South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy was established in 1979 and is located in the city of Shymkent, which is the 3rd largest & populous city of Kazakhstan. The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is INR 18.75 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 session. It includes tuition fee, hostel, medical & misc. charges as well. The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is 50% marks & NEET qualification. The procedure of MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan is easy quite simple which can be completed online in few steps.
SKMA (Shymkent) offers an affordable MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. All eligible & interested students from India should apply before last date of admissions. At present, the South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is 18.75 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India & other countries. The detailed MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan for 2022 (September Session) is as shown below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,800 / INR 4,35,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,800 / INR 3,60,000
- Total Fees : USD 25,000 / INR 18,75,000
* Yearly MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy through a simple admission procedure as below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET result.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter.
- University issues an invitation letter for study visa of student.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Kazakhstan Embassy (Delhi) for visa stamping.
- We assist students in currency exchange & air ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy.
* Eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for admission of Indians is as stated below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan.
What is the ranking of South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ranks on 9th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all government medical institutions in Kazakhstan. Since it’s established in 1979, it has remained in top 10 medical institutions of Kazakhstan. It is an ideal destination by Indian students due to it’s affordable MBBS fee & huge community of Indians studying here. The academy has highly experienced English speaking faculty for international students.
SKMA (Shymkent) was established in 1979 and is a 43 years old medical academy of Kazakhstan. It is a perfect example of classical medical academy that has focused only on development in fields of medicine & related ones. At present, South Kazakhstan Medical Academy has more than 500 Indian students pursuing course of general medicine in English medium. Students from various countries are studying here (Including Indians), which creates a very friendly atmosphere for students.
Is South Kazakhstan Medical Academy recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in SKMA (Shymkent) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
The documents required for MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indians is 5 years + 1 year internship. Earlier, the duration of course was 5 years till 2021, which included the internship too. But after the recent NMC – 2021 update, the academy now provides 5 years MBBS course, after which Indian students have to undergo 1 year internship in Kazakhstan as well.
The medium of instruction in South Kazakhstan for all international students is English. The classes, tests and exams are conducted in English for Indian & other foreign students. Apart from the highly qualified Kazakh teachers & professors, there are some Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are appointed to teach Indian students for the FMGE/NExT exam after completion of MBBS from South Kazakhstan (Shymkent).
Faculties in SKMA (Shymkent)
The faculties at South Kazakhstan Medical Academy that are active currently & provide training to local Kazakh & international students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Preparatory Course/Language Faculty
- Post-Graduate Specialization
Most of the students from Indian students who apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy choose to study in faculty of general medicine. The faculty of general medicine receives the most number of students every year from India.
Hostel Facilities in SKMA (Shymkent)
Most hostels in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indian students are located within or near the main academy campus. An overview of the hostel facilities is provided below :
- Located within & near the main academy campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Several new hostels have also been built by academy to provide accommodation the increasing number of Indians.
- Indians generally have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 2nd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose from 2/3/4 seater rooms which have beds, bed-sheets, study tables & chairs, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can submit an application to the hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors with complete separation or in separate hostels.
- All hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by academy during the first year of their MBBS in South Kazakhstan.
- From 2nd year onwards, students can rent a flat/apartment (if they wish to) or continue to stay in academy hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of SKMA (Shymkent) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy by Indians every year in hostels.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by South Kazakhstan Med. Academy for Indians.
Benefits of MBBS from South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
Some of the useful facts which might help students to decide about studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are as below :
- SKMA (Shymkent) is ranked on 9th position among all the medical universities in whole of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from South Kazakhstan is valid everywhere.
- Being a 43 years old medical university, South Kazakhstan witnesses a very good number of admissions from India.
- The academy has been training Indian students in English medium MBBS course since more than 6 years now.
- An affordable MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan and excellent lifestyle of Shymkent make it a perfect pleace for Indian students.
- The faculty of medicine at SKMA is highly experienced & skilled in teaching Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The duration of MBBS in South Kazakhstan is 5 years + 1 year internship, similar to that of most neighboring CIS countries.
- Students get ample clinical/practical exposure, while interacting with local patients in hospitals after 2nd year of course.
- The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is quite moderate for English medium medical course in Kazakhstan.
- MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is simple & straight forward which can be complete online in few steps.
- The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter/Equivalent & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises, so Indian students don’t have to waste time in preparing food.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh/Russian.
About South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ranks on 9th position among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. It is one of the the most attractive destination for Indians to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 3,000 students studying in various fields of medicine & pharmacy. More than 500 teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are actively engaged in training these students.
SKMA (Shymkent) functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. It offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in various fields of medical education. The university has a huge campus located in the center of Shymkent city. The university has excellent infrastructure and uses the latest techniques for training students, including digital education.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy receives a huge number of applications from India every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. Apart from education, the university actively contributes to research and scientific activities in fields of medicine & pharmacology as well. It has numerous student exchange programs with renowned universities of Uzbekistan, Russia, Ukraine & several CIS countries for the benefit of students.
Shymkent is located in the southern region of country & is the capital of South Kazakhstan province. It is a city of republican importance i.e. among the 3 cities (Other two are Nur-Sultan & Almaty) of Kazakhstan that have status equal to that of a region. Shymkent is the 3rd most populous city of Kazakhstan and was known by the name of Chimkent till 1993 when it’s name was changed to Shymkent. It is located close to the border of Uzbekistan and is just 120 kms. from the city of Tashkent.
Being an important economic hub and a metropolitan city, Shymkent has an international airport and excellent connectivity through road and rail with neighboring countries. Trams, trolley-buses, minivans, taxis, etc. are easily available for travel within the city at affordable fares round the clock. Shymkent city is an economic hub of South Kazakh region and has more 70 factories, plants & manufacturing units.
Shymkent is also one of the prime destinations in Kazakhstan for education with more than 10 higher education universities situated in city. Most Indian students travel here with the sole objective of studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy in English medium. The city witnesses a humid continental climate bordering on Mediterranean climate where summers are hot and dry with temperature reaching up to +33 degree Celsius, while winters have an average low temperature of 0 to -5 degree Celsius.
Related Universities :