Omsk State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University was established in 1920 and is located in Omsk, which is the capital of Omsk province situated in central region of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Omsk State Medical University is INR 16.52 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. This total amount includes tuition fee, hostel & medical insurance too. The process of MBBS admission in Omsk is straight forward & simple which can be completed online. The MBBS eligibility in Omsk State Medical University is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
OSMU (Omsk) offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All interested & eligible students from India must apply before the last date of admissions. At present, Omsk State Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in Omsk State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Omsk State Medical University is 16.52 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India. The detailed MBBS fees in Omsk for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : 2,87,000 Rubles / INR 3,15,700
- 2nd-6th/Year : 2,43,000 Rubles / INR 2,67,300
- Total Fees : 15,02,000 Rubles / INR 16,52,200
* Yearly MBBS fees in Omsk State Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* One-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration) to be paid in 1st year.
* Indian mess facility available in Omsk State Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 Ruble = 1.10 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Omsk State Medical University ?
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Omsk State Medical University through a simple admission procedure as given below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Russian Embassy (New Delhi) for visa.
- We assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Russia.
- One of our representatives receives students at airport in Russia.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Omsk State Medical University.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Omsk online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Omsk State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Omsk State Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Omsk is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Omsk.
* Students are also required to qualify an online test conducted by Omsk State Medical University.
What is the ranking of Omsk State Medical University ?
Omsk State Medical University ranks among top 25 higher education medical institutions of Russia (According to surveys done my major online ranking platforms). It is a perfect destination for foreigners with all benefits of a government university and an English medium course. Apart from these factors, Omsk is a very peaceful city to stay as well with an affordable lifestyle. All these make it a one of the affordable and most chosen medical universities of Russia by Indian students.
OSMU, Omsk was established in 1920 and is a 102 years old medical university of Russia. The university has developed a lot in field of medical education ever since it was established. This helped it to move ahead and keep parity with other renowned medical institutions. It is one of the best medical colleges of Russia for Indians due to it’s strong medical background & modern teaching methods. The university currently has more than 200 Indian students studying course of medicine in English medium.
Is Omsk State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Omsk State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Omsk can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Omsk State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO.
The documents required for MBBS in Omsk State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Omsk State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Omsk for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English for Indians. It has been approx. 3 years now, when the MBBS course in English was started here. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their FMGE/NExT after MBBS from Omsk.
Faculties in OSMU (Omsk)
The faculties at Omsk State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Dentistry Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The university provides training in above fields at graduate & post-graduate levels. The faculty of general medicine is the most chosen faculty by Indians & receives most number of applications every year for MBBS admission in Omsk.
Hostel Facilities in OSMU (Omsk)
Most of the hostels for Indian students in Omsk State Medical University are located within the main university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- To accommodate the increasing number of Indian students, many new hostels have been built by university as well.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Omsk.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostels of Omsk State Med. University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can prepare food themselves as well in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Cricket Tournaments) and cultural events are organized by Omsk State Med. University for Indian students.
Benefits of MBBS from Omsk State Medical University
Some useful points which might help students to decide about studying MBBS in Omsk State Medical University are :
- OSMU (Omsk) ranks among the top 25-30 medical education institutions in whole of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Omsk is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 102 years old medical university of Russia, Omsk witnesses a fair number of admissions from India.
- Due to the low MBBS fees in Omsk & good hostel facilities, it is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in Russia.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 3 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at OSMU is highly skilled & experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Omsk is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Omsk State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
About Omsk State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University ranks in top 20 higher education medical universities of Russia of the Russia according to renowned online ranking firms. It has been 3 years now, when the MBBS course in English medium was started here. The university has more than 5,500 students who are studying in different faculties & more than 350 teachers are engaged in training these students across 59 departments.
Having started the medical course recently, Omsk State Medical University still has gained immense popularity among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Russia. It functions under the Ministry of Health, Science & Higher Education of the Russia. It offers courses in field of medicine, pediatrics, dentistry, pharmacy & preventive medicine at graduate & post-graduate levels.
The university is now a part of those leading universities of Russian Federation that provide English medium MBBS course in Russia for students from other countries. Omsk State Medical University actively contributes in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine as well.
Omsk is the administrative capital of Omsk province of the Russian Federation. It is situated in the central region of Russia and south-western region of Siberia. Omsk is the 2nd largest city of Siberian region (Novosibirsk being the largest) and 9th largest city of Russia. The city has a population of approx. 10 Lacs & is an industrial center for fuel & petrochemical industry, defense production & food industry.
Omsk International Airport is located 5 kms. south of the city center and students from India reach Omsk directly (via Moscow) without having to travel by road or railway. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. are easily available for transport within the city. Some of the major tourist attractions in city are Omsk Drama Theatre, Cathedral of Virgin Mary, Lyuba Statue, Love Statue, Batushky Mansion and many more.
Omsk is home to more than 18 higher education institutions and Omsk State Medical University is one of them. Most of the Indian students who travel here have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Omsk. The city witnesses humid continental climate with huge swings in weather. The summers are moderate (Ranging from +25 to +38 degrees Celsius) while the winters can be extreme at times (Ranging from 0 to -30 degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :