UIB International Medical School
UIB International Medical School (Almaty) was established in 1992 and is located in Almaty which is the largest city of Kazakhstan. The total MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School is INR 18.11 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers a low & affordable MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The MBBS eligibility in UIB IMS is 50% marks & NEET qualification according to the NMC’s rules. Students can apply for MBBS admission in UIB International Medical School online by simply submitting documents’ scans.
There are 1 academic session for MBBS in UIB International Medical School in an year i.e. September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About UIB International Medical School
IMS (International Medical School) is an branch of UIB (University of International Business) and it provides courses in field of medical education. It is a private university and functions under the Ministry of Science & Higher Education and Ministry of Health of Kazakhstan. UIB IMS has recently started MBBS course in English for Indian students. The main reasons of studying MBBS in UIB International Medical School are it’s low fees, superior education and it’s location in Almaty.
UIB International Medical School ranks among top 10 (According to online ranking portals) institutions for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan. The medical course here is referred as a “Smart Medicine” program due to immense use of technology & digital education. At present, there are more than 300 Indian students studying MBBS in UIB International medical School in English medium. Apart from providing education, it also actively contributes to research & scientific development in medical field and has many student exchange programs as well with renowned universities in Europe, Russia & neighboring CIS countries.
MBBS Fees in UIB International Medical School – 2023
The total MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School (IMS) is INR 18.11 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in UIB IMS for 2023 session is given below :
|UIB International Medical School||1st Year Fees||2nd-5th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 3,900||USD 3,900||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 800||USD 800||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 650||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 5,350||USD 4,700||USD 24,150|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 4,01,250||INR 3,52,500||INR 18,11,250|
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kazakhstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kazakhstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Admission in UIB International Medical School
All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in UIB-IMS (International Medical School) online or visit any of our offices. The step-by-step process to apply for MBBS admission in UIB International Medical School for Indian students is as below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- UIB International Medical School issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- UIB International Medical School issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Almaty and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Eligibility in UIB International Medical School
The MBBS eligibility in UIB International Medical School for Indian students according to NMC (National Medical Commission) & university rules is as below :
- 50% Marks : Indian students must have minimum 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter to fulfill the MBBS eligibility in UIB International Medical School (40% marks for reserved category).
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in UIB International Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of UIB International Medical University
UIB International medical School is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students after MBBS from UIB IMS can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in UIB IMS can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in UIB International Medical School
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in UIB International Medical School for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- UIB-IMS (Almaty) ranks among the top 10 medical institutions for foreigners in Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from UIB IMS (Almaty) is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 31 years old university of Kazakhstan, it gets huge number of applications every year from India.
- The total MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School is moderate for a medical university located in Almaty.
- The MBBS eligibility in UIB IMS of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in UIB International Medical School is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in UIB IMS is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at UIB IMS has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kazakh.
The documents required for MBBS in UIB International Medical School are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in UIB International Medical School is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Kazakhstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in UIB International Medical School for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
UIB IMS provides training in courses at graduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. Most of the Indian students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine, which receives the a good number of applications every year. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Kazakh). The faculties at UIB International Medical School that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Business & Management
- Tourism & Hospitality Faculty
- Faculty of Finance & Accounting
- Faculty of Business Informatics
- Social Sciences & Humanities Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in UIB International Medical School comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreign students also learn local language (Kazakh) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in UIB International Medical School, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in UIB International Medical School are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in UIB IMS.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of UIB IMS (Int. Medical School), where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by UIB IMS (Int. Medical School) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from UIB International Medical School for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in UIB IMS, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
Almaty (Earlier known as Alma-Ata) is located in the southern most part of country is the largest city of the Kazakhstan. It was the official capital from 1929 to 1997. The current capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (Earlier known as Astana). However, Almaty still remains to be the commercial & cultural capital of Kazakhstan and the most populated city as well. The city alone contributes to more than 20% GDP of whole Kazakhstan annually.
Almaty has an international airport with flights to most cities around the world. For transport within the city, apart from the regular trams, trolley-buses, etc. A bicycle sharing system is also available where people can rent a bicycle on monthly basis. Almaty is not only a commercial center of Kazakhstan but also a major educational hub. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kazakhstan.
Almaty has more than 25 renowned universities where students from different countries come to study every year. Most of the Indian students who travel here have the sole motive of studying MBBS in UIB-IMS or some other university located here. The climate is humid continental with warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and mildly cold winters (Up to -10 Degrees Celsius). Being the economic & education hub, the city of Almaty has the most foreign students in whole country and businessmen as well.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School ?
The total MBBS fees in UIB International Medical School is INR 18.11 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in UIB International Medical School ?
Students can apply for MBBS in UIB International Medical School by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in UIB International Medical School ?
The process of MBBS admission in UIB International Medical School requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kazakhstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in UIB International Medical School ?
The MBBS eligibility in UIB International Medical School for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is UIB International Medical School recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. UIB International Medical School is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in UIB International Medical School ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in UIB International Medical School are it’s low fees, top ranking, excellent campus & location in Almaty (Largest city of Kazakhstan).