Semey Medical University
Semey Medical University was established in 1953 and is situated in Semey, which lies in the eastern region of Kazakhstan. The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is INR 21.63 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2024 session. It offers a very low MBBS fees in Kazakhstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Semey Medical University can be completed online by submitting documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Semey is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the NMC’s guidelines.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Semey medical University in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Semey Medical University
Semey Medical University is a government medical institution and functions under the regulations of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. It is classical medical university that focuses solely in field of medical education & it’s development. SMU (Semey) is one of those universities that took the initiative to introduce English medium course in Kazakhstan for foreign students. The university is quite popular among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Semey Medical University are it’s low fees, top ranking, a huge number of students and a low cost of living.
Semey Medical University ranks on 6th position (According to online ranking portals) among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. It offers courses at under-graduate & post-graduate levels in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy & related fields. Overall, there are 4,000+ students (Local Kazakh & foreigners) in university and 300+ teachers are engaged in training them across different departments. At present, there are more than 500 Indian students studying MBBS in Semey Medical University in English medium. SMU actively contributes to research and scientific activities in medical field and has various student exchange programs with renowned universities of Europe.
MBBS Fees in Semey Medical University – 2024
The MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is INR 21.63 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Semey for 2024 session is given below :
|Semey Medical University
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kazakhstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kazakhstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Admission in Semey Medical University
All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Semey online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. The step-by-step process to apply for MBBS admission in Semey Medical University for Indian students is as below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- Semey Medical University issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Semey Medical University issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Semey Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Semey and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Semey Medical University
Semey Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Semey Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Semey can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Semey Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Semey Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- Semey Medical University ranks among on 6th position higher medical education institutions in whole of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Semey is valid in whole world.
- Being a 70 years old university of Kazakhstan, Semey Medical University witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- Semey Med. University has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 10 years.
- More than 500 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from Semey Medical University.
- The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Semey of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Semey Medical University is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Semey is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Semey is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kazakh.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Semey Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Semey Medical University is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kazakhstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kazakhstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Semey Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Semey Medical University offers courses in field of medicine at under-graduate & post-graduate levels. The faculty of general medicine is the most popular among all faculties and has huge number of students from India. Other than medical, language/preparatory faculty is also available for students who wish to study in local language (Kazakh). The faculties at Semey Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Medico-Preventive Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Semey Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Semey, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Semey Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Many new hostels have also been built by university recently to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Semey.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Semey Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Semey Medical University for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Semey Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Semey, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from Semey have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Semey (Earlier known as Semipalatinsk) is located along Irtysh river in the eastern most part of country. The city lies very close to the border of Russia and is in the Kazakh part of Siberian region. Semey is situated on the Turkestan-Siberian track and is very well connected with nearby metro cities viz. Almaty, Barnaul & Novosibirsk. The city is an important international transport junction and has lot of highways that connect it with neighboring countries.
Semey has an international airport as well as a river port. The city is has ancient and a very rich history which is clearly reflected in the architecture and monuments of city. Being more of a business and transport hub, Semey does not not have many medical universities which makes Semey Med. University of utmost importance and the main center of medical education.
Semey is a peaceful and beautiful city that is ideal for education. Most of the students from India, who travel here have the sole purpose of studying MBBS in Semey Medical University. The cost of living in city is also quite low and public transport is easily available for travelling to any corner of city. The city witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +35 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -20 Degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Semey Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Semey Medical University is INR 21.63 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Semey Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Semey medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Semey Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Semey Medical University requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kazakhstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Semey Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is Semey Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Semey Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Semey Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Semey Medical University are it’s low fees, good ranking, low cost of living & a huge number of Indian students.