Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University was established in 1878 and is located in Tomsk, which is the capital of Tomsk province of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is INR 22.56 Lacs for Indian students in 2023 session. This total amount includes tuition fee, hostel & medical insurance too. The process of MBBS admission in Siberian is simple & done online with minimal documentation. The MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
SSMU (Tomsk) is one the top ranked universities that offers a low MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All eligible & interested students from India should apply before last date of admissions. At present, the Siberian State Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2023 session.
What is the MBBS Fees in Siberian State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is 22.56 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India. The detailed MBBS fees in Siberian for 2023 session is given below :
|Siberian State Medical University (SSMU)||1st Year Fee (Rubles/Indian Rupees)||2nd-6th/Year Fee (Rubles/Indian Rupees)|
|Tuition Fees||3,22,400 Rubles / INR 3,54,640||3,22,400 Rubles / INR 3,54,640|
|Hostel Fees||13,000 Rubles / INR 14,300||13,000 Rubles / INR 14,300|
|Medical Checkup & Insurance, Dactyloscopy, Visa Extension, Documentation & Misc. Charges||16,100 Rubles / INR 17,710||4,500 Rubles / INR 4,950|
|TOTAL FEES||3,51,500 Rubles / INR 3,86,650||3,39,900 Rubles / INR 3,73,890|
* Indian mess facility (Optional) available at additional USD 100-120/month.
* OTC (One time charges) for registration & admission to be paid additionally in 1st year.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University through a very simple admission procedure as below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Russian Embassy (New Delhi) for visa.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Russia.
- One of our representatives receives students at airport in Russia.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in Siberian State Medical University.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Siberian online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University (Tomsk) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Siberian is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in Siberian.
* Students are also required to qualify an online test conducted by Siberian State Medical University.
What is the ranking of Siberian State Medical University ?
Siberian State Medical University ranks on 5th place among all medical universities in Russia according to survey done by major online ranking platforms. It’s ranking within Russia is a proof that it is one of the best higher education institutions for foreign students to study medicine in English medium. With the rapidly increasing number of admissions every year from India, it has become one the top medical universities of Russia chosen by Indian students as well for medical education.
SSMU (Tomsk, Russia) was established in 1878 & is a 144 years old medical university with a strong history & medical background. Since 1992, when it acquired the status of a university, it has always been in the list of best medical colleges of Russia. The university has excellent & modern infrastructure, uses the latest technology for teaching & makes full utilization of digital teaching methods. At present, Siberian State Medical University has more than 200 Indian students pursuing medical education in English medium.
Is Siberian State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Siberian can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Siberian State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO.
The documents required for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in Siberian State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Siberian State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English for Indians. It has been approx. 6 years now, when the MBBS course in English medium was introduced here. All relevant medical books by Indian writers are available in university’s library. Those help Indian students to be prepared for their FMGE/NExT after MBBS from Siberian.
Faculties in SSMU (Tomsk)
The faculties in Siberian State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharma Faculty
- Biology & Behavioral Medicine Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The university offers courses in fields of medicine, dentistry, behavioral medicine at graduate & post-graduate levels. Most of the Indians who apply for MBBS admission in Siberian choose to study in faculty of general medicine.
Hostel Facilities in SSMU (Tomsk)
Most of the hostels for Indian students in Siberian State Medical University are located within the main university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in Siberian.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Siberian State Med. University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & from 2nd year they can prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Siberian State Med. University for students.
Benefits of MBBS from Siberian State Medical University
Some very useful facts in short which might help students to decide about studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University are :
- SSMU (Tomsk) ranks on 5th place among all medical universities in Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from Siberian is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 144 years old medical university, SSMU (Tomsk) witnesses ample number of admissions.
- Due to the low MBBS fees in Siberian & top ranking, it is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in Russia.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 6 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at Siberian is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is very less than most other universities that offer English medium medical course..
- MBBS admission in Siberian can be easily completed online & has an easily achievable eligibility requirement for Indians.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
About Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University ranks on 5th position among all medical universities in Russia (According to survey done by renowned online ranking firms). The medical course in English for foreign students was introduced 6 years ago at university. Since then, there has been a gradual increase every year in the number of Indian students who took admission in Tomsk to study MBBS in Russia.
The university currently has more than 5,200 students studying in different faculties and 450 teachers, professors and doctors are engaged in training these students. The university functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia. It is a classical medical university offering courses in field of medicine, pharmacy & dentistry at undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels.
SSMU (Tomsk) is one of the oldest & most reputed medical university of the Russian Federation. Hence, it is one of the first choices of Indian students who are looking for a top ranked government university for MBBS in English medium in Russia. The university is one of the major contributors among all universities in the field of research & scientific activities .
Tomsk is situated on the bank of River Tom and in the Siberian (Eastern) part of Russian Federation. It is the administrative capital of the Tomsk state of Russia. The city is famous for it’s wood architecture & till date most of the buildings resemble the architectural pattern of late 1990’s. Being the most important city in region of Siberia, Tomsk has excellent connectivity by air, road & rail to Moscow & other important cities.
Bogashevo airport is located approx. 20 kms. south-east from the city center. Students from India directly reach Tomsk via Moscow and don’t have to travel by train or bus. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. are always available for transport within the city. Some of the major attractions in Tomsk are Human Puppet Theatre, Mountain of Happiness, Voskresenskaya Mountain, Chekhov Monument, Novosobornaya Square, Siberian Botanical Garden & many more.
Tomsk is the most important educational, scientific & research center in whole of Siberian region. There are several other renowned government & private universities as well. Most of the Indian students visit Tomsk with the sole motive of studying MBBS in Siberian. The city has humid continental climate with pleasant summers (Ranging from +15 to +30 degree Celsius) and moderate to severe winters (Ranging from 0 to -30 degree Celsius).