Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University was established in 1878 (145 years old) and is located in the city of Tomsk in central Russia. The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is 21,79,480 Rupees for 2024 session. SSMU offers a quite affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Siberian online by submitting the necessary documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Siberian is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University in whole year i.e. September session.
The MBBS course in Siberian State Medical University in English medium was started approx. 8 years ago. It is the most important university of whole Siberian region & also ranks among top 5 medical universities in Russia. Some of the reasons why one should choose Siberian for MBBS in Russia are it’s top ranking, excellent campus, superior education & a huge community of Indian students.
- University Type : Government
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 5 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 5,000+
- Indian Students : 500+
- Education Level : Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Doctoral
- Departments : Medical, Dentistry, Pharma, Biology & Behavioral Medicine
MBBS Fees in Siberian State Medical University – 2024
The MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is 21,79,480 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Siberian in 2024 session is given below :
|Siberian State Medical University
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy
|Total Fees (Rupees)
* Indian mess available at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Siberian State Medical University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- SSMU (Tomsk) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Tomsk and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Siberian State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in SSMU (Tomsk) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Siberian State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- SSMU (Tomsk) ranks on 5th place among all higher education medical institutions in the whole Russia.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Siberian is valid in whole world.
- Being a 145 years old university of Russia, Siberian witnesses a very huge number of admissions from India.
- SSMU (Tomsk) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to foreign students since more than a decade now.
- Hundreds of Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from SSMU (Tomsk).
- The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is quite low for a medical university that is located in Tomsk.
- The MBBS eligibility in Siberian of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in SSMU (Tomsk) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Siberian has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Siberian State Medical University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Siberian State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the international students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most number of applications among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Siberian State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharma Faculty
- Biology & Behavioral Medicine Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduation
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in Siberian State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Siberian State Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Siberian State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Siberian State Medical University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by SSMU (Tomsk) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Siberian State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in SSMU (Tomsk), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from SSMU (Tomsk) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Tomsk is situated on the bank of River Tom and in the Siberian (Eastern) part of Russian Federation. It is the administrative capital of the Tomsk state of Russia. The city is famous for it’s wood architecture & till date most of the buildings resemble the architectural pattern of late 1990’s. Being the most important city of Siberia, Tomsk has excellent connectivity by air, road & rail to Moscow & other important cities.
Bogashevo airport is located approx. 20 kms. south-east from the city center. Students from India directly reach Tomsk via Moscow and don’t have to travel by train or bus. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. are always available for transport within the city. Some of the major attractions in Tomsk are Human Puppet Theatre, Mountain of Happiness, Voskresenskaya Mountain, Chekhov Monument, Novosobornaya Square, Siberian Botanical Garden & many more.
Tomsk is the most important educational, scientific & research center in whole of Siberian region. There are several renowned government & private universities other than medical ones. However, most of the Indians who visit Tomsk have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University. The city has humid continental climate with pleasant summers (Ranging from +15 to +30 degree Celsius) and moderate to severe winters (Ranging from 0 to -30 degree Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is 21,79,480 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is Siberian State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Siberian State Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Siberian State Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University are it’s low fees, top ranking, excellent campus & a good number of Indian students.