Izhevsk State Medical Academy
Izhevsk State Medical Academy was established in 1933 and is located in the Izhevsk in the Udmurtia region of Russia. The total MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is 18,90,000 Rupees for 2023 session. ISMA offers a one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who want to study MBBS abroad.
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Izhevsk online by submitting required documents’ scans. The MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk is 50% marks & NEET qualification as per the latest NMC rules. There is 1 academic session for MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy in whole year i.e. September session.
Izhevsk State Medical Academy began MBBS course in English medium 5 years ago for international students. The academy ranks among top 20 medical universities in Russia. The main reasons why Indian students choose Izhevsk for studying MBBS in Russia are low fees, modern hostels, excellent education, peaceful city & a low cost of living.
- University Type : Government
- Recognitions : WHO, NMC (Earlier MCI)
- Duration : 6 Years (Including Internship)
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Entrance Exam : Yes (Online Mode)
- Ranking : Top 20 (In Russia)
- Total Students : 3,000+
- Indian Students : 100+
- Education Level : Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- Departments : Medical, Dentistry & Nursing
MBBS Fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy – 2023
The MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is 18,90,000 Rupees including tuition fee & hostel accommodation. The detailed MBBS fee structure in Izhevsk in 2023 session is given below :
|Izhevsk State Medical Academy||1st Year Fees||2nd-6th/Year Fees||Total Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees||USD 3,500||USD 3,500||–|
|Hostel Fees||USD 400||USD 400||–|
|Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Insurance, Translation, Dactyloscopy||Included||–||–|
|Total Fees||USD 5,700||USD 3,900||USD 25,200|
|Total Fees (Rupees)||Rs. 4,27,500||Rs. 2,92,500||Rs. 18,90,000|
* 1st year MBBS fees in Izhevsk includes registration & overhead expenses.
* Indian mess available at additional USD 80 per month.
The MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is generally paid through 2 most commonly used methods. First, students carry full 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly after arrival in Russia. They purchase US Dollars in India and pay in US Dollars after arrival there.
Second, students can transfer the 1st year fee online through bank directly to university/representative’s account in Russia and provide transaction receipt for confirmation. The online fee transfer must be done before departure from India & it is allowed/accepted by selected medical universities in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy
Students can apply for MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy through a simple step-by-step process as shown below :
- Student submits scans of 10th, 12th marksheets and NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021).
- University issues admission letter confirming MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy.
- Student submits the scans of valid passport for issuance of invitation letter from university.
- ISMA (Izhevsk) issues invitation letter for study visa formalities in India & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student submits original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for visa from embassy.
- We assist them in currency exchange for payment on arrival or online fees transfer from India.
- We assist them in ticket booking and plan their departure in groups, so that they travel together.
- Our representative meets the students at airport and briefs about their trip from Delhi to Russia.
- Our representatives receives the group at airport in Izhevsk and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
MBBS Eligibility in Izhevsk State Medical Academy
The MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk State Medical Academy follows the NMC guidelines for admission of Indian students and is as mentioned below :
- 50% Marks : Students from general category must have 50% marks (PCB) in 12th/Inter/Equivalent, while reserved category candidates must have 40% marks in the same.
- NEET Qualification : The student must have qualified NEET exam in current year or any of the previous 2 years i.e. NEET must be qualified in either in 2023/2022/2021.
- Age : The student must be of complete full 17 years (By 31st December) in the year of application to comply with the MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk State Medical Academy.
WHO/NMC Recognition of Izhevsk State Medical Academy
Izhevsk State Medical Academy is recognized by NMC & WHO, as it is included in the list of recognized universities on WDOMS and follows the latest NMC guidelines. This clears some major doubts for all students as given below :
- According to NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS from medical universities listed on WDOMS and have minimum course duration of 4.5 years (54 months) & internship/clinical rotation of 1 year (12 months).
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy can appear in the FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- Indian students in ISMA (Izhevsk) can also appear in post-graduation entrance exam of other countries, as the university is included in the list of recognized/approved institutions published by WHO on WDOMS.
Benefits of MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy
The most important benefits of studying MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy for Indian students are as mentioned below :
- ISMA (Izhevsk) ranks among top 20 higher education medical institutions in the whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from NMC as well as WHO, so the medical degree from Izhevsk is valid in whole world.
- Being a 90 years old university of Russia, Izhevsk receives a very good number of admissions from India.
- ISMU (Izhevsk) has been teaching MBBS in English medium to international students for more than 5 years.
- The total MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is one of the lowest among all universities in Russia.
- The MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk of 50% marks & NEET qualification makes it very easy to get admission.
- MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is simple and students can apply online by following a simple process.
- The total duration of MBBS in ISMA (Izhevsk) is “6” years which follows NMC rules of 54 months course & 12 months internship.
- The faculty of medicine at Izhevsk has immense experience in teaching general medicine to Indians in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- Indian mess facility is available in hostel premises, so students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language i.e. Russian.
The documents required for MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy are :
- 10th & 12th/Inter Marksheet
- NEET Qualification (2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Duration of Course
The total duration of MBBS course in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is 6 years (5 years 8 months exactly) for Indian students. It includes internship/clinical rotation also, which is compulsory for working as medical practitioner in Russia or any other country. This entire MBBS course duration fully complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to pursue 4.5 years course (54 months) + 1 year internship (12 months).
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in Izhevsk State Medical Academy for all Indian students is English. All the classes, tests & exams are conducted in English by highly experienced teachers/professors/doctors for foreigners. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and teachers often take references from them during classes. These help the students to prepare for their FMGE/NExT in India during their course of medical education.
Most of the international students apply for admission in faculty of general medicine which receives the most number of applications among all faculties. Students also have the option to enroll in preparatory/language courses, if they wish to study in local language (Russian). The active faculties at Izhevsk State Medical Academy that provide training to local & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
Classes & Practical
The classes for Indian students in Izhevsk State Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps help students to learn and understand subjects in a better way. Indian students begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, foreigners also learn local language (Russian) from the very beginning of course. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Izhevsk State Medical Academy, more emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their teachers/doctors in English who evaluate their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
The hostels for Indian students in Izhevsk State Medical Academy are situated in the campus & nearby areas. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Located within the main campus & students attend their classes in university at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indian students have to travel out of campus from 3rd year, when they have to attend classes in various hospitals.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are provided accommodation on separate hostels/floors with complete separation.
- The hostels have common facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within their premises on each floor.
- It is not compulsory to stay in hostel during the first year of their MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment (If they wish to) or continue to stay in university hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are celebrated among Indians with enthusiasm and joy every year.
- Annual sports (Mostly Cricket) and cultural events are organized by ISMA (Izhevsk) for Indian students.
Some very important steps/guidelines & career opportunities after MBBS from Izhevsk State Medical Academy for Indian students are :
- Students are awarded MD (Physician) in ISMA (Izhevsk), equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- All Indian graduates must appear and qualify FMGE/NExT, if they wish to work as a doctor.
- FMGE/NeXT exam is organized twice every year in the months of June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam, conducted in online mode and they must score 50% marks in it.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts and they can re-appear in this exam after every 6 months.
- Once qualified, they must serve 1 year internship in any government hospital from any part of India.
- They get permanent registration (As a doctor) in India, after they complete their internship.
- Doctors can then work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors, who want to pursue PG in English speaking countries can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
Izhevsk (Earlier known as Ustinov) city is the capital city of the Udmurt Republic/Udmurtia of Russian Federation. The city is famous for defense, metallurgy & engineering industry. Izhevsk has people from more than 100 ethnicities living together in harmony. Izhevsk airport is located 15 kms. to the east of city center. Students reach directly in Izhevsk (Via Moscow) and do not have to travel by road/rail from Moscow to reach here. Trams, trolley buses, buses, vans & taxis are easily available for transport within the city.
Izhevsk is also known as the Arms Capital of Russia as the city is home town to Alexander Kalashnikov (Person who invented AK-47 rifle). The major source of economy of Izhevsk is military production i.e. assault rifles which are exported globally for military use. Some of the major tourist attractions in city are Izhevsk Pond, Nevsky Cathedral, St. Michael’s Cathedral, Pesochnaya TV Mast & Udmurtia Circus.
Indian students studying MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy find the people of city beautiful & peaceful. The local people of city are very friendly with foreigners and love to interact with them. The climate of Izhevsk is humid continental with long and cold winters (Ranging between 0 to -20 degrees Celsius) and warm summers (Ranges from +22 to +34 degrees Celsius).
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in Izhevsk State Medical Academy is 18,90,000 Rupees for 6 years course including tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance.
How to apply for MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy ?
Students can apply for MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy by sending 12th marksheet, NEET result & passport scans online or visit any of our offices.
How to get MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy ?
The process of MBBS admission in Izhevsk State Medical Academy requires documents submission, an online test, medical reports, visa stamping & then departure to Russia.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk State Medical Academy ?
The MBBS eligibility in Izhevsk State Medical Academy for Indian students is 50% marks in 12th/Inter, NEET qualification (2023/2022/2021) & min. 17 years age.
Is Izhevsk State Medical Academy recognized by WHO & NMC ?
Yes. Izhevsk State Medical Academy is recognized & approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and is listed on WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) portal.
What are the benefits of MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy ?
The main benefits of studying MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy are it’s very low fees, high ranking, low cot of living & a good number of Indian students.