Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University was established in 1939 and is located in Osh, which is the capital of Osh region of Kyrgyzstan. The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is INR 22.35 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers an affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University can be completed online by submitting documents scans. The MBBS eligibility in Osh is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the the latest NMC’s guidelines.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Osh State Medical University in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University is a government medical institution that functions under Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science & Education of Kyrgyzstan. It was established as Osh Pedagogical Institute in 1939 & got the status of “university” in 1992. Earlier OSMU (Osh) provided medical education, but now it also offers law, business & management courses. Hence, it is often known as Osh State University as it is not limited to medical field only. It is very popular choice among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University are it’s high ranking, low fees, vast campus & a huge number of Indian students.
Osh State Medical University ranks among the top 5 (According to online ranking portals) medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. Overall, it has 40,000+ students (Local Kyrgyz & foreign students) studying in different faculties and 2,000+ teachers (Including some Indian teachers) are engaged in teaching them. At present, there are more than 1,000 Indian students studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University in English medium. OSMU (Osh) offers courses at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels in medical & various other fields of education. A new campus has also been built to accommodate the increasing number of students from foreign countries.
MBBS Fees in Osh State Medical University – 2023
The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is INR 22.35 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Osh for 2023 session is as below :
|Osh State Medical University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 4,000||USD 4,000||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 600||USD 600||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 2,200||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 6,800||USD 4,600||USD 29,800|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 5,10,000||INR 3,45,000||INR 22,35,000|
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kyrgyzstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Admission in Osh State Medical University
All eligible candidates from India and other countries can apply for MBBS admission in Osh online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. Indian students can apply for MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Osh State Medical University issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Osh State Medical University issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kyrgyzstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Osh State Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Osh and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Osh can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Osh State Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- OSMU (Osh) ranks among top 5 higher medical education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Osh is valid in whole world.
- Being a 29 years old university of Kyrgyzstan, Osh State University witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- Osh State University has been teaching MBBS in English medium to Indians (And other foreign students) for more than 15 years.
- More than 3,000 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from Osh State University.
- The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Osh of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Osh is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Osh is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kyrgyz.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Osh State Medical University is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kyrgyzstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kyrgyzstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Osh State Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
Osh State University offers courses in field of medicine at undergraduate, post-graduate & doctoral levels. The university also has preparatory/language faculty for foreign students who wish to study in local language (Kyrgyz). The faculty of general medicine is the most popular & renowned one, as it receives the most number of Indian students every year. The faculties at Osh State Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty for Diploma Courses
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Osh State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Osh, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Osh State Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Many new hostels have also been built by university recently to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Osh.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Osh State University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Osh State University for Indian students.
Some important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBB from Osh State Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Osh, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Thousands of Indians from Osh have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Osh is the 2nd largest city of Kyrgyzstan and is often referred as the “South Capital of Kyrgyzstan“. It is the oldest city of Kyrgyzstan & the capital of Osh provincial region. The city has mixed culture and population of Russians, Kyrgyz, Uzbeks & Tajiks. It has direct connectivity with Bishkek through Osh international airport and by road too. Due to the mountainous ranges outside city, there is no railway connectivity with some nearby cities including Bishkek.
The Sulayman Mountains (Only World Heritage site in Kyrgyzstan) are located here offer a splendid view of Osh and it’s natural beauty. The city has become an educational hub of Indians who come to study MBBS course here. Osh has lots of stadium, sports centers, swimming pools, winter sports, skiing centers, cinemas, parks, etc. for recreational activities.
Osh city witnesses a continental climate with hot & dry summers (Between +25 to +33 degrees Celsius) and moderately cold winter season most of the time (Between +3 to -10 degrees Celsius). The local city people love to interact with foreigners and the atmosphere of city is ideal for education. Indian students who graduated from Osh have often said that the time they spent here was one of the best times of their lives.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is INR 22.35 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Osh State Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Osh State Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kyrgyzstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Osh State Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Osh State Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Osh State Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University are it’s low fees, top ranking, vast campus, experienced faculty & a huge number of Indian students.