Kazakh National Medical University
Kazakh National Medical University was established in 1930 and is located in the city of Almaty, which is the largest city of Kazakhstan. The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is INR 27.67 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for 2023 session. It offers a moderate MBBS fees in Kazakhstan to Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The process of MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University can be completed online by submitting documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the NMC’s rules.
There are 2 academic sessions for MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University in an year i.e. February & September session. Eligible students can apply by submitting documents online or by visiting any of our offices.
About Kazakh National Medical University
Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University is a government institution & functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Ministry of Science of Kazakhstan. The university is named after the famous professor SD Asfendiyarov who was also the first rector of university. KazNMU (Almaty) was granted the status of “National University” in year 2001. For several years, it has been the most chosen university by foreign students for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan. The main reasons of studying MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University are it’s top ranking, excellent education, experienced faculty & location in Almaty (Largest city of Kazakhstan).
Kazakh National Medical University ranks on 2nd position (According to online ranking portals) among all medical universities in Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate & doctoral levels in various fields of medical education. Overall, there are 11,000+ students (Local Kazakh & foreigners) pursuing education at university and 1,500+ teachers are engaged in training them. At present, there are more than 750 Indian students who are studying MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University in English medium. Being one of the oldest universities of country, KazNMU is very active in research activities and also has several student exchange programs with universities of Russia, Europe & other CIS countries.
MBBS Fees in Kazakh National Medical University – 2023
The MBBS fees in Kazakh National medical University is INR 27.67 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Kazakh National for 2023 session is given below :
|Kazakh National Medical University||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 5,350||USD 5,350||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 700||USD 700||–|
|Documentation, Translation, Visa Extension, Registration, Medical Insurance & Misc. Charges||USD 600||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 6,650||USD 6,050||USD 36,900|
|Total Fees (Indian Rupees)||INR 4,98,750||INR 4,53,750||INR 27,67,500|
* Indian mess is compulsory in 1st year at additional USD 120 per month.
The MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Kazakhstan. Students purchase US Dollars in India before departure and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Kazakhstan and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Admission in Kazakh National Medical University
All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakh National online or visit any of our offices with prior appointment. The step-by-step process to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students is as below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- Kazakh National Medical University issues admission letter on the basis of documents submitted.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- Kazakh National Medical University issues invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist students in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist students in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Kazakhstan.
- Our representatives receives the students at airport in Baku and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University
The MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University strictly follows the rules set by NMC for Indian students to study abroad. All seats are allotted on the basis of MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National and seats availability at the time of application. The exact MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category students must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University
WHO/NMC Recognition of Kazakh National Medical University
Kazakh National Medical University is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in Kazakh National can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- KazNMU (Almaty) ranks on 9th position higher medical education institutions in whole of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Kazakh National is valid in whole world.
- Being a 93 years old university of Kazakhstan, Kazakh National witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- Kazakh National Medical University has been teaching MBBS in English to Indian students for more than 10 years.
- More than 700 Indian students have successfully passed and been awarded MBBS degree from KazNMU (Almaty).
- The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is quite low & affordable for entire medical course.
- The MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it lot easy for students to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University is quite simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kazakh National is 5 years + 1 year internship, as per NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Kazakh National is highly experienced in teaching general medicine to Indian students in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Kazakh.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2020/21/22)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Kazakh National Medical University is 5 years + 1 year (Internship in Kazakhstan) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is required for working as medical practitioner in Kazakhstan or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Kazakh National Medical University for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreign students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and are often referred during classes. These help the students to be prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India too during their course of medical education.
KazNMU (Almaty) provides courses in medical & related fields at undergraduate, postgraduate & doctoral levels. The faculty of general medicine is the receives the most number of applications from international students. Other than medical, language/preparatory faculty is also available for students who wish to study in local language (Kazakh). The faculties at Kazakh National Medical University that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Therapeutic Faculty
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Medico-Prophylaxis
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Public Health & Management Faculty
- Faculty of Post Graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Indian Students’ Classes
The classes for Indian students in Kazakh National Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kazakh National Medical University, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers in English who then evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Kazakh National Medical University are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Many new hostels have also been built by university recently to accommodate the increasing number of Indians.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in university hostel during the first year of their MBBS course in Kazakh National.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Kazakh National Med. University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can choose from vegetarian/non-vegetarian meals.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm every year in hostel.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by Kazakh National Med. University for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in Kazakh National, equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian students must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and students must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and students can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KazNMU have passed FMGE/NExT and are currently working in India.
Almaty (Earlier known as Alma-Ata) is located in the southern most part of country is the largest city of the Kazakhstan. It was the official capital from 1929 to 1997. The current capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (Earlier known as Astana). However, Almaty still remains to be the commercial & cultural capital of Kazakhstan and the most populated city as well. The city alone contributes to more than 20% GDP of whole Kazakhstan annually.
Almaty has an international airport with flights to most cities around the world. For transport within the city, apart from the regular trams, trolley-buses, etc. A bicycle sharing system is also available where people can rent a bicycle on monthly basis. Almaty is not only a commercial center of Kazakhstan but also a major educational hub. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kazakhstan.
Almaty has more than 25 renowned universities where students from different countries around the globe. Most of the Indian students who travel here have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Asfendiyarov KazNMU or some other university located here. The climate is humid continental with warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and mildly cold winters (Up to -10 Degrees Celsius). Being the economic & education hub, the city of Almaty has the most foreign students in whole country and businessmen as well.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is INR 27.67 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for whole course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The process of MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University requires documents submission, visa stamping & then departure to Kazakhstan.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Kazakh National Medical University recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Kazakh National Medical University is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University are it’s top ranking, excellent campus, huge number of Indians & location in Almaty (Largest city of Kazakhstan).