Semey Medical University
Semey Medical University was established in 1953 and is located in the city of Semey, which lies in the eastern region of Kazakhstan and close to Russian border. The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is INR 17.47 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. It includes tuition fee, hostel, medical & misc. charges as well. The MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University is 50% marks & NEET qualification. The process of MBBS admission in Semey is simple & straight forward which can be completed online in a few steps.
SMU (Semey) offers a low & affordable MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All eligible & interested students from India should apply before last date of admissions. Currently, Semey Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in Semey Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is 17.47 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India & other countries. The detailed MBBS fees in Semey for 2022 (September Session) is as shown below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,100 / INR 4,57,500
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,300 / INR 3,22,500
- Total Fees : USD 23,300 / INR 17,47,500
* Yearly MBBS fees in Semey Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in Semey Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Semey Medical University ?
Indians can apply for MBBS admission in Semey Medical University through an simple step-by-step admission procedure as outlined below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET result.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter.
- University issues an invitation letter for study visa of student.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Kazakhstan Embassy (Delhi) for visa stamping.
- We assist students in currency exchange & air ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Semey Medical University.
* Eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Semey online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Semey is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Semey.
What is the ranking of Semey Medical University ?
Semey Medical University ranks on 6th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all government medical universities of Kazakhstan. The university is one of the oldest that started MBBS course in English for international students. Today, it has become one of the most popular destination for Indian students, especially due to it’s affordable budget & high ranking.
SMU (Semey) was established in 1953 & is now a 69 years old government medical college of Kazakhstan. Ever since it was established, the university has remained in the list of top 10 universities. It is a perfect example of classical medical university that focuses solely in field of medical education & research. Currently, it has more than 700 Indian students who are studying MBBS course in English medium.
Is Semey Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Semey Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in SMU (Kazakhstan) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Semey Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
The documents required for MBBS in Semey Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Semey Medical University for Indian students is 5 years + 1 year internship. The duration of course here also was 5 years till 2021, which included the internship too. But after the NMC – 2021 update, the university now provides 5 years MBBS course, after which Indian students have to undergo 1 year additional internship in Kazakhstan as well.
The medium of instruction in Semey for all Indians students is English. The classes, tests and exams are conducted in English for Indian students. Other than the highly qualified Kazakh teachers & professors, there are few Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are appointed especially to teach and prepare Indian students for FMGE/NExT exam after completion of MBBS from Semey.
Faculties in SMU (Semey)
The faculties at Semey Medical University that are active & provide training to Kazakh & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Medico-Preventive Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Most of the Indian students who apply for MBBS admission in Semey Medical University choose to faculty of general medicine only. It is the most active & busiest faculty among all with maximum staff engaged in it’s management.
Hostel Facilities in SMU (Semey)
Most of the hostels in Semey Medical University for Indian students are located within or near the main university campus. An overview of the hostel facilities is provided below :
- Located within & near the main university campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Several new hostels have also been built by university, so as to provide accommodation the increasing number of Indians.
- Indians generally have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 2nd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have beds, bed-sheets, study tables & chairs, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Semey.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can rent a flat/apartment (if they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of SMU (Semey) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with great enthusiasm and joy in hostels.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events by Semey Medical University for Indian students.
Benefits of MBBS from Semey Medical University
Some useful facts that make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Semey Medical University are as mentioned below :
- SMU (Semey) ranks on 6th position among all government medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Semey is valid in whole world.
- Being a 69 years old medical university, Semey Medical University witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The university has been teaching Indian students in English medium MBBS course for more than 8 years now.
- A very affordable MBBS fees in Semey makes it a very favorable destination for Indian students in Kazakhstan.
- The faculty of medicine at SMU is highly experienced in teaching Indian students medical course in English medium.
- The duration of MBBS in Semey is 5 years + 1 year internship, similar to that of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample clinical/practical exposure, while interacting with local patients in hospitals after 2nd year of course.
- The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium course.
- MBBS admission in Semey Medical University is simple can be completed online in few steps with minimal documentation.
- The MBBS eligibility in Semey is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter/Equivalent & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels, so students don’t have to waste time in preparing food.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh/Russian.
About Semey Medical University
Semey Medical University ranks on 6th position among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. This superior ranking combined with an affordable course fees make it an ideal choice for students from India & neighboring countries for MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has approx. 4,000 students studying in different faculties & more than 1,500 teachers are engaged in training these students.
The university offers courses in field of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy at under-graduate, post graduate & doctors levels. Other than providing quality education, Semey Medical University also actively contributes to research and scientific activities. It functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
SMU (Semey) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan, that receives a very good number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. It is classical medical university that focuses solely on field of medical education & development. To encourage learning among students, the has several student exchange programs with universities of Russia, European & CIS countries for the benefit of students.
Semey (Earlier known as Semipalatinsk) is located along Irtysh river in the easternmost part of country. The city lies very close to the border of Russia and is in the Kazakhstan part of Siberian region. Semey is situated on the Turkestan-Siberian track and is very well connected with nearby metro cities viz. Almaty, Barnaul & Novosibirsk. The city is an important international transport junction and has lot of highways that connect it with neighboring countries.
Semey has an international airport as well as a river port. The city is has ancient and a very rich history which is clearly reflected in the architecture and monuments of city. Being more of a business and transport hub, Semey does not not have many medical universities. This makes Semey Medical University of utmost importance and the center of attraction for all medical aspirants.
Semey is a peaceful and beautiful city that is ideal for education. Most of the students from India, who travel to Semey have the sole purpose of studying MBBS in Semey Medical University. The cost of living in city is also quite low and public transport is easily available for travelling to any corner of city. The city witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +35 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -20 Degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :