West Kazakhstan State Medical University
West Kazakhstan State Medical University was established in 1997 and is located in Aktobe, which is located in the western region of Kazakhstan & close to border with Russia. The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is INR 15.22 Lacs for Indian students in 2022 (September) session. This amount includes tuition fee, hostel, medical & misc. charges as well. The MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is 50% marks & NEET qualification. The process of MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan is quite simple & can be easily completed online.
WKSMU (Aktobe) has the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. All interested & eligible students from India must apply before the last date of admissions. At present, West Kazakhstan State Medical University is accepting applications for MBBS course in English medium for 2022/23 (September) session.
What is the MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is 15.22 Lacs Indian Rupees for students from India & other countries. The detailed MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan for 2022 (September Session) is as shown below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,100 / INR 3,82,500
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,800 / INR 2,85,000
- Total Fees : USD 20,300 / INR 15,22,000
* Yearly MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University includes tuition fees, hostel & medical insurance.
* 1st year fees includes one-time admission & misc. charges (Medical checkup, visa extension & registration).
* Indian mess facility available in West Kazakhstan State Medical University at a cost of USD 100-120 per month.
* Total MBBS fees in Indian Rupees has been prepared using calculations of 1 USD = 75 INR.
How to apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
Indians can apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University through an easy admission procedure as below :
- Submit scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET result.
- University issues the admission letter on the basis of documents.
- Submit scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter.
- University issues an invitation letter for study visa of student.
- Submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents.
- Passport is submitted to Kazakhstan Embassy (Delhi) for visa stamping.
- We assist students in currency exchange & air ticket booking.
- Student depart in batches from New Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan.
- All formalities are completed by our representative in West Kazakhstan State Medical University.
* Eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan online or visit any of our offices.
What is the MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students’ admission is given below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan is as per rules set by NMC (National Medical Commission) for Indian students.
* Seats are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis according to seat availability & MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan.
What is the ranking of West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
West Kazakhstan State Medical University ranks on 8th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all medical universities of Kazakhstan. It has become one of the most chosen medical universities in Kazakhstan in past few years. This is due to the lowest MBBS fees offered by West Kazakhstan State Medical University for MBBS in English medium in whole Kazakhstan. The teachers/professors at university are experienced with high proficiency in English language.
WKSMU (Aktobe) was established in 1997 and is a 25 years old government medical university of Kazakhstan. It has one of the largest campuses in Kazakhstan with excellent infrastructure & facilities. The university currently attracts huge number of students from neighboring countries with majority of them being from India. Currently, the university has more than 500 Indian students who are pursuing MBBS course in English medium.
Is West Kazakhstan State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC/MCI ?
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in WKSMU (Aktobe) can appear in post-graduation entrance exam of any country as West Kazakhstan State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
The documents required for MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration & Medium of Instruction
The duration of MBBS course in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students is 5 years + 1 year internship. The duration of course here was 5 years till 2021, which also included the internship. But after the recent NMC – 2021 update, the university now provides 5 years MBBS course, after which Indian students have to undergo 1 year internship in Kazakhstan as well.
The medium of instruction in West Kazakhstan for all foreigners is English. The classes, tests and exams are conducted in English for Indian students. Other than the highly qualified local Kazakh professors & teachers, there are some Indian teachers as well. These Indian teachers are appointed to guide Indian students for the FMGE/NExT exam after completion of MBBS from WKSMU (Aktobe).
Faculties in WKSMU (Aktobe)
The faculties at West Kazakhstan Medical University that are provide training to local & foreign students at graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Care Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
Most of the students from India who apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine. The faculty of general medicine is the most active & busy department with maximum staff engaged in it’s management.
Hostel Facilities in WKSMU (Aktobe)
Most of the hostels in West Kazakhstan State Med. University for Indian students are located within or near the main university campus. An overview of the hostel facilities is provided below :
- Located within & near the main university campus & Indian students can attend classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Several new hostels have also been built by university, so as to provide accommodation the increasing number of Indians.
- Indians generally have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 2nd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose from 2/3/4 seater rooms which have beds, bed-sheets, study tables & chairs, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can submit an application to the hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- All hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory to stay in hostel provided by university during the first year of their MBBS in West Kazakhstan.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can rent a flat/apartment (if they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of WKSMU (Aktobe) where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated by Indian students great enthusiasm & joy every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by West Kazakhstan State Med. University for students.
Benefits of MBBS from West Kazakhstan State Medical University
Some important things which may help lot of Indian students to decide about studying MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Med. University are :
- WKSMU (Aktobe) ranks on 8th position among all government medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC/MCI as well as WHO, so the MBBS degree from West Kazakhstan is valid globally.
- Being just a 25 years old medical university, West Kazakhstan still gets a huge number of admissions from India.
- The university has been training Indian students in English medium MBBS course for more than 6 years now.
- The low MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan and affordable lifestyle in Aktobe make it an ideal destination for Indians.
- The faculty of medicine at WKSMU is highly skilled & experienced in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in West Kazakhstan is 5 years + 1 year internship, similar to that of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample clinical/practical exposure, while interacting with local patients in hospitals after 2nd year of course.
- The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State University is the lowest among all universities in Kazakhstan.
- MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State University is simple and can be easily completed online in few steps.
- The MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan is just 50% marks in 12th/Inter/Equivalent & NEET qualification.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh/Russian.
About West Kazakhstan State Medical University
West Kazakhstan State Medical University ranks on 8th position among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. The low MBBS fee and it’s high ranking make it an ideal destination for Indian students for MBBS in Kazakhstan. The university currently has more than 3,500 students and hundreds of teachers are engaged in training them.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University is named after Marat Ospanov who was a Kazakh politician and took part in declaration of independence of Kazakhstan. It functions under the administration of Ministry of Education & Science of Kazakhstan. Other than providing education, the university contributes to research and scientific activities as well.
WKSMU (Aktobe) offers courses at undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels to national & foreign students. The university receives a huge number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. The university has many exchange programs with medical universities of Russia, Europe & CIS countries for the benefit of students.
Aktobe (Earlier known as Aktyubinsk) is the administrative capital of Aktobe province in the western region of Kazakhstan. The city is located along the Iles river and has 2 water reservoirs viz. Aktobe & Sazdy. Aktobe is situated very close to the Russian border and the nearest major Russian city is Orenburg. The development of energy resources, agriculture & ranching are the major pillars that have helped the city in it’s development & growing economy.
Aktobe is well connected to nearby major cities (Moscow, Bishkek & Tashkent) through an airport as well as railway track. The city also has a well maintained public transport system for travel within the city. Aktobe is the 4th most populated city of Kazakhstan and has a population of over 5 Lac people with 80% of them being Kazakhs and approx. 15% Russians too.
Aktobe has a number of government & private higher education institutions including a military academy & a medical university. The city attracts huge number of Indians who wish to pursue MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University. The average cost of living in city is much low in comparison to other major cities of Kazakhstan. Aktobe witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -15 Degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :