South Ural State Medical University
South Ural State Medical University was established in the year 1944 and is located in city of Chelyabinsk which is the capital of Chelyabinsk state of Russia. The total MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is INR 16.39 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. It includes tuition fee, hostel & medical insurance. The process of MBBS admission in South Ural is quite simple and can be completed online with minimal formalities. The MBBS eligibility in South Ural State Medical University is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All eligible & interested students from India should apply before last date of admissions. Currently, South Ural State Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in South Ural State State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University is 16.39 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India. The detailed MBBS fees in South Ural for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : 2,65,000 Rubles / INR 2,91,500
- 2nd-6th/Year : 2,45,000 Rubles / INR 2,69,500
- Total Fees : 14,90,000 Rubles / INR 16,39,000
* Yearly MBBS fees in South Ural State Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* One-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration) to be paid in 1st year.
* Indian mess facility available in South Ural State Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 Ruble = 1.10 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University ?
Indian Students can apply for MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University through a very simple admission procedure as below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Russian Embassy (New Delhi) for visa.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Russia.
- One of our representatives receives students at airport in Russia.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in South Ural State Medical University.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in South Ural online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in South Ural State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in South Ural State Medical University (Chelyabinsk) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in South Ural is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in South Ural.
* Students are also required to qualify an online test conducted by South Ural State Medical University.
What is the ranking of South Ural State Medical University ?
South Ural State Medical University ranks among the the top 30 medical universities of Russia (According to surveys done my major online ranking platforms). Chelyabinsk is an ideal destination students that provides MBBS course in English medium at an affordable fee. Majority of foreign students pursuing medical education here are from India. The rate at which SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) is gaining popularity, it is giving a tough competition to other top medical universities in Russia.
SUSMU, Chelyabinsk was established in 1944 and is a 78 years old medical university of Russia. Till date, more than 30,000 students have graduated from the university (Including local & foreign students). The university has worked very hard & focused immensely on every aspect of education (technology, facilities, infrastructure), which has made it one of the best medical colleges of Russia. At present, South Ural State Medical University has more than 200 Indian students studying course of medicine in English medium.
Is South Ural State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in South Ural State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in South Ural can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as South Ural State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO.
The documents required for MBBS in South Ural State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The total duration of MBBS course in South Ural State Med. University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in South Ural State Med. University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English for Indians. It has been approx. 3 years when the MBBS course in English was started in Chelyabinsk. All medical books by Indian writers are available in university library, which help the Indian students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Chelyabinsk.
Faculties in SUSMU (Chelyabinsk)
The faculties in South Ural State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Faculty of Disease Prevention
- Faculty of Nursing
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. All Indian students who apply for MBBS admission in South Ural State Med. University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
Hostel Facilities in SUSMU (Chelyabinsk)
Most of the hostels for Indian students in South Ural State Med. University are located within the main university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in South Ural.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostels of South Ural State Med. University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can prepare food themselves as well in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by South Ural State Med. University for students.
Benefits of MBBS from South Ural State Medical University
Some very useful facts in short which might help students to decide about studying MBBS in South Ural are :
- SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) ranks among the popular medical education institutions of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBSl degree from South Ural is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 78 years old medical university of Russia, South Ural State Med. University witnesses fair number of admissions from India.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in Russia due to it’s low fees & good hostel facilities for foreigners.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 3 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at SUSMU is highly experienced for training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in South Ural is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in South Ural State Med. University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
About South Ural State Medical University
South Ural State Medical University’s ranks in top 30 higher education medical universities of Russia (According to survey done by renowned online ranking firms). It has been 3 years now, when the MBBS course in English was launched by university for foreign students. There has been a constant rise in the number of Indian students who took admission in South Ural for MBBS in Russia.
At present, the university more than 4,800 students studying in different faculties and more than 750 teachers are engaged in training them. The university functions under the Ministry of Science, Higher Education and Health of Russian Federation. It offers courses in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, pediatrics, disease prevention & nursing at under-graduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels.
Having started English medium course so recently, South Ural State Medical University is still very rapidly becoming popular among Indian students for English medium MBBS course in Russia especially due it’s low fees & great infrastructure. The university contributes substantially to research & scientific activities related to field of medicine.
Chelyabinsk is the administrative center and largest city of the Chelyabinsk province of Russian Federation. It is the 7th largest city of Russia & 2nd largest city of Ural federal region. It is situated on the bank of Miass river and on the eastern side of Ural mountains. It’s growth started rapidly after the construction of Trans-Siberian railway track as it connected the city with Russia’s Siberian region. The city is well connected to all other major cities of Russia through rail, road and air routes.
The Chelyabinsk International Airport is located 18 kms. north from the city center & students from India reach here directly via Moscow. Trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis are easily available for transport within the city. Chelyabinsk has huge number of parks (Approx. 17) with the Gagarin Central Park being the center of attraction among local population & tourists as well. It is a major industrial hub of metallurgy and military production.
Chelyabinsk has over a dozen of higher education institutes located in the city and SUSMU (Chelyabinsk) is just one of them. Indian students studying MBBS in South Ural State Med. University find the place peaceful, affordable & full of natural beauty. The local people of city are very friendly with foreigners and love to interact with them. The climate of Chelyabinsk is of humid continental type with warm summers (Ranging between +25 to +30 Degree Celsius) and moderate to extreme winters (Ranging from 0 to -20 degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :