South Ural State Medical University
South Ural State Medical University was established in the year 1944 and is located in Chelyabinsk city of Russia. The total MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is 18,37,500 Rupees for 2024 session. SUSMU offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in South Ural online by simply submitting relevant documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in South Ural is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS in South Ural State Medical University in whole year i.e. September session.
South Ural State Medical University started MBBS course in English medium approx. 5 years ago for international students. The university currently ranks among top 20 medical universities in Russia. Few reasons why Indian students choose South Ural for studying MBBS in Russia are very low fees, vast university campus, low cost of living & a huge community of Indian students.
- University Type : Government
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 20 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 5,000+
- Indian Students : 200+
- Education Level : Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- Departments : Medical, Dentistry, Pediatric, Pharmacy & Preventive Medicine
MBBS Fees in South Ural State State Medical University – 2024
The MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is 18,37,500 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in South Ural in 2024 session is given below :
|South Ural State Medical University
|1st Year Fees
|Total Course Fees
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy
|Total Fees (Rupees)
* 1st year MBBS fees in South Ural includes registration & overhead expenses.
The MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in South Ural State Medical University
Students can apply for MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Chelyabinsk and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in South Ural State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in South Ural State Medical University follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2024/2023/2022.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in South Ural State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of South Ural State Medical University
South Ural State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in South Ural State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in South Ural State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) ranks among top 25 higher education medical institutions in the whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from South Ural is valid in whole world.
- Being a 79 years old university of Russia, South Ural receives a very good number of admissions from India.
- SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to international students for more than 5 years.
- The total MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is one of the lowest among all universities in Russia.
- The MBBS eligibility in South Ural of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at South Ural has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2024/2023/2022)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in South Ural State Medical University is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in South Ural State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the international students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most number of applications among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at South Ural State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Faculty of Disease Prevention
- Faculty of Nursing
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in South Ural State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in South Ural State Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in South Ural State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in South Ural State Medical University.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from South Ural State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in SUSMU (Chelyabinsk), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
Chelyabinsk is the capital & administrative center of the Chelyabinsk state of Russian Federation. It is the 7th largest city of Russian Federation & 2nd largest in Ural region. The city is situated on the bank of Miass river and on the eastern side of Ural mountains. It’s growth started rapidly after the construction of Trans-Siberian railway track as it connected the city with Russia’s Siberian region. The city is well connected to all other major cities of Russia through rail, road and air routes.
The Chelyabinsk International Airport is located 18 kms. north from the city center & students from India reach here directly via Moscow. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis are easily available for transport within the city. Chelyabinsk has huge number of parks (Approx. 17) with the Gagarin Central Park being the center of attraction among local population & tourists as well. It is a major industrial hub of metallurgy and military production.
Chelyabinsk has many higher education institutes and SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) is just one of them. Indian students studying MBBS in South Ural State Medical University find the place affordable & full of natural beauty. The local people of city are very friendly with foreigners and love to interact with them. The climate of Chelyabinsk is of humid continental type with warm summers (Ranging between +25 to +30 Degree Celsius) and moderate to extreme winters (Ranging from 0 to -20 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is 18,37,500 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in South Ural State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in South Ural State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in South Ural Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in South Ural Medical University requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in South Ural Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in South Ural Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2024/2023/2022) & min. 17 years age.
Is South Ural Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. South Ural Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in South Ural Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in South Ural Medical University are it’s extremely low fees, high ranking, affordable living cost & a good number of Indian students.