Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy was established in 1919 (As Turkestan State University) and is located in the city of Tashkent which is the economic hub & largest city of Uzbekistan. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Uzbekistan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is 15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2022 (September) session. The process of MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy is simple with minimal documentation involved.
Tashkent Medical Academy ranks on 3rd position among all medical universities in Uzbekistan. This is first reason that makes it the most chosen university by Indian students when it’s about MBBS in Uzbekistan. Secondly, it is located in Tashkent which is the capital of Uzbekistan and the best city of country as well. In 1990, by a decision of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 2 medical institutes were established on the basis of old & new campuses viz. First Tashkent Medical Institute & Second Tashkent Medical Institute. Later in 2005, both old institutes were abolished and finally Tashkent Medical Academy (Tashkent) was established.
Tashkent Medical Academy (Uzbekistan) is a government university and functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of Uzbekistan. It is one of those higher education institutions of Uzbekistan that receives a very good number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Uzbekistan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate, doctors levels in various fields of medical education and has more than 7,800 students studying in various fields of medicine. More than 800 teachers are actively engaged in training these students. Tashkent Medical Academy also has a research laboratory/center to improve the quality of scientific research.
MBBS Fees in Tashkent Medical Academy
The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is 15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fees in Tashkent for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,50,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,500 / INR 2,62,500
- Total Fees : USD 20,000 / INR 15,00,000
* The yearly MBBS fee structure in Tashkent Medical Academy includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in Tashkent Medical Academy at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Uzbekistan. Students purchase US Dollars in India just before departure, as they must pay in US Dollars after arrival there. Second, students can transfer the 1st year full/part fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Uzbekistan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation.
* The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical colleges in Uzbekistan.
MBBS Eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy (Uzbekistan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first come first serve basis according to MBBS eligibility in Tashkent Medical Academy.
MBBS Admission in Tashkent Medical Academy
Students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy through a very simple admission procedure as below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Uzbekistan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Uzbekistan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Uzbekistan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Uzbekistan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan online or can visit any of our offices with prior appointment.
Recognition of Tashkent Medical Academy
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in TMA (Uzbekistan) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as Tashkent Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Uzbekistan published by WHO as per global norms.
Ranking of Tashkent Medical Academy in Uzbekistan
Tashkent Medical Academy ranks on 3rd position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Uzbekistan. It is one of the most chosen & preferred destinations by Indian students due to the low & competitive MBBS fees in Tashkent & high ranking of university. It is undoubtedly one of the best medical universities of Uzbekistan that provides superior medical education in English medium and a very friendly environment for foreigners in the beautiful city of Tashkent.
TMA, Uzbekistan was established 1919 and is now a 103 years old government medical university with the best infrastructure, technology & teaching equipments. Being such an old medical university and having as superb English medium teaching faculty, it has always ranked among the top medical universities of Uzbekistan. The university currently has more than 500 Indian students who are studying general medicine in English medium.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Tashkent Medical Academy
The documents required for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of instruction in Tashkent Medical Academy
The total duration of MBBS course in Tashkent Medical Academy is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Tashkent was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Tashkent for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers for Indian students. In additional to the local Uzbek/Russian teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are especially appointed by the university so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
Faculties in Tashkent, Tashkent
The faculties at Tashkent Medical Academy (Uzbekistan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pedagogy
- Higher Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Medico-Prophylaxis
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
The faculty of general medicine is most active among all faculties at university and has maximum staff engaged in it’s management. It receives huge number of applications from Indian students for MBBS admission in Uzbekistan. The university campus is well established and has different buildings for training in different specialties. TMA (Tashkent) has many government hostels to provide accommodation to foreign students (From India specially). Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy choose to study in faculty of general medicine.
How are classes conducted for Indian students in TMA, Tashkent ?
The classes for Indian students in Tashkent Med. Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Uzbek/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Tashkent, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian students ?
All hostels for Indian students in Tashkent Medical Academy are situated within the main university campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All Tashkent Medical Academy hostels are located within the main campus & students attend classes in university at a walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Tashkent.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Tashkent where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with great enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events are organized by Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian students.
Why to study MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for students to decide about studying MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy are as below :
- Tashkent Medical Academy (Tashkent) ranks on 3rd position among all medical universities of Uzbekistan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Tashkent is valid in whole world.
- Being a 103 years old medical university of Uzbekistan, Tashkent Med. Academy witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at Tashkent is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in Tashkent is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Tashkent Medical Academy is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Tashkent Medical Academy is straight forward and simple with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Uzbek.
Steps after MBBS from Tashkent Medical Academy (Uzbekistan)
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from TMA, Tashkent have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
Tashkent (Toshkent in Uzbek) is located in the north eastern region of Uzbekistan very close to border of Kazakhstan. It is the capital of Uzbekistan and also the largest and most populated city of Uzbekistan. The vastness of city can be understood with the fact that Tashkent was the 4th largest city of whole USSR (Soviet Union) just after Moscow, St. Petersburg & Kyiv. The city is famous for its numerous fountains & beautiful parks. In 2007, Tashkent was also named as the “Cultural Capital of Islamic World” due to the dozens of mosques and Islamic sites. Tashkent international airport is the 3rd busiest airport in central Asia with flights to most cities around the world. For transport within the city metro, regular trams, trolley-buses, etc. are available all the time.
Tashkent is also the educational capital of Uzbekistan featuring more than 30 top ranked government higher education institutions. Students from various neighboring countries apply in most universities every year for different courses in engineering, management, hospitality, aviation, etc. But, almost all Indian student who travel to Tashkent have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy. Tashkent is situated on the road connection the 2nd largest city of Uzbekistan i.e. Samarkand & Shymkent (Kazakhstan). The city has been very successful in transforming the old Soviet infra-structure to a very modern one in past 15 years. Tashkent witnesses a typical Mediterranean climate that has long & warm summer season (+32 to +38 degrees Celsius) and a comparatively shorter winter season (0 to -5 degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :