NEET result valid for 3 years to study MBBS abroad
In a move to help and promote thousands of students who wish to study MBBS abroad in Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, & Azerbaijan, it has NEET result valid for 3 years (From 2018). This would help the students to take MBBS admission abroad in above countries for next 2 years as well based on their previous year’s NEET qualified score. Earlier till 2018, NEET score of only the current year was valid for MBBS admission abroad in that year.
The Union Health & Welfare Ministry of India had already cleared the proposal from the MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) & Board of Governors. This important decision provides NEET qualified students 2 years additional time (Excluding the year in which he/she qualifies NEET) to research and choose a suitable destination for studying MBBS abroad after they have cleared the NEET exam.
NEET 3 years result validity (To study MBBS abroad) means :
- If the student qualified NEET in 2021, then he/she can apply for MBBS abroad in “2021, 2022 & 2023” as well.
- Without 3 years validity, the student earlier had to qualify NEET in the year he/she wanted to take MBBS admission abroad.
* Before NEET was made a qualifying criteria for students to take MBBS admission abroad, 50% marks in 12th/intermediate/equivalent (40% for SC/ST/OBC) was the only eligibility criteria (With subsequent eligibility certificate from MCI) to study MBBS from abroad country.
Important Points :
- NEET was made compulsory for students to qualify for studying abroad from year 2018.
- More than 10,000 students from India take MBBS admission in Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan & Azerbaijan very year.
- Approx. 15-16 Lac students appear in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) every year and this number increase every year.