total tuition fee, hostel accommodation & other misc. expenses for whole MBBS course in Russia. It should also include your living expenses (According to lifestyle), travelling expenses and other expenses. After this, one should shortlist the colleges/universities that fall in that budget.
We always try to offer students the best medical universities in Russia based on their needs and spending capacity as well. Other than budget, many other important factors also play an important role in finalizing a college like it’s ranking, infrastructure, facilities, location, number of Indian students, Indian mess, etc. These factors come in play when either the budget is decided or when the candidate does not have major budget issues and wants the best only.
English Medium Course in Medical Universities of Russia
The English medium course was started initially in some medical colleges of Russia after 2000. At that time, the only popular destinations for studying abroad other than Russia was China. Within just a few years, the country saw a huge rise in number of Indian students who wanted to study in medical universities of Russia. The main reasons of which were an extremely low fees, location close to India & WHO recognized medical colleges.
By 2010, several batches of Indian students had already passed out from Russia. These Indians had cleared their MCI Screening Test (FMGE) in India and were working as registered medical practitioners here. This further paved the way for establishment of some more private medical colleges in Russia. And these private medical universities in Russia were easily recognized by NMC & WHO. Hence, Indian students should not have anything to worry about their decision to pursue MBBS from Russia.
Benefits of Studying in Medical Colleges of Russia
Russia is one of the most chosen destinations by Indian students for studying MBBS abroad. Medical education in Russia has seen an upwards trend ever since it started English medium course for foreign students. Some of the most important benefits of studying from a medical university of Russia are :
- Extremely low MBBS fees in Russia that is easily affordable by most Indian families.
- Top ranked medical universities that hold very high ranking in whole of Asia and world too.
- Being WHO/NMC recognized & approved means that the medical degree is valid in India & globally.
- All government/private medical colleges of Russia function under the Ministry of Health of Russia.
- Students have the option to make payment of fees online directly from Indian bank to Russia.
- Medical seats are easily available due to huge number of medical universities in Russia.
- FMGE/NEXT training classes are provided in all Russia medical universities especially for Indians.
- Extensive use of modern/digital technology in classroom teaching & practical/clinical classes in hospitals.
- The education, infrastructure & lifestyle in Russia cities is far better, superior & affordable than those in India.
- Indian mess facility is available in all medical colleges of Russia and can be availed on a paid basis.
- Indian students have the opportunity to participate in exchange programs offered by university to learn new skills.
Comparison of Medical Colleges in Russia & India
At present, there are more than 80 WHO & NMC recognized medical colleges in Russia. This is a golden opportunity for Indian students to get confirmed medical seat in Russia. At present, India has very less medical seats in comparison to it’s population. This is due to few government medical colleges, a very high fees in private colleges & a very tough competition. The number of Indian students who choose to study MBBS in Russia is increasing at a very rapid rate every year.
In the last 30 years, thousands of Indian students completed their course from top medical universities of Russia. These Indians are now successfully practicing in India and other parts of the world. Russia is one of the first choices of Indian students who qualify NEET exam, but either fail to get a government medical college seat or don’t have enough budget to afford private medical colleges in India.
This year in 2022, around 18 Lacs students appeared in NEET examination in India. But unfortunately, there are only 90,000 MBBS seats available for these students. Out of these, approx. 45,000 seats are in government medical colleges which offer medical course at a very nominal fee. The remaining 45,000 seats belong to private medical colleges of India which charge nothing less than 1 Crore for MBBS course.
Indian Students from Russia in FMGE/NEXT
Some of the most important facts that all Indian students should know after graduating from any medical university of Russia are :
- Indian students have to appear in FMGE/NEXT after completing their medical education from Russia.
- This test is conducted in online mode & they must secure minimum 50% marks in this exam to qualify it.
- This examination is conducted in June & December every year.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts for clearing this exam.
- Once they pass this exam, they have to undergo 1 year compulsory internship in India.
- After which, the government provides permanent registration to work as a medical practitioner in India.
- Doctors can then practice in government/private hospitals or establish their their own clinics.
- Doctors can also choose to appear for NEET-PG in India or any other English speaking country’s PG exam too.
Why to apply in medical colleges of Russia through “Pacific Educational Consultants” ?
Some of the most important benefits of choosing Pacific Educational Consultants are :
- Guaranteed Admission : Student gets admission in the same university where they desire without excuses of any sort.
- Genuine Charges : Our admission charges can be compared with others and you will still find ours better than them.
- Exact Fees Payment : Candidate only pays the exact 1st year fees that they are told in India and no additional charges.
- No Hidden Expenses : We guarantee that no candidate has to bear any surprise charges in India or after arrival in Russia.
- Pre-Departure Services (India) : Application, admission letter, fee structure certificate, documents apostille, documents translation, visa application, visa stamping, currency exchange, air ticket & departure guidance.
- Post-Arrival Services (Russia) : Receiving at airport, transport to hostel, visa extension, police registration, medical check-up, hostel allotment, medical check-up, medical insurance, contract signing & local city tour.
- Local Guardian (Russia) : Students can sometimes face some unexpected issues in their academic, financial or life as well. Our Indian representative is always available in Russia to guide them on the right path even during their toughest times.
* Eligible candidates, who are interested to apply in any of the medical colleges in Russia, can book their seats online or by visiting our office.
Frequently Asked Questions about Medical Colleges in Russia (In Brief)
Are medical colleges in Russia recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. All medical colleges in Russia are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & NMC (National Medical Commission).
How many government medical colleges are in Russia ?
At present, there are more than 80 medical colleges in Russia that provide medical education in English to foreigners.
What is the course duration in medical universities in Russia ?
The course duration in medical universities in Russia is 6 years including internship program as well.
What is the medium of instruction in medical colleges in Russia ?
The medium of instruction in medical colleges in Russia is English for Indian students.
How are classes & exams conducted in medical universities of Russia ?
The classes in all medical universities of Russia are conducted in small groups of 15-20 students. The final exams of all medical subjects in medical colleges of Russia are conducted in semester or year end only.
How to choose the best medical college in Russia ?
A basic approach which we suggest is to to simply decide the total budget that one can afford. After this, one should shortlist the colleges/universities that fall in that budget.
How is the English medium course in medical universities of Russia ?
The English medium course was started initially in some medical colleges of Russia after 2000. By 2010, several batches of Indian students had already passed out from Russia. Hence, Indian students should not have anything to worry about their decision to pursue MBBS from Russia.
What are the benefits of studying in medical colleges of Russia ?
Some of the most important benefits of studying in medical colleges of Russia are extremely low fees, top ranked universities, WHO & NMC recognition, easy availability of medical seats, FMGE/NEXT coaching classes and Indian mess facility.
How to do a comparison of medical colleges in Russia & India ?
At present, there are more than 80 WHO & NMC recognized medical universities in Russia. This is a golden opportunity for Indian students to get confirmed medical seat in Russia. India at present has very less medical seats in comparison to it’s population. This is due to few government medical colleges, a very high fees in private colleges & a very tough competition.
Can Indian students from Russia appear in FMGE/NEXT ?
Ofcourse. Indian students after graduating from Russia can appear in FMGE/NEXT in either June or December. They must score min. 50% marks to qualify and get permanent registration in India. There is no limit to the number of attempts and it is a qualifying exam.