MBBS in Kazakhstan
In the past 5 years, there has been a huge rise in the number of Indian students travelling to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, all MBBS admissions in Kazakhstan are done on the basis of eligibility criteria set by NMC/MCI. The entire medical course in all Kazakhstan medical universities is taught in English medium.
The eligibility requirement for MBBS in Kazakhstan for Indian students is 50% marks, NEET qualification & 17 years age. The MBBS degree from Kazakhstan (MD Physician) is recognized worldwide, as all government & private universities are approved by WHO (World Health Organization).
Table of Contents
- Medium of Instruction
- Course Syllabus
- Classes/Exams & Grading
- Hostel Facilities
- Career Opportunities
A good number of Indian students travel to study MBBS in Kazakhstan as it offers affordable fee, has universities with good ranking and is not very far from India too. Some of the most important and main benefits of MBBS in Kazakhstan for Indian students are :
- No Donation : There is no donation amount needed to study MBBS in Kazakhstan, as they are direct & solely on the basis of eligibility.
- Global Recognition : All government & private medical universities in Kazakhstan are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
- Valid Degree : The MBBS degree in Kazakhstan is known by the name “MD Physician” and it is equivalent to “MBBS” degree in India.
- Easy Eligibility : The eligibility requirement for Indian students to study MBBS in Kazakhstan is 50% marks in PCB, NEET qualification & 17 years of age.
- Direct Admission : Students can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online, as they only need to provide scans of required documents.
- Affordable Fees : Kazakhstan universities offer very affordable course & the total MBBS fees in Kazakhstan starts from INR 15 Lacs (Including tuition fee & hostel).
- Course Duration : The duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan is 6 years & it complies with NMC’s prescribed duration (54 months course + 12 months internship).
- Medium of Instruction : The entire course of MBBS in Kazakhstan is in English medium for Indian students from the beginning till the end of course.
- Small Classes : Medical classes in Kazakhstan have 13-15 students, which helps students to communicate frankly with their teachers and clear their doubts.
- Close to India : Kazakhstan is located quite close to Indian sub continent. The flight from Delhi to Astana/Almaty takes 4 hours.
Indian students can apply for direct admission to study MBBS in Kazakhstan either online or by visiting any of our offices in India. They should apply before the last date of application as a limited number of seats are available for MBBS in Kazakhstan in each university. The step-by-step process of MBBS admission in Kazakhstan for Indian students is outlined below :
- Students must submit scans of marksheets, NEET qualification & passport (Aadhar, if passport not ready).
- University issues an admission letter, confirming the student’s successful admission to MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- Till now, no online test has been made compulsory by university for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan.
- Students must submit original marksheets, valid passport, passport size photos photos & medical reports.
- University then issues the invitation letter in student’s name for study visa & entry to Kazakhstan.
- We apply all documents along with invitation letter in Kazakhstan embassy and collect passport with visa.
- We inform the students about their departure date and provide a list of items that they should carry.
- We assist students in currency exchange, if they wishes to pay fees in US Dollars after arrival in Kazakhstan.
- We organize the departure of students in groups from New Delhi to Kazakhstan (Up to the destination city).
- One of our representative meets the students at airport in Kazakhstan and assists them for all the further procedures.
The eligibility to study MBBS in Kazakhstan for Indian students is the same as specified by NMC (National Medical Commission) for studying MBBS abroad in other countries. The exact MBBS eligibility requirement in Kazakhstan is as given below :
- 50% Marks : The student must have minimum 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) in intermediate/12th standard/equivalent. This score should be minimum 40% marks, if the student is from reserved category (SC/ST/OBC).
- NEET Qualification : Indian students must be qualified in NEET exam in 2023/2022/2021 to be eligible to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. As per the current rules of NMC, only NEET qualified students will be allowed to appear in the NEXT/FMGE in India after completion of MBBS from Kazakhstan.
- Minimum Age : Student must complete full 17 years age by 31st December of the current year i.e. the year in which he/she is applying for admission to MBBS in Kazakhstan.
The MBBS degree from Kazakhstan is recognized by WHO & NMC, which makes it completely valid in India as well other countries of the world.
- The recognition of medical universities of Kazakhstan by WHO is published on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) website.
- As NMC (National Medical Commission) no more publishes any list on it’s website, it recommends students to pursue MBBS only from universities listed on WDOMS.
- All Kazakhstan medical universities award MD (Physician) degree to students on successful completion of MBBS education.
- This MD (Physician) degree from Kazakhstan is equivalent to MBBS degree in India, as they are just different names of the same degree according to each country’s naming convention.
- Thousands of Indians have completed their MBBS degrees from Kazakhstan in the past few decades, who are now working in government & private hospitals in India & abroad.
The duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan is 5 years + 1 year internship, which is often generalized & understood as 6 years by majority of people in India.
- Entire MBBS course of 6 years in Kazakhstan is taught in English medium to Indian students (Including classes, lectures, tests & exams).
- It includes the full MBBS course and internship, which are necessary to work as a doctor in Kazakhstan, India or any other country.
- The duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan fully abides by the new rules set by NMC/MCI in (Nov’2021) for Indian students to study MBBS abroad.
- As per new rules of NMC, MBBS from any abroad country should have duration of 54 month (4.5 years) course + 12 months (1 year) internship.
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan is English for Indian students & other foreigners too, who wish to study in English medium.
- The entire course of MBBS in Kazakhstan is taught in English, except when the students have to interact with local Kazakh patients in hospitals.
- All classes, lectures, test and exams (Whether in university or in hospital) are conducted in English during the entire medical course.
- Foreign students learn Kazakh language as a subject from the very beginning of course along with other MBBS subjects.
- By the time they reach 3rd year of their MBBS course, they become fluent in Kazakh and do not face any problems in interacting with patients in hospitals too.
- Knowledge of Kazakh is necessary for all foreigners who plan to spend few years in Kazakhstan (Whether study or any other purpose). This is because they need to speak in Kazakh only, when outside university for their daily activities.
The MBBS course syllabus in Kazakhstan is same across all medical universities for Indian students. It covers all the subjects that are taught in Indian colleges as well. The year wise theoretical & clinical subjects taught during MBBS in Kazakhstan are :
- 1st-2nd Year : Mostly theoretical subjects are covered during the the first 2 years of MBBS in Kazakhstan for international students. These subjects majorly include Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry & Microbiology.
- 3rd Year : This is year is considered to be be the most tough as it covers several theoretical subjects along with regular visits to hospitals for clinical classes as well. The main subjects taught are Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Pathological-Anatomy & Surgery.
- 4th-5th Year : The focus shifts towards clinical classes from the 4th year of MBBS in Kazakhstan. Students mostly attend classes in hospitals only and have very few of them in university. The subjects covered during these years are Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Gynecology & Obstetrics, ENT, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Oncology, Urology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases & Medical Laws.
- 6th Year : This last year is entirely for internship and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s hospitals located in same city.
Indian students’ classes for MBBS in Kazakhstan are are conducted in such a way that they gain theoretical & practical knowledge simultaneously in a very efficient manner.
- Indians classes in MBBS classes in Kazakhstan have 15-20 students, which is an ideal teacher to student ratio for easy learning.
- Classes with less students allows each of them to directly interact with teachers without any hesitation, making it look more like a group discussion.
- Highly qualified teachers & professors are appointed to train foreign/international students, who are also very proficient in teaching in English language.
- Students learn and practice on cadaver/dead-body from the 1st year itself (like in India), unlike some other countries where dummies are used.
- The grading/marking system is based on numbers ranging from 2 to 5, where 5 means excellent & 2 means fail. Students must score min 3 (Meaning average), in order to pass a test/exam.
- During the first 2 years of MBBS in Kazakhstan, more emphasis is given on theoretical subjects. Students attend most of the classes in university campus during these years.
- In the 3rd year of MBBS course, students have few subjects’ classes left to attend in university. This is because they start attending clinical classes in hospitals, where start interact with patients as well.
- From 4th to 5th year, they attend classes in various hospitals (Depending on subject specialty) located in the city. The classes are inclined towards practical/clinical learning as students interact with local patients on a regular basis.
- The 6th year is for internship only and students undergo thorough clinical classes in one of the university’s recommended hospitals.
The hostel facilities in Kazakhstan for Indian students are more or less the same in all medical universities of Kazakhstan. In most cases, foreign students are provided accommodation in one of the university’s government hostels. However, in some cases students have to stay in a private hostels or rent a flat/apartment by their own, until a room is available in government hostels.
- All Indian students are provided accommodation in university’s hostels for the entire period of their MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- It is compulsory to stay in university’s hostel for at least 1 year as new students don’t have knowledge of Kazakh language for communicating with locals.
- After 1 year, they can still continue to stay in university’s hostel or rent a flat/apartment with some of their friends, if they wish to leave university hostel.
- Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation in separate hostels or in completely separate blocks/wings of the same hostel.
- All university & private hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance (At all important places in hostels) & fire alarm (In all rooms as well) safety systems for the safety of international students.
- The entry & exit times from hostel premises are 6:00 AM & 08:00 PM respectively. A security guard is always present to monitor the students & locals visiting the hostel.
- Each hostel floor has a common kitchen where Indian students can prepare food by their own. A reading hall, sports hall & laundry is available in each hostel, whether government or private.
- All rooms are equipped with furniture & beddings (study table & chair, lamps, bed, bed sheets, pillow & wardrobes). Students can get the furniture repaired by hostel administration (If damaged) and exchange the beddings every week. To keep the rooms warm during peak winters, each room is equipped with radiators (heating system for winters) as well.
- Foreign students don’t have to pay anything additional for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas. All these charges are included in the government/private hostel’s fee in Kazakhstan. However, these charges have to be paid additionally based on usage, when one stays in an apartment.
- Indian students can choose to between 2/3/4 seater rooms according to availability. They can change rooms later as well, by simply submitting an application to the hostel administration.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Kazakhstan (Compulsory for all 1st year Indian students). The monthly mess charges are USD 100-120, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- From 2nd year onwards, Indians can continue to have food from Indian mess (On a paid basis) or prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
Indian students who complete their MBBS from Kazakhstan have the same career options, that students in India have after completing MBBS from any government or private medical college.
- Students can appear in NEXT (National Exit Test)/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam or MCI Screening Test) in India, if they wish to practice as a registered doctor in India.
- They can appear in PG exam of English speaking countries (USMLE/PLAB/NZREX/GAMSAT/MCAT), if they wish to do post-graduation or work in any of those countries..
- Indian students can work as a registered doctor in Kazakhstan & several neighboring countries after completing their medical course. This opportunity is only for those Indian students, who complete their MBBS degree from Kazakhstan, as they become fluent in Kazakh as well.
- Apart from working as doctors, these Indian MBBS graduates can continue further PG (Any Specialty) in Kazakhstan. As post-graduation involves clinical/practical classes, it is taught in Kazakh medium only. Thus, only those Indians who complete MBBS from Kazakhstan can take PG admission in Kazakhstan universities without language course training.
About Medical Education in Kazakhstan
MBBS in Kazakhstan has become a very popular choice among Indian students who plan to study MBBS abroad since past few years. This is especially due to the extremely low & affordable fee offered to students. All medical colleges in Kazakhstan are recognized/approved by WHO and other international bodies (Including NMC) which makes the MBBS degree from Kazakhstan valid globally. The affordable MBBS fees for Indians in Kazakhstan with an easy eligibility criteria is all a result of flourishing relations between both countries.
Kazakhstan medical universities (Government & private) get immense funding from the government, so as to maintain the highest standard of education. Indian students in Kazakhstan can choose to participate in various student exchange programs offered by universities and travel to other universities in Kazakhstan and neighboring countries as well. This gives them an opportunity to gain knowledge and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
The national language of Kazakhstan is Kazakh which is taught to all foreign/international students from the very beginning of course. However, most of the population knows Russian too, as the country was a part of USSR till 1991. The relations between Kazakhstan & India are extremely good with huge trade involved of petroleum, radioactive chemicals & silver. The trust that both countries have towards each other, has played a key role in the recent surge being witnessed in education field.
Now that we have discussed most of the important aspects about MBBS in Kazakhstan, let us know a few things about the country. Kazakhstan is also known as the Republic of Kazakhstan and is a Central Asia country. It is the 9th largest country in whole world and was a part of USSR. Now it is one of the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries that was created after the disintegration of USSR in 1991.
Kazakhstan is the most dominant country in this region and contributes 60% of this region’s GDP alone. It shares it’s borders with Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The total population of Kazakhstan is 18.5 million and ranks 64th in terms of population in whole world. The capital city of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (2nd largest city) which is the new name of famous city of Astana. Till the year 1997, Almaty was the the capital city of Kazakhstan.
The total area of country is 27,24,900 sq. kms. and falls in 2 continents i.e. Europe and Asia both. It is one of the least densely populous countries in whole world. The climate of Kazakhstan is much colder, when compared to the neighboring countries. It witnesses mild to severe winters but are are mostly dry. During summers, the temperatures in some cities reaches up to +40 degrees Celsius. The number of Indian students travelling to Kazakhstan is increasing every year, due to the excellent standards of education.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan are : No donation, WHO recognized, government/private universities, valid degree, easy eligibility, direct online admission, low fees, course duration as per NMC, English medium, close location to India & a huge community of Indian students.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan ?
Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan by sending their relevant documents (Scans of 12th marksheet, NEET qualification result & passport) online to us or by visiting any of our offices in India with prior appointment.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazakhstan for Indian students is 50% marks in PCB in 12th (40% for reserved category), NEET qualification (In current or any of the past 2 years) & minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December of current year).
Is MBBS degree from Kazakhstan recognized & valid ?
Yes. Kazakhstan universities are recognized by WHO and listed on WDOMS too. Hence, MBBS degree from such universities is recognized globally. However, Indian students must also clear FMGE exam after returning to India, if they wish to work in India.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Kazakhstan ?
The duration of MBBS course in Kazakhstan in English medium is 5 years and 1 year for additional internship. This total 6 years duration includes full medical course, clinical/practical classes & internship.
What is the medium of instruction in Kazakhstan ?
The medium of instruction of MBBS in Kazakhstan for Indian students is English for the entire 5 years course. However, students also interact with local patients in hospitals in Kazakh language during clinical classes & 1 year internship.
What is the MBBS course syllabus in Kazakhstan ?
The MBBS course syllabus in Kazakhstan is entirely similar to that in India (or any other country) and covers all the mandatory medial subjects thoroughly.
How are MBBS classes conducted in Kazakhstan ?
The MBBS classes in Kazakhstan for Indian students are conducted in small groups of less than 15 students. Students attend most of their classes in university during the first 2 years. But from 3rd year onwards, they visit hospitals for most of their clinical/practical classes.
What are the hostel facilities in Kazakhstan for Indians ?
Indian students in Kazakhstan are provided accommodation in one of the government hostels owned by university. Each room is equipped with furniture, beddings & radiators. Students do not have to pay separately for electricity, hot/cold water & cooking gas.
What are career opportunities after MBBS from Kazakhstan ?
The career opportunities for Indian students after MBBS from Kazakhstan are to : work in India (After clearing FMGE/NExT) as a doctor, pursue PG in India/English speaking countries (USA/Canada/UK/Australia/NZ), working in Kazakhstan as a doctor (Without any exam) or pursue PG in Kazakhstan (In any specialty) as well.