Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy was established in 1919 and is located in Tashkent, which is the largest city & economic hub of Uzbekistan. The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is INR 17.85 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers the lowest MBBS fees in Uzbekistan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy can be easily done online by submitting documents scans. The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the the latest NMC’s guidelines.
TMA (Tashkent) accepts applications twice in an year i.e. February & September intake. Eligible students can apply for MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy ranks on 3rd position among all medical universities in Uzbekistan. This makes it one of the most chosen university by Indian students for studying MBBS in Uzbekistan. In 1990, by a decision of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 2 medical institutes were established on the basis of old & new campuses viz. First Tashkent Medical Institute & Second Tashkent Medical Institute. Later in 2005, both old institutes were abolished and finally Tashkent Medical Academy was established.
Tashkent Medical Academy is a government university and functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of Uzbekistan. It provides courses in various filed at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels as well. Currently, Tashkent Medical Academy has more than 7,800 students studying in various fields of medicine and more than 800 teachers are engaged in training them. The university has a research laboratory & encourages students to participate in research in field of medicine too.
MBBS Fees in Tashkent Medical Academy
The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is INR 17.85 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Tashkent for 2023 session is given below :
|Tashkent Medical Academy (TMA)||1st Year Fee (US Dollars/Indian Rupees)||2nd-6th/Year Fee (US Dollars/Indian Rupees)|
|Tuition Fees||USD 4,500 / INR 3,37,500||USD 3,000 / INR 2,25,000|
|Hostel Fees||USD 500 / INR 37,500||USD 500 / INR 37,500|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 1,300 / INR 75,000||–|
|TOTAL FEES||USD 6,300 / INR 4,72,500||USD 3,500 / INR 2,62,500|
* 1st year MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy includes other misc. charges.
* Indian mess facility is available at additional USD 120 per month.
Fees Payment in Tashkent Medical Academy
The MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Uzbekistan. Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure, as they must pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Uzbekistan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Admission in Tashkent Medical Academy
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Tashkent online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian Students can apply for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Tashkent Medical Academy issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Tashkent Medical Academy issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Uzbekistan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Uzbekistan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Tashkent and their availability at the time of application. The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy.
Recognition of Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Tashkent can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Ranking of Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy ranks on 3rd position (According to online ranking platforms) among all higher education medical institutions in Uzbekistan. The university is one of the most chosen & preferred destinations by Indian students due to the low MBBS fees in Tashkent & it’s high ranking. It is undoubtedly one of the best medical universities of Uzbekistan that provides superior medical education in English medium.
Tashkent Medical Academy was established 1919 and is now a 103 years old government medical university with the best infrastructure, technology & teaching equipment. Being such an old university and having a superb English speaking faculty, it ranks among the top medical universities of Uzbekistan. At present, Tashkent Medical Academy has more than 500 Indian students who are studying general medicine in English medium.
Benefits of MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- Tashkent Medical Academy ranks on 3rd position among all higher medical institutions in whole of Uzbekistan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Tashkent is valid in whole world.
- Being a 103 years old university of Uzbekistan, Tashkent Medical Academy witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is lowest in whole country, especially being located in Tashkent (Capital of Uzbekistan).
- The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Tashkent is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at TMA is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Uzbek.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Tashkent Medical Academy is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Uzbekistan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Tashkent Medical Academy for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Tashkent Medical Academy provides medical courses at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. The faculty of general medicine is the most popular one and it receives the most number of Indian students every year. The university also has preparatory/language faculty for foreign students who wish to study in local language (Uzbek). The faculties at Tashkent Medical Academy that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pedagogy
- Higher Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Medico-Prophylaxis
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Tashkent Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Uzbek) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Tashkent, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Tashkent Medical Academy are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Uzbekistan.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Tashkent Medical Academy where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian students.
Some important things & career opportunities that all Indian students should know after completing their degrees are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Uzbekistan, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from TMS (Tashkent) have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Tashkent (Toshkent in Uzbek) is located in the north eastern region of Uzbekistan very close to border of Kazakhstan. It is the capital of Uzbekistan and also the largest and most populated city of Uzbekistan. The vastness of city can be understood with the facts it was the 4th largest city of USSR just after Moscow, St. Petersburg & Kyiv and is now divided into 12 districts for better administration. Tashkent is also very famous for its numerous fountains & beautiful parks.
Tashkent is situated on the road connecting the Samarkand (2nd largest city of Uzbekistan) & Shymkent (Kazakhstan). The city has been very successful in transforming the old Soviet infra-structure to a very modern one in past 15 years. Tashkent International Airport is the 3rd busiest airport in central Asia with flights to most cities around the world. For transport within the city metro, regular trams, trolley-buses, etc. are available all the time.
Tashkent is also the educational capital of Uzbekistan featuring more than 30 top ranked government higher education institutions. Students from various neighboring countries apply in most universities every year for different courses in engineering, management, hospitality, aviation, etc. But, almost all Indian student who travel to Uzbekistan have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Tashkent Med. Academy. The city witnesses a typical Mediterranean climate that has long & warm summer season (+32 to +38 degrees Celsius) and a comparatively shorter winter season (0 to -5 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is INR 17.85 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including hostel & medical insurance.
How can students pay fees in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
Indian students can pay their fees in cash (US Dollars) after arrival or transfer online to university’s/representative’s bank account.
How to get MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
Students can send documents’ scans online or visit any of our offices in India for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy is 50% marks (PCB) in 12th, NEET qualification & min. 17 years age.
Is Tashkent Medical Academy recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Tashkent Medical Academy is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS.
What is the ranking of Tashkent Medical Academy ?
Tashkent Med. Academy (Tashkent) ranks on 3rd place in whole country and is one of the most prestigious academic institutions.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Tashkent Med. Academy are it’s lowest fees, top ranking, excellent campus & location in Tashkent.
What documents are required in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The documents required for admission in Tashkent Med. Academy are 12th marksheets, NEET qualification, valid passport & few medical reports.
What is the duration of MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The duration of MBBS course in Tashkent Med. Academy is 6 years (5 years 8 months), which also includes 1 year internship/clinical rotation.
What is the medium of instruction in Tashkent Medical Academy ?
The medium of instruction in Tashkent Med. Academy for Indian students is English. However, students also learn Uzbek for communicating with locals & interaction with patients.