South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy was established in 1979 and is located in the city of Shymkent, which is the 3rd largest & populous city of Kazakhstan. The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is INR 23.40 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2024 session. It offers a very low MBBS fees in Kazakhstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy can easily be completed online. The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the NMC’s rules.
There are 1 academic session for MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy in an year i.e. September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is a government university & functions under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. It is a classical medical academy that focuses only in field of medicine & related sciences. SKMA (Shymkent) has a huge campus located in the heart of Shymkent city. In a very short span of time, it has gained immense popularity & become a popular destination among foreign students for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are it’s low fees, top ranking & a huge number of Indian students.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ranks on 9th position (According to online ranking portals) among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. It offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in medical & related fields. Overall, there are 3,000+ students (Local Kazakh & foreigners) in academy in different courses & 500+ teachers are engaged in training them across different departments. At present, there are more than 300 Indian students studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy in English medium. Apart from education, SKMA equally contributes to research & scientific activities& has some exchange programs in place with universities of Russia & other CIS countries too.
MBBS Fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy – 2024
The MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is INR 23.40 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in South Kazakhstan for 2024 session is given below :
|South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kazakhstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kazakhstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. The step-by-step process to apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indian students is as below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy.
WHO/NMC Recognition of South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in South Kazakhstan can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- SKMA (Shymkent) ranks on 9th position among all higher medical education institutions in whole of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from South Kazakhstan is valid in whole world.
- Being a 44 years old university of Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- South Kazakh Medical Academy has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 10 years.
- More than 700 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from South Kazakh Medical Academy.
- The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in South Kazakhstan is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at South Kazakhstan is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kazakh.
The documents required for MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kazakhstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kazakhstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy offers courses in field of medicine and related fields at graduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels of education. The faculty of general medicine is the most popular among all faculties and receives the most number of applications every year from Indian students. Other than medical, language/preparatory faculty is also available for students who wish to study in local language (Kazakh). The faculties at South Kazakhstan Medical Academy that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Preparatory Course/Language Faculty
- Post-Graduate Specialization
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in South Kazakhstan, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Many new hostels have also been built by university recently to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in South Kazakhstan.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of South Kazakh Medical Academy where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by South Kazakh Medical Academy for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in South Kazakhstan, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from South Kazakhstan have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Shymkent is located in the southern region of country & is the capital of South Kazakhstan province. The city is located close to the border of Uzbekistan and is just 120 kms. from the city of Tashkent. Shymkent is the 3rd most populous city of Kazakhstan and was known by the name of Chimkent till 1993, when it’s name was changed to Shymkent. The city is of republican importance i.e. among the 3 cities (Other two are Nur-Sultan & Almaty) of Kazakhstan that have status equal to that of a region.
Shymkent city is an economic hub of South Kazakh region and has more 70 factories, plants & manufacturing units. Being an important economic hub and a metropolitan city, Shymkent has an international airport and excellent connectivity through road and rail with neighboring countries. Trams, trolley-buses, minivans, taxis, etc. are easily available for travel within the city at affordable fares round the clock.
Shymkent is also one of the prime destinations in Kazakhstan for education with more than 10 higher education universities. Most Indian students travel here with the sole objective of studying MBBS in South Kazakh Medical Academy. The city witnesses a humid continental climate bordering on Mediterranean climate where summers are hot and dry with temperature reaching up to +33 degree Celsius, while winters have an average low temperature of 0 to -5 degree Celsius.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is INR 23.40 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
Students can apply for MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The process of MBBS admission in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kazakhstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is South Kazakhstan Medical Academy recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in South Kazakhstan Medical Academy are it’s low fees, top ranking, vast campus & a huge number of Indian students.